sd sides help!!

dess

Awards
i'm on my second week of sd and for the last 3 days i've had a headache and neck ache. i am not sure if it is from sd, but i've never had this be4 for this long. i can deal with a head ache but the neck ache is killing me. i was wondering that if this mite be like the back pumps ppl complain about while on sd and i'm just getting it in my neck, because i was in the gym 3day and i did 2 sets of shoulder presses and after that the pain was so unbearable in my neck that i had to leave. i recnetly upped my dose to 20 mg i'm going to drop back down to 10mg. i just started taking tauring and am going to got get some bananas i've heard the potassium help with the back pumps. is this possible for me to be getting the pump in my neck instead of my back. and wat else could i do to alleviate this. i know celery seed extract helps with bp would that help with the pumps from pain. and one more thing, its not good to take tyenol while on a methyl rite?

thanx

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
hawthorne(sp) berry should have been on hand before the cycle. the headache is most deffinately elevated BP. though it takes about a week to kick in and actually work.

yes taurine would help wiht the pumps a lot, btw.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Bump to the Hawthorn Berry. You may also want to check out Celery Seed extract which can be used in combination with the HB and is purported by some to be faster acting initially.

And yes, the pump can occur in different places. I had my first experience with it today and it actually came up in my lower abdominal area.

My lack of the "pump effect" until now might be related to my consumption of 2 very large bananas every day, so that would be a good place for you to start looking for a solution. As would the taurine mentioned in the above post.

Good luck to you!

NJLovehandles

Awards
headache and dull pain in neck means you could be dehydrated, LOTS of water, Especially on this compound.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whatever you do don't take tylenol for your pain, it is very abusive to the liver. I took 5-10 grams per day of taurine during my 3 weeks of SD and never got constant or painful pumps, even when lifting.

Burner

Awards
Yeah you should have started the HB a couple weeks before you started. However, celery seed extract helped me a lot with my bp fairly quickly.

Also, watch your sodium intake. I know for me this makes a HUGE difference. I haven’t used SD but have done a cycle of ergomax and it elevated my bp. If I ate something with a decent amount of sodium, it would without question makes things worse and I would get real bad head aches later in day. As somebody already said, drink tons of water.

dess

Awards
i know everyone says that celery seed extract is good for bp, but everyone i talked to with knowledge of herbs outside of bodybuilding forums, was not aware of this, they stated its mostly diuretic affect. i was wondering y that is, is it meant mainly while on cycle or something?? but anyways i got some celery seed in the pill form its not the extract. wat kind of doses would i be using. thanx

anty

Awards
I experienced the same sides and what helped a lot for me was water. Especially after I started to experience neck cramps, as long as I kept my water intake above normal, the sides were less intense. I also agree with the rest of the comments on the various supplements suggested. The other thing to consider is backing off on the dosage for a couple days, Try taking 10 mg instead of 20 mg until the sides subside bit and then ease back into a higher dosage. Good luck man and I hope this helps.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
i know everyone says that celery seed extract is good for bp, but everyone i talked to with knowledge of herbs outside of bodybuilding forums, was not aware of this, they stated its mostly diuretic affect. i was wondering y that is, is it meant mainly while on cycle or something?? but anyways i got some celery seed in the pill form its not the extract. wat kind of doses would i be using. thanx
Just a quick Google come up with tons of info such as this one extracted from a long Celery Stalk...errr...I mean thread.

"How much celery or celery extract should I take for high blood pressure?

My recommendation is to either consume 8 ribs of celery per day or take a celery extract standardized to contain 85% 3nB and other celery phthalides at a dosage of 75 to 150 mg twice daily."

http://www.doctormurray.com/articles/celery.htm

Redeemer

Awards
Also, for Potassium, you are not limited to bananas. Dark green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, and orange juice are all great sources. Plus you get good phyto-nutrients.

patricio

Awards
Were you pushing more weight than you ussually do? It is important to remember that while your muscles will grow strong quickly your connective tissues take some time to catch up.