Should I...Shouldn't I...?

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
Hey guys got a question. But before I ask, I just want to say that I appreciate everyone's advice, opinions, and intelligence on this forum. The question I am about to ask is out of ignorance and frustration at getting hardly any results.

A little background: I used to work out alot and got really big taking the old andro products that are now banned. I got married, had kids, and I got "comfortable" and put on alot of weight. Currently, I am 5'10", 300 lbs. Yes, I am fat. I work out alot now (5 times a week or more) doing cardio and heavy weight lifting. I am losing like a pound a week :( which is frustrating as hell.

I take Tri Andro and a multitude of other supplements that include multivitamins, cycle support, hydroxyelite, and others. The Tri Andro I love and helps me go really hard in the gym.

I do not have the convenience or ability to pin myself. I would not be able to hide it easily from my wife. I want to try an Anavar only cycle. Will this help speed up the fat loss/muscle gain? Would it be worth it to try it? I would do 8 weeks with a cycle support supplement, then a PCT (clomid) for 4 weeks.

What do you guys think? I am doing what i have to do as far as losing weight, I calculated my TDEE and I am doing about 500 calorie deficit or more a day, but the weight loss is taking forever, and I want to maximize my size and fat loss quickly.

Would this be worth it? I hear that Anavar only cycles produce results (not like Test or other stuff, but still, some results). Plus its my first cycle of androgens ever and I want to give it a shot.

Thanks bros. Hope to hear your thoughts soon.

TL;DR: I want to try Anavar, should I?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're not going to get much support just because of your current bf%

Anavar (or any other compound) is not going to accelerate much in terms of fat loss based on your current stats. You are already running the Tri-Andro, that could also be debated for effects based on your bf, so I don't think adding anything else or replacing it with something else is going to get you what you want.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Anavar is not going anywhere man. Use it when your body is ready. I am guilty of wanting things NOW as well, we all are. That's why we do the things we do. But I say continue on the path you're on, diet, training, etc. and come back in 6 months and give us your stats. It will say a lot about what you can do, and less about what a compound can do.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
You're not going to get much support just because of your current bf%

Anavar (or any other compound) is not going to accelerate much in terms of fat loss based on your current stats. You are already running the Tri-Andro, that could also be debated for effects based on your bf, so I don't think adding anything else or replacing it with something else is going to get you what you want.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Anavar is not going anywhere man. Use it when your body is ready. I am guilty of wanting things NOW as well, we all are. That's why we do the things we do. But I say continue on the path you're on, diet, training, etc. and come back in 6 months and give us your stats. It will say a lot about what you can do, and less about what a compound can do.
Thank you for your response. I guess I do want it NOW NOW NOW.. I'm 38 and I'm just like, "damn, I'm ready".

But you're right. I think my bf % is somewhere like 35% or higher!

Thanks again for the advice.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for your response. I guess I do want it NOW NOW NOW.. I'm 38 and I'm just like, "damn, I'm ready".

But you're right. I think my bf % is somewhere like 35% or higher!

Thanks again for the advice.
I feel like that sometimes too with my age (39), but I see dudes in the gym that are jacked in their 40's and 50's. There is plenty of time. And even more reason for us aging fellas to do things smart healthwise.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now I know strength training plays a big part in fat loss, but if you want to accelerate fat loss to get toward your goal faster, I would definitely prioritize HIIT style cardio in your routine.

At least a 50/50 time split ( not necessarily all HIIT)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Don't waste your money, more exercise, better diet, more time. You can make drastic changes in short periods of time with the right motivation. A few years ago I dropped 25 lbs in 2 weeks just to prove to my mom she was being lazy and complaining to make herself feel better. Obviously I didn't keep it off but I didn't want too. Just over a month ago I started a intense labor job and went from 203-182 just from the increase in work load and sweat. I was happy at 200 lbs so I'm working on packing in those calories to put some weight back on. What I'm getting it is you don't need anything other than effort. Save the drugs and expensive supplements for when your in better shape cus that is when they work best.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I have a question for the more experienced guys. Why wouldn't he want to run some clen? He's dieting properly and he's consistently losing weight, and he's already taking an anabolic to battle any potential muscle wasting due to clen. Would clen help him, and would it be safe of it's run properly?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using AnabolicMinds mobile app

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a question for the more experienced guys. Why wouldn't he want to run some clen? He's dieting properly and he's consistently losing weight, and he's already taking an anabolic to battle any potential muscle wasting due to clen. Would clen help him, and would it be safe of it's run properly?

Would not recommend anything like Clen to someone with 35% body fat. Period

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your trying to lose weight I would stay away from all hormones and do it through diet and exercise. Honestly I wouldn't recommend touching any hormones until you cut down to 15% bf. Higher bf equals higher affinity for sides (estrogen problems, lipids etc.) Also hormones are primarily used to build or preserve muscle not burn fat. While it is true the more muscle you have the more fat you can burn but you can do this naturally. You didn't get to be 300 lbs over night so likewise prepare yourself for a process, be patient and do it for the long term so you don't find yourself in this trap again. You will be better off in the long run imo. Once you really get dialed in the weight will come off if your being disciplined. Good luck

I also recommend a good thermogenic like radiate if you can tolerate stims and up the amount of cardio slowly ramping the amount of time.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Agree! Clen is a no. Also clen doesn't waste muscle.

Oh yes OP we are ALL guilty of it. Never forget you ARE dropping a pound a week! So what you are doing is working!

Lift heavy! Eat light (but protein) and rest enough. I always write down ALL my stats at the beginning of each year and compare them. Trust me time flies and so does fat ;) enjoy the journey

APC80

APC80

Awards
You're better off losing a lb a week mate trust me. I'd say your prob losing a wee bit more than that but building a bit of muscle seeing you used to work out. I dropped over 20 pounds in 3 weeks there, now I'm realising I've lost a bunch of muscle with that. I was stupid and impatient and I should've known better so the rate you're losing is fine don't try to rush it like I did you'll be sorry.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Clen doesn't waste muscle, your thinking of T3

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Start a log bro. Keeps you motivated.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Dude, a pound per week is right on the money for being ideal to preserve muscle. So although it may seem like it's taking forever, you in fact are saving yourself time in the future in regaining it.

Stay the course!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A pound a week is ideal for a cutting bodybuilder. In his case he can be a little more agressive.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Double-up on answers pertaining to slow and steady wins the race. This marathon is in slow motion, and it's beautiful. I was about 300 pounds 4 years ago, and it took me a good 1.5 years to get down to 220. I didn't do anything but move a little more, and eat a lot better. The only thing I moved into was some basic staples once I began hitting the weights more and more.

This is your life, and you are the lead actor in it. Remember to enjoy the encores when you can my man. Enjoy every day you do something for yourself, and it will all fall into place.

Check out our non-stim fat burner, Veinquish and it is one of the long term supplements I wish I had during the tough times. There was nothing like it on the market when I was losing my weight but it most certainly would have helped.

Good luck to you!

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Get your bf down below 20%. The tri Andro is probably hurting you more than helping because 4andro retains water.
For now, get your diet and training honed in, and if you want throw in a thermogenic fat burner.

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
Hell yea bros, thanks for the advice and encouraging words. I will keep chiseling away and pushing forward. I will report back down the road on my fat loss! You saved me from wasting my money. Again, thanks!

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man anytime. Feel free to reply here, or DM any of us anytime you have question or maybe need an encouraging word/ advice.