Is a Male's Natural Testosterone Level sufficient for building quality muscle mass?

Methyl1

Awards
Hi Guys,

I just had a few questions regarding the male's natural testosterone production and its levels. Does a Male produce enough testosterone to build great mass and strength gains naturally? Does the testosterone that the body produces on its own aromatise to estrogen as well and would Anti Estrogens normally reserved for PCT on AAS be beneficial for natural bodybuilder?

Thanks

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Yes. It can, but only usually problematic during puberty. In most cases no, though a few like rebound xt etc. claim yes..and may have some merit.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I know a few insanely jacked and strong people that I am 100% sure are natty. But they are also ~40 and had been lifting RELIGIOUSLY since their mid teens.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I dont't no who is the person in your atavar methy, but he is DEAD sexy.

Methyl1

Awards
I dont't no who is the person in your atavar methy, but he is DEAD sexy.
Yeah he is aint he? Look at gorgeous black mane that shimmers in the light, that perfectly cropped beard and those beautiful brown eyes that if you were to take one look at him, you would know right then and there that this man will give you a rim job and ask for seconds :)

ryanbodybuilder

Awards
  • Established
goddamn methyl1 your a frickin jerky.....sick nasty mang

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
I just don't know how AM made it through all these years WITHOUT Methyl1.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he is aint he? Look at gorgeous black mane that shimmers in the light, that perfectly cropped beard and those beautiful brown eyes that if you were to take one look at him, you would know right then and there that this man will give you a rim job and ask for seconds :)
Dude- you make some weird comments. (particulary the last line.)

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
LOL, did the mods take away your ability to have an avatar methyl1? :D

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Methyl1 - Back to your original question.

Even those with average genetics shouldn't have any problem gaining and maintaining 20-30 pounds the first 3 years of training. After that, however, it becomes increasingly difficult. Training has to become more advanced and diet has to be perfect. Even the genetically average *can* continue to gain another 5-10 pounds per year after their initial 3 year period if they have all the variables in order.

AAS allows things that naturals could never accomplish. Among the most notable, chronically elevated levels of anabolic hormones, (where a natural would have pulses patterned at different times throughout the day). Protein synthesis is speed up to a rate beyond normal human levels. Also, AAS provide much higher levels of muscle glycogen and creatine.

It's common advice to tell new lifters to wait a few years before using chemical assistance. This is good advice for a lot of reasons. Your gains the first few years of consistent lifting will come almost as fast as if you used drugs. Also, it's safer to get a few years of lifting under you to condition your joint tissue. If your strength gains come too fast you will get injured. Soft tissue injuries are the worst. You're better off breaking bones because tendons and ligaments almost never heal quite right.

The answer to your original question is yes, (dependant on how you define quality muscle of course). A male's testosterone is sufficient if you're dedicated.

coofoostu

Awards
Of couse a person can build sufficient muscle naturally, unless they have some type of disease. If a person could not, then mankind would have been eliminated via natural selection a long time ago.

Methyl1

Awards
Wow, thanks for the info guys. Good stuff to know, I can see now why they say to wait a few years before hardcore AAS use, to let your body hit its own natural plateau and develop tendon and ligament strength to compensate for the increased muscle strength at an equal and parallel rate. What is the optimal testosterone level for a male, i see the numbers from 400 and up.