My buddy lost weight and wants to do a cycle

2HOT2GETSHOT

2HOT2GETSHOT

Banned
Awards
So my buddy was over 300 pounds and lost a lot of weight and is now 190 and has a lot of loose skin.

He wants to jump on a cycle and build up some muscle..

I guess I am just looking for opinions on if its worth doing a cycle with loose skin from being obese?

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
I was overweight my entire life and dropped about a 100 lb and 12 inches around my waist. Sounds like your friend is coming from a little bit larger area than I was as I maxed out at about 280 lb and got through 180.

I trained and ate clean for 3 years and just recently started looking into prohormones and things like that. So he'd better just put in some serious training time before jumping right on anabolics.

As far as your actual question, realistically it's all just Aesthetics. Regardless of that, he would still build muscle at an accelerated rate. It might not look as crazy compared to a skinny guy on cycle putting on muscle of course, but it's not like it wouldn't work.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was overweight my entire life and dropped about a 100 lb and 12 inches around my waist. Sounds like your friend is coming from a little bit larger area than I was as I maxed out at about 280 lb and got through 180.

I trained and ate clean for 3 years and just recently started looking into prohormones and things like that. So he'd better just put in some serious training time before jumping right on anabolics.

As far as your actual question, realistically it's all just Aesthetics. Regardless of that, he would still build muscle at an accelerated rate. It might not look as crazy compared to a skinny guy on cycle putting on muscle of course, but it's not like it wouldn't work.
Solid advice; definitely agree with sticking to proper diet and nutrition as a natural for a while before considering the sauce

2HOT2GETSHOT

2HOT2GETSHOT

Banned
Awards

Alright thanks a lot for your input and congratz on your body transformation!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man.

At this point your buddy has tons of newbie gains to make for the first solid 2 years.

Eat right, train hard, reap the benefits.

If he starts off on anabolics, he'll never want to get off because he won't know the struggle with his own limitations.

2HOT2GETSHOT

2HOT2GETSHOT

Banned
Awards
Thanks man.

At this point your buddy has tons of newbie gains to make for the first solid 2 years.

Eat right, train hard, reap the benefits.

If he starts off on anabolics, he'll never want to get off because he won't know the struggle with his own limitations.
This is very true! I see a lot of guys who start off with cycles and then after the cycle is over they don't even wanna lift without it. So they just end up losing all the gains.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
When you say loose skin. Is it like surgery requiring skin or just a little saggy?

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand his draw to do a cycle. That said, one should learn proper training, discipline, nutrition first. Jumping right to cycle is like learning to run before you can crawl. Lack of basics would haunt him down the road... my .02