Can steriods & gaining weight really fast screw up your limbs or legimates?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

Can steriods & gaining weight really fast screw up your limbs or legimates?

I was wondering if taking steriods and gaining alot of weight really fast could screw up your limbs, or legimates? Because i don't remember where i read it but it said when you but on that much weight so fast can put an overload on your limbs and legimates? Is this true? and if so what can you do to help your body to deal with it? By stretching or doing or yoda or something?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

legimates????????

Ligaments would be the correct word selection.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

so do you know anything or you just here to correct my grammar? and never the less you still knew what i was talking about
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.34%

by adding muscle and weight on too fast can create problems especially during workouts. Basically your muscles will over power your ligaments because your ligaments cannot keep up with the sudden increase in strength. Probably the best way to help this is by taking time off a cycle so the ligaments have time to catch up. Also deca is pretty popular during a cycle when dealing with these issues. I"m probably not much help. But isn't my kitty avatar cool? lol meow!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.05%

One of the main reasons you want to have a good natural base is so that your tendons are ready for aas use. With all the strength gains you make while on cycle, your tendons are stressed as they take longer to grow than the muscle. With a few years of training under your belt, your tendons are strong and can take the increase in strength (to an extent). Im not sure what you mean by limbs? You would more than likely be gaining strength in your legs an arms, not just your core body.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.77%

Might want to try some adequan or better yet gh
  7. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by slayr98
    I was wondering if taking steriods and gaining alot of weight really fast could screw up your limbs, or legimates? Because i don't remember where i read it but it said when you but on that much weight so fast can put an overload on your limbs and legimates? Is this true? and if so what can you do to help your body to deal with it? By stretching or doing or yoda or something?
    so do you know anything or you just here to correct my grammar? and never the less you still knew what i was talking about
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BigBody

growth at his age more than likely would not have much effect unless it was at very high dosage and then the cost of if would NOT be effective...

Along note, if you are asking about GEAR/AAS please put the questions in the correct forum, I am moving this one to the anabolics forum now..
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.66%

Quote Originally Posted by size
    legimates????????

Ligaments would be the correct word selection.
    What he meant to say is that he is an Illegitimate son

Yes, there is an issue where tendon strength increase is not equal to the rate of muscular strength increase that AAS use constitutes. I have read where muscular mass increases too rapidly for tendon strength to increase proportionatly thus resulting in damage where too much wieght is suddenly used that the underlying tendon cannot support.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%

Going from 160-170lbs. to my current 265, my tendons are fooking wasted. My arm work has totally taken a hit from it too. I'll get this flare up in my wrist and I'll have to not do any arm work for 3-4 weeks. Then by the time I get back to it, I'll get to where I was at previously and then the **** hits the fan again...quite annoying.

I wish (in a way) that I would've waited to put on this much mass and do it a lot slower. My ****ed up tendons along with my obscene amount of stretch marks would make anybody rethink their goals, or rather their rate of achieving their goals.
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

I don't know if doing a little green thing from star wars will help with your ligaments or not.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

Joking aside dude, Bump to methyl1's post. IMO also warmups, proper form, strecthing etc. help with certain things but with ligaments time and consistent training are most important. I would say that good breaks between cycles not only help get your chol./lipids back to normal, liver cleansed, but also give ligaments time to catch up to your newly acquired muscle strength.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.66%

Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    I don't know if doing a little green thing from star wars will help with your ligaments or not.
    Yes it does, the magical properties strengthen the tendons in your jock and thus radiate upwards through your shaft and into your Muskels
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

Than please tell me where I can find Yoda
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.66%

Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    Than please tell me where I can find Yoda
    Yoda's at the crib and he's about to be stretched out like a hide of leather ready to be cured in the desert sun.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.34%

LOL
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

You should not be using AAS if you are this confused about elementary mammalian anatomy and physiology.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.29%

Quote Originally Posted by size
    You should not be using AAS if you are this confused about elementary mammalian anatomy and physiology.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.85%

hahahahaha i wish i could have sex with yoda
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I tried that Yoda exercise, but he just wouldnt fit up there without a friends help. Oh well guess I wasn't cut out for the force.
  21. the triumph of the grill
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.78%

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    I tried that Yoda exercise, but he just wouldnt fit up there without a friends help. Oh well guess I wasn't cut out for the force.
    Dude, you gotta PUSH! Why do you think they call it the FORCE?

-kwantam
  22. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.87%

Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    Going from 160-170lbs. to my current 265, my tendons are fooking wasted. My arm work has totally taken a hit from it too. I'll get this flare up in my wrist and I'll have to not do any arm work for 3-4 weeks. Then by the time I get back to it, I'll get to where I was at previously and then the **** hits the fan again...quite annoying.

I wish (in a way) that I would've waited to put on this much mass and do it a lot slower. My ****ed up tendons along with my obscene amount of stretch marks would make anybody rethink their goals, or rather their rate of achieving their goals.
    Lifted,

In what sort of time period did you go from 170 to 265? Also, approximately what was the strength gain in that time of period as well?
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%

About 4-4.5 years(consistently+diet). Although I've always worked out and played sports in high school. I've had to forcefeed myself for about the past year and a half since I have such a high metabolism. If I don't eat close to 6500 cals/day when I'm trying to put on mass, I lose my ,muscle QUICKLY!! Honestly, if I miss just one meal I notice it the next day. So it's no easy. Most days don't go buy w/ me vomiting at least once either...sickening, I know, but that's what I have to do to maintane/gain muscle.

When I started training consistently I was around 19, diet wasn't in check though until a year or two into it.

When I started training @ 165lbs. or so, my 1rep max bench press was around 225lbs...lol. At the moment, I'm thinking it's more like 400lbs. or so. Though the last time I checked was some time ago and I was able to get 365 1.5 times. I've added about 20lbs. LBM since then. Don't do squats anymore, so I can't give a reference. Deadlifts went from 200lbs. to 585 one time....maybe less a little now though due to a strained hammy. Deads are my fav. excercise.

Also mind you, I started running AAS when I was 21. But I waited till I was about 190lbs before I ran my first ph cycle. Since then, I've run MANY cycles. Probably about 9 or so within the last few years. Cycles (aas) consisted mostly of test/dbol. Ph's were 1AD/4AD/1test/m1,4diol, etc..
  24. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.85%

Avoiding compounds that are known to be crappy on the joints might be one suggestion. Use of joint protective steroids another.

Personally, I have switched to quite a bit of Hammer Strength work and my joints a lot better. Often it is the mechanical movement and not the amount of weight.
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    Avoiding compounds that are known to be crappy on the joints might be one suggestion. Use of joint protective steroids another.

Personally, I have switched to quite a bit of Hammer Strength work and my joints a lot better. Often it is the mechanical movement and not the amount of weight.
    Those hammer machines have been catching my eye lately. I've never really used them before except for lat raises which I loved. How do you like the chest and delt workouts with them? And do you have any idea where I could find a cheap one on a website or anything?? I've been wanting to buy one to add to my home gym.
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.29%

The hammer press machines are even harder on my shoulders than free weights, but thats me...
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D

growth at his age more than likely would not have much effect unless it was at very high dosage and then the cost of if would NOT be effective...

Along note, if you are asking about GEAR/AAS please put the questions in the correct forum, I am moving this one to the anabolics forum now..
    I apologize I had no idea how old he was. How old are you anyway bro? I know these questions can be annoying but they are in your best interest.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mdrol to gain weight...need help fast.
    By sprtsfrk17 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 08:36 PM
  2. Can't gain weight
    By soccerkid10 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 10:46 AM
  3. How can I Gain Weight
    By bubba1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
  4. Gaining weight too fast?