Training off cycle

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, i really wasnt sure if i should post this on training or anabolics forum, anyways i wanted to ask about training off cycle i have done one cycle in the past and plan on my second, lets say they are a year apart, during this time should i train like a natural and all natural philosophies apply to me or should i train splits and all the steroid users ways? I did hear that once steroid even if once enter the body the nucleus or micorvili something like that expands in the cells which means the advantage is always there not as much as on cycle of course but u know what i mean, because my natural way of training would be full body 3x a week but on cycle splits is better, what do u guys think?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd say fbw is better on cycle since recovery time is shortened, but we don't have any studies to really prove this since the gov doesn't like you injecting people with stuff in the name of science

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just train every muscle group twice a week like i always do, but usually increase my volume

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
I would train each muscle group separately.. regardless of if you are on cycle or not. That way allows you to focus more one each muscle group and build mass and lean muscle which will only give you even better results once you start your second cycle.. drop the full body routine.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, to recap:

One guy says fullbody.
One guy says each bodypart twice per week.
One guy says each muscle group seperately.

Cliffs for OP: there is no cookie cutter "this is the best way!!" Maybe a really general starting point would be, whatever you find works (allows progression) off-cycle, will probably also do the same for you on-cycle. Surely you know what does it for you when not taking drugs?

But, as with seckshual positions, it can be fun and productive to experiment.

lstatum1s

Awards
So, to recap:

One guy says fullbody.

Cliffs for OP: there is no cookie cutter "this is the best way!!" Maybe a really general starting point would be, whatever you find works (allows progression) off-cycle, will probably also do the same for you on-cycle. Surely you know what does it for you when not taking drugs?

^^Lol this. Everyone is different, if something isn't working well for you then switch it up until it does work. Weight, sets, reps, etc.

JoeStethics

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well i have been following a split for almost all my training time, and i was hearing about full body being the best for naturals(i considered off cycle as natural)
maybe ill go a split with full body on saturdays what u guys think?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well i have been following a split for almost all my training time, and i was hearing about full body being the best for naturals(i considered off cycle as natural)
maybe ill go a split with full body on saturdays what u guys think?
The concept of there being a best type of protocol for a certain type of trainee is bollocks. Youre a certain type of trainee, who the fuk knows what type of variables will tick all your boxes.

The bummer thing, and cool thing, is that you just have to try different protocols out. Maybe something stereoptypical will be productive, or maybe something that goes against the grain. Eventually youll discern a pattern to what works well, and youll be able to design your own programming specific to you.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, to recap:

One guy says fullbody.

I said "like i always do" im my post though ;)

Reactions: Nac