Electrolyte Management

noctorum

Banned
Awards
While on a DNP cycle I will be drinking in excess of 2 gallons of water. To make sure I have adequate electrolytes, I'll of course be consuming V8. It has 950mg of potassium. How much should I be drinking daily?

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
for electrolyte balance, a simple, cheap way to go is what red cross workers use in the field to rehydrate people when IV's, etc. aren't available

1 Liter boiling water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt

let cool

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget to take magnesium too, and glycerol(AKA glycerin) is often the recommended "sugar" for rehydration when on DNP

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
i use dextrose, but any cane sugar should do the job fine. it's not real important
I agree, even table sucrose or a fructose blend, I just advocated glycerin because it hydrates without heating. Simple sug's cause major body heating on DNP. Drink 1.5-2gals water/day or more if you can. Your not in the bathroom as much as you might thing, you just sweat it out mostly.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
I'm having trouble finding glycerin in supplemental form. Any brands specifically that carry it?

And I always thought glycerin was a liquid, how would that convert into how much to add to the water?

noctorum

Banned
Awards
So..

1 Liter boiling water
50ml glycerin
1 tsp salt

thanks for the help :)