Testoserone Therapy

123Sammer

Awards
I've been on Testosterone therapy for about 9 weeks now, injections 1/2 cc weekly. My Testosterone level was around 100, in the basement, now its in the high 600s. My sex drive was always good even at 100 but I've noticed lately that my energy and sex drive has tanked along with my ability to stay solid. So my question is why? Any ideas as to why this is happening? I am 56 but in pretty good health worked out my whole life, physical job,etc. I am contemplating increasing my dosage to 1- 1 1/2 cc per week. Also there is unusual swelling in my calves, feet, ankles. I have had multiple blood work done nothing stands out. Does this have anything to do with Estrogen levels?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just noticed you've had blood work done. What's your estrogen and prolactin?

JBoneke

Awards
100mg in 1 shot may be the problem.
Maybe 60mg every 4 days or 70 every 5 days would be better. Both options are right around 100mg/week.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
hi
im in the UK on trt with Nebido every 11 weeks .Ive had a blood test to check the level at the end of 11weeks and its 21 , range 10-30 nmol/LThe doc is happy with that , however estrogen has never been measured.all the time ive been on trt , over 5 years My question is , is estrogen accumlative, does it take longer to decline than test

thanks

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your estradiol level?

Randallk21

Awards
hi
im in the UK on trt with Nebido every 11 weeks .Ive had a blood test to check the level at the end of 11weeks and its 21 , range 10-30 nmol/LThe doc is happy with that , however estrogen has never been measured.all the time ive been on trt , over 5 years My question is , is estrogen accumlative, does it take longer to decline than test

thanks
On 200mg of test a week my estrogen went from 52 after three months of taking to 91 at 6 months. It's definitely accumulative. For me an AI was a must

JBoneke

Awards
hi

thanks
Seems like it takes forever. I've lowered my amount per dose and it took 2 months til I felt good. Doing that again right now. Feel like crap. Wish I could flush this crap out quicker.
Idk, is the best way to just skip a couple injections?

123Sammer

Awards
I'm new to all of this Woody, so you'll have to excuse me for asking possible stupid questions like ,What is AL? Aldosterone? I'm currently taking 1/2 cc of Testosterone Cypionate injection per week that's it. Now they have found a small growth on my Pituitary Gland and also a small growth on my Adrenal Gland, that showed up on Ct scans. Both can be causing different symptoms, neither cancerous. I'm getting more blood work done in the next three days including Prolactin, Aldosterone, levels I believe.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm new to all of this Woody, so you'll have to excuse me for asking possible stupid questions like ,What is AL? Aldosterone? I'm currently taking 1/2 cc of Testosterone Cypionate injection per week that's it. Now they have found a small growth on my Pituitary Gland and also a small growth on my Adrenal Gland, that showed up on Ct scans. Both can be causing different symptoms, neither cancerous. I'm getting more blood work done in the next three days including Prolactin, Aldosterone, levels I believe.
AI - Aromatase Inhibitor. Testosterone and other steroids "aromatize" into estrogen (estradiol (E2)). As part of a TRT protocol your doctor should be monitoring your estradiol blood level. If it climbs too high your doctor may prescribe an AI like Arimidex (Anastrozole).