question about PCT and calories

krysuk

Awards
I have a week left of my superdrol before I start PCT
I have all the supplements down I'm going to take and have a load of research on that side of things.
I have searched and searched but all the PCT threads talk about what to take - not what to eat/ how to train

Currently I'm eating about 1000 calories above maintenance while on and gaining really well
As I understand it I need to keep my calories high and drop the intensity I train a little while going through PCT

I'm going to use rebound XT and also Lean Extreme for PCT, my question is how high do I need to keep my calories - surely not the full 1000 more? I want to try and keep the muscle but not put on any more fat!!

Also when I drop the intensity - that means not cramming as much into my hours weights - but lifting the same weight? thats what I did after my last MOHN cycle and kept all the strength

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
For your first question... when I did my SD cycle I gained 11 pounds in 3 weeks with a marginal increased in calories (probably about 500 extra a day). I have kept my diet exactly the same so far into PCT, just starting day 3 now. So far I haven't lost any weight that I gained.

For the next question... my strength is still going UP in my PCT. I'm not sure how long this will continue but I'm going to keep pushing it throughout PCT. Still keeping my routines around an hour or a bit less, though.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I have a week left of my superdrol before I start PCT
I have all the supplements down I'm going to take and have a load of research on that side of things.
I have searched and searched but all the PCT threads talk about what to take - not what to eat/ how to train

Currently I'm eating about 1000 calories above maintenance while on and gaining really well
As I understand it I need to keep my calories high and drop the intensity I train a little while going through PCT

I'm going to use rebound XT and also Lean Extreme for PCT, my question is how high do I need to keep my calories - surely not the full 1000 more? I want to try and keep the muscle but not put on any more fat!!

Also when I drop the intensity - that means not cramming as much into my hours weights - but lifting the same weight? thats what I did after my last MOHN cycle and kept all the strength

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Keep your cals the same for about 3 or 4 days into PCT. The effects of SD linger for a few days after stopping it. As you drop calories, do it in increments. 250 to 300 or so every 4 or 5 days. Keep an eye on how you look and feel. By the time your done with PCT, you should be at Maintenance cals.That's how I would do it anyway.

As for training, Decrease the total volume some and adjust the weights according to how you feel.I would still try to keep intensity relatively high. The goal here is to maintain.Give your joints and nervous system a break. Your body will thank you for it.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
...adjust the weights according to how you feel.
This and everything else he said is great advice.
The way my body works, it helps for me to take a week off my first week of
PCT. And I keep my cals the same. But I don't cram in mega cals either on a bulk.
The next week, I start back with the same intensity, but cut maybe a set or 2 from each exercise.
On week 4 (depending on how I feel), I add everything back in again and that usually works out fine for me.
Cardio on off days is very beneficial as well.

krysuk

Awards
thanks guys - thats helped me a lot :cheers:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm a hard gainer so I'll throw in my routine for everyone.
I eat more calories on pct than on and slowly taper them down slightly over 4wks.
I take off the first week then the second week I do lights weights then increase the weights and intensity the next 2 wks till I'm back to normal. I still end up losing some weight doing this but it seems to work the best for me. Shut down is rough for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Olympus Labs 19
Jbtwentytwo Supplements 2
35 and Older 2
Anabolics 7
Post Cycle Therapy 6