Dbol while on TRT

AhoyMatey

Awards
Hi.

I know that dbol should always be run with test and an Ai. But I can't find any info on running it while on trt doses of test only. I want to run a 4 week dbol cycle with androgel and arimedix 1mg eod. Would this work and be safe?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi.

I know that dbol should always be run with test and an Ai. But I can't find any info on running it while on trt doses of test only. I want to run a 4 week dbol cycle with androgel and arimedix 1mg eod. Would this work and be safe?
Discuss this with your endo or try it. Everyone has different sides to dbol.

AhoyMatey

Awards
Discuss this with your endo or try it. Everyone has different sides to dbol.
Do you think I should run any kind of PCT? or just keep using the androgel after I drop the dbol and AI?

canarmy

Awards
If you plan on staying on trt then their is no need for pct, just continue the trt as usual once you finish the dbol.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Most importantly, what is your TRT dose?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TRT at 200mg or so (if that's what you have) is a fine test base for dbol. Use exemestane and you should be good to go. This isn't complicated or risky at all. It's about as basic as it gets lol.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe the dosage may be incorrect.

Most gel based TD test products are usually in the neighborhood of 100mg per day.

AhoyMatey

Awards
Guys ..... I'm looking at the packaging right now. It CLEARLY says Androgel 5.0g. This is a fairly common TRT product.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
TRT at 200mg or so (if that's what you have) is a fine test base for dbol. Use exemestane and you should be good to go. This isn't complicated or risky at all. It's about as basic as it gets lol.
Actually estrogen crash on trt can be pretty bad. Usually it's an as needed thing. Otherwise he could have libido issues, joint issues or a sudden spike when /if he comes off.

If you're running an ai year round you're asking for trouble.

AhoyMatey

Awards
Actually estrogen crash on trt can be pretty bad. Usually it's an as needed thing. Otherwise he could have libido issues, joint issues or a sudden spike when /if he comes off.

I'm not running AI year round. Are you saying that coming off the dbol while on TRT could cause my estrogen to spike? This is what i was worried about/couldnt figure out. Should I run AI for a week after coming off .... or taper down AI or something? I can't find any protocols for dbol while on TRT so I'm not sure how to go about it.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

No one here is talking about running an AI year round.

For TRT use with an oral i would dose as needed (see: sparingly) and taper properly, it's not that hard to do.

AhoyMatey

Awards
No one here is talking about running an AI year round.

For TRT use with an oral i would dose as needed (see: sparingly) and taper properly, it's not that hard to do.
So i should taper off the AI after i discontinue the dbol?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hold on it was late and i wasn't thinking.

iirc for transdermal androgel we see +/- 10% absorption? So this dose is likely putting him (granted we don't have his pre bloods) in normal ranges.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would use the AI if you notice estrogen sides.

Test@ whatever /week
Dbol at 10 to 50 per day ( split am pm)/week for 4to 6 weeks
Use the AI as needed but please have it on hand.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only use the AI if you start to see estrogen sides, don't just use it from day 1. Use a low dose and taper down after your last dose of dbol. We really aren't worried about gyno here so the main focus is not to crush estrogen.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guys ..... I'm looking at the packaging right now. It CLEARLY says Androgel 5.0g. This is a fairly common TRT product.
Yes, that is correct. However, not all 5 grams are testosterone. Most of the weight is in the carrier. The package should also indicate Androgel strength, and I'll guess it is either 1% or 1.62% (although you can get other concentrations, those are usually compounded products). If your Androgel is 1%, a 5 gram application provides 50 mg of test. If it is 1.62%, a 5 gram application would be 81 mg of test.

It should provide this information on the packaging. This information is also available on the Androgel website as well as many other websites.

https://www.androgelpro.com/understanding-the-differences

So, a 5 gram does at 1.62% is 81 mg of test, not 5 grams of test.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, that is correct. However, not all 5 grams are testosterone. Most of the weight is in the carrier. The package should also indicate Androgel strength, and I'll guess it is either 1% or 1.62% (although you can get other concentrations, those are usually compounded products). If your Androgel is 1%, a 5 gram application provides 50 mg of test. If it is 1.62%, a 5 gram application would be 81 mg of test.

It should provide this information on the packaging. This information is also available on the Androgel website as well as many other websites.

https://www.androgelpro.com/understanding-the-differences

So, a 5 gram does at 1.62% is 81 mg of test, not 5 grams of test.
Correct. However we need to know the absorption rate which last i read in to it was roughly 10%. I don't know if 1.62% version came with a better carrier to improve availability? He's not getting 81mg per day totaled to 567mg test/wk. No dr would prescribe that (unless you got that hookup nomsayin).

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Correct. However we need to know the absorption rate which last i read in to it was roughly 10%. I don't know if 1.62% version came with a better carrier to improve availability? He's not getting 81mg per day totaled to 567mg test/wk. No dr would prescribe that (unless you got that hookup nomsayin).
That is correct - I was referring to the amount of test compounded into the gel, not the net effective dose after absorption. So, 81 mg is available for absorption.

I have heard TD absorption rates estimated at 30% (the following link includes a statement saying "which implies an absorption efficiency of anywhere from 50% to as low as 6%"), but I cannot say I know that to be true (I am sure there are many studies available, but I've not looked). Absorption can also vary depending on application site and skin prep (and if an additional penetration enhancer is used).

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405823_4

Many studies suggest that you can increase efficacy of TD applications by applying a moisturizer to the application site after the product has dried (the studies I have read indicate an additional increase of approx. 15%)

Here is an example: http://defymedical.com/resources/health-articles/306-factors-that-can-improve-testosterone-gel-absorption

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad that's cleared up, I was about to load up on androgel

Willskinny

Awards
I was on androgen for 2 years. The 1.62 strength 2 pumps a day. That stuff is a joke, my total T levels 248 when I finally switched to cyp. My dr even told me I could try 4 pumps a day. I have read that 1 pump has about 80 mg of test in it but hardly any of it gets in your system