My Superdrol Review

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
I received a nice email from a customer rep at bodybuilding.com asking me to write a review on my experience with Superdrol so I've decided to post my results.

Lifting Experience
I have been lifting for 6 years and have been dedicated for the past 3, missing only about 3 weeks training total during that time. I am under the training of Bobo (owner of www.flanutrition.com and www.anabolicminds.com). I am doing his fat loss program, which consists of a 5 day training split with 4 days of low intensity cardio. I started cutting at 182 lbs, approx 11% bf. I was losing fat at approx 3 lbs a week for 3 weeks before my cycle. I was 176 lbs when I began superdrol and at around 8% bf.

Click below to view my fat loss log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26891

Diet / Supplements
My diet is very strict.

EDIT: Thats all they need to know ;)

My planned cycle
I had heard many good reviews about SD (although it wreaks havoc on your lipid values). I was worried about losing muscle while cutting so I decided to do a 3 week superdrol cycle to put on some lean mass in the process. This would be my 4th cycle (first was 1ad/4ad, 2nd was m1t/m14add, 3rd was m5aa). I started the first week at 10mg, 2nd week at 20mg, and the last 4 days I bumped the dosage to 30mg. I chose to use Rebound XT for pct, along with red yeast rice (to help cholesterol), coq10 and milk thistle (both for liver protection). I found a nice product by Now Foods called Red Yeast Rice w/Coq10 which contains 1.2g RYR, 210mg Coq10, 210mg Milk Thistle, and 100mg ALA. I would also start swole v12 again during pct to help keep my strength up during pct.

Here is my plan for pct
Week 1: Rebound XT - 3 caps a day, RYR w/Coq10 - 2 caps a day
Week 2: Rebound XT - 2 caps a day, RYR w/Coq10 - 2 caps a day
Week 3: Rebound XT - 1 cap a day, RYR w/Coq10 - 2 caps a day

Here is a great thread by CEDeoudes59 at Anabolic Minds showing pre/post cycle bloodwork and how he restored his values back to normal.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27946&highlight=lipid+superdrol

The Cycle
The first week I did not notice much except for a weight increase. After the first week I weighed 178 lbs. I did not alter my calories at all during this cycle, as I wanted to continue to lose body fat. The second week the effects were much more profound. My strength was increasing tremendously and I set personal records on every exercise. At the end of the 2nd week I weighed 181 lbs. The third week strength increased slightly and I ended off the cycle weighing 182.5 lbs. So total I gained ~6 lbs on the cycle, but also keep in mind I was below maintenance calories, so I was losing bodyfat while gaining this weight. Had I not been under maint calories I think I would have gained around 10-12 lbs total.

Lifts before
DB bench: 90 x 8
Arnold Press: 60 x 8
DB Curls: 50 x 8
Seated Rows: 130 x 8
Squats: 195 x 12
Bent Over Rows: 225 x 8
Pull Ups: 6 (w/45 lbs)

Lifts after
DB bench: 100 x 8
Arnold Press: 70 x 8
DB Curls: 55 x 8
Seated Rows: 150 x 10
Squats: 225 x 12
Bent Over Rows: 275 x 6
Pull Ups: 7 (w/45 lbs)

These lifts may seem low for someone with my experience, but Bobo has me doing Time Under Tension training which consists of very slow positive/negative motions. The increased weight is very significant!

Side Effects
The side effects I noticed were minimal.

Water Retention - It is true that this is a very dry compound, especially when compared to m1t. However I noticed that when I ate my scheduled, once a week cheat meal (usually with a good amount of fat/carbs) I retained a lot of water which would go away 3-4 days afterwards.

Dry Joints - My joints felt dry and ached some (especially the 3rd week) but this did not have any negative effects on my workouts.

Lower Back Cramping - I did not notice lower back cramping until the my very last leg day exercise while doing squats. The cramps were not too bad, and subsided after 3-4 minutes of rest. I assume it was because I increased the dosage to 30mg.

Libido - My libido was increased while on cycle and I did notice some test shrinkage but nothing out of the ordinary. Some nights I had trouble getting to sleep, but it is impossible to say whether or not this was caused by the SD.

Other - I did not experience any lethargy on cycle nor did I experience any increase in acne.

After the Cycle
I'm on my 4th day of PCT now and I just weighed in at 181 lbs. Strength is still the same so far. It's hard to gauge how much of the gains I will keep because it is still early on so I will try to update this thread again 2-3 weeks down the road.

Conclusion
Overall I'd say this is the best cycle I have done to date. Will I be doing another SD cycle in the future? Probably Not. If I do it will be a very long time from now. The bloodwork results from people suggest that this compound is very hard on your body, so I think I will be taking it easy for a awhile.

bigman420

Awards
as long as your pct goes well and you restore your lipids, your body should be fine for another cycle...id say take 4-8 weeks off after pct and then go for another cycle

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
I have no desire to do another cycle. I am pleased with my gains thus far and will continue to make gains with the help of Bobo.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just curious....182 - 9 (3lb x 3 weeks) = 173, not 176. you lean body mass is the same @ 182 & 11% and 176 @ 8%, so it is POSSIBLE that you lost only fat during that cutting period...though i do not think you lost any BF% during SD.

anyway, got pics? 3% drop into single digits is usally very noticeable.

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
Keep in mind those bf% are estimates... I know I lost fat during from the SD from looking in the mirror. There is a VERY significant difference in the way I look. Sorry don't have any pictures.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind those bf% are estimates... I know I lost fat during from the SD from looking in the mirror. There is a VERY significant difference in the way I look. Sorry don't have any pictures.
so, you think you are sub-8% now?

i know that BF% is to be taken with a grain of salt. did you do multi-point caliper tests, or just one location?

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
I understand there are inaccuracies with bf measurements. I did not take measurements, I am using the mirror as my judge. Without flexing all my abs are visible as are striations in my legs/arms/shoulders. There is hardly any fat for me to "pinch" on my entire body.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand there are inaccuracies with bf measurements. I did not take measurements, I am using the mirror as my judge. Without flexing all my abs are visible as are striations in my legs/arms/shoulders. There is hardly any fat for me to "pinch" on my entire body.
you didnt take ANY measurements? without them or pics to support your claims, why even bother? perception of body composition is so subjective...especially on SD, which does all kinds of wacky things.

dont mean to bust on your log, but a person HAS to take your log with an additional sack of salt.

either way, congrats on "appearing" leaner...bobo, despite his name, doesnt clown around.

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't have a digital camera to post pictures with and no bodyfat calipers. So I must be lying! I guess my "perception" of body composition must be completely off too since I did a cycle of SD.

How can I argue with that kind of logic?? :blink:

you didnt take ANY measurements? without them or pics to support your claims, why even bother? perception of body composition is so subjective...especially on SD, which does all kinds of wacky things.

dont mean to bust on your log, but a person HAS to take your log with an additional sack of salt.

either way, congrats on "appearing" leaner...bobo doesnt mess around apparently.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't have a digital camera to post pictures with and no bodyfat calipers. So I must be lying! I guess my "perception" of body composition must be completely off too since I did a cycle of SD.

How can I argue with that kind of logic?? :blink:
i never said you were lying bro, just that "impressions" and "measurements" are often not the same, and anyone reading the log should be aware of the (in this case, rather large) margin of error in the BF% numbers.

still, you look lean bro - good frame, well balanced. i'd have put you at 10% in those pics, maybe even 9%.