Doc said I don't need to run a pct...?

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Currently on prescribed TRT. It was a temporary phase as we figured out my dilemma of why my test was so low (oddly low test levels for my age). I asked him if I'd have to run more medications (pct) after we take me off the TRT (100mgs of compound cream a day). And he said no. He said just let your body adjust on its own after a couple weeks. My LH is super low due to the TRT, but I even asked about any negative side effects like estrogen or increasing my LH after I come off and he said just to let it rebound by itself and that I'd have no probs with estrogen. Is this true, and does this sound appropriate for the situation? I know he's a doctor (endocrine), but to be honest, doctors are hard to trust with some things now a days. Thank you!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im not sure how we can answer this for you.

We dont know what your hormonal landscape was prior to the trt trial; was lh in range then? FSH? Were you secondary?

We dont know what was/is causing your low test, and so cant predict if a PCT would be even helpful for you, and if it would be, to what extent.

I mean, it should be apparent why non-clinical bros do PCTs, so this decision has to be entirely up to you. You and your endo are the only two people who know all the relevant personal information to decide.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Technically you don't need it but it would definitely make things a bit easier.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Part of me does think fuk it, runnning a SERM is a reasonable option here, if it doesnt kick you back up running so what? Nothing lost, and everything to gain.

But...theres a question mark over the unspecified "condition" which lead to trying trt in the first place. What if you run Clomid, and you get none of the benefits but all of the negatives? Now youre stuck with trying to deal with crappy estrogenic sides PLUS youre still no better off due to your initial "condition".

Seems like this one isnt so straight forward.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your doctor is an a$$hole bro. That's really fukced up. You should ask him straight up, "hey doc, have you ever personally experienced htpa disruption for yourself?"
As noted, it's true, it most likely will, but it'll take longer, and you'll probably have issues from low test, high estrogen.
And that's assuming you aren't a freak accident and your htpa disruption isn't permanent.

What's the solution for your low test?

Reactions: Nac
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe this can't be answered until you know the solution, but how would being put on exogenous test help them to diagnose the issue?

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Maybe this can't be answered until you know the solution, but how would being put on exogenous test help them to diagnose the issue?
Because the side effects of low test were absolutely horrible and I couldn't go a day without feeling like crap. Yeah it sucks that was the only solution, but it was necessary at the time.

As far as why I have low test,my mother has auto immune and pituitary issues, and we MRI'd my pituitary and my lh levels were fine, but for some reason my hypothalamus wasn't responding with my pituitary to produce testosterone.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I am no doctor or PED expert but from what I keep reading on the internet and a few college physiology classes. I can tell you that there's no way drugs do not come without a rebound phase and in order to smoothly ride through it at least a natty test booster and OTC PCT would be better than nothing. Even some people take weaker things than TRT and still take OTC PCT. Check out this product:
Kings Blood:
https://olympus-labs.com/product/k1ngs-blood/

Some people even take it as a standalone. I would suggest at least this and the many bros on this forum will go to the extent to say you need a SERM although I am not an expert in that you'll have to ask around for advice on that.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like he wants your body to figure it out with the help of a PCT style protocol....

Not exactly sure why he would recommend that....not sure if I agree...but maybe if you come with a little more literature(try to find some recent double blind placebo controlled research if possible) he may be open to not having you go cold turkey like that with a little more discussion

Sometimes doctors give you the plan without really elaborating why to not bog you down with a lot of medical jargon. Do some research so you can have a more in depth convo(Or at least demonstrate that you want the whoel explanation). But given he is the only one who has the whole picture, it may be worth not jumping the gun. Anyway pharma grade PCT would be leagues better then what you can get otherwise so it may be worth trying that route.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your doctor is stupid; your levels will slowly come back, but I highly doubt they will be where they were prior to trt, even with a serm

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I would get a new endo, bro. This guy is either an idiot or 80 years old and behind times. Depending how long you've been on it, either clomiphene or even hCG is appropriate. You may need to see a doc who specializes in HRT instead of just a regular endo.