After a bulking cycle is good to do cardio while PCT?

C

Changing

Banned
Awards
Just wanted to know after a bulking cycle is it good to do cardio while pcting?

Like using fat burners etc while on PCT or should it be do AFTER pct?

M

Methyl1

Awards
I would imagine so, everybody needs to do cardio at the minimum 3 days a week at mid intensity to help keep the cardio vascular system in shape and keep your blood pressure and lipid profile in check. I would personally do 5 days of cardio at 40 minutes each session and stay within 75% of your max heart rate which should be around 140 bpm on the stair master or Elliptical to help with stamina, oxygen uptake and for overall cardio vascular health. Youll stay leaner and bloat less and can up your calories even more, plus it helps when your going for reps on heavy squats or dead lift, etc.. because you wont get winded and can push more reps before getting all puckered out.

C

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
i'll bump most of what methyl said...

as far as using fat burners however I would try and use something different if it is during PCT.

I ALWAYS use phosphatyldilserine post-cycle as it is an anti-catabolic cortisol reducer...thus it helps keep fat off and make sure you don't burn off any of that hard earned muscle :thumbsup:

regards,
COTC

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
phosphatyldilserine---what the hell is this? is this a rc or a legal supp?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I have read a little about PS.. could one take it with a 7-OH Di.. thus having to do a lower dose of 7-OH used?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Food man FOOD. Have your eating in check, eat to maintain weight, and don't lift too much or too hard.

500iu of hcg eod doesn't hurt at all either :D

K

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
500iu of hcg eod doesn't hurt at all either :D
Ex, you run hCG during PCT? Ex, I thought you were in the "on-cycle only" camp. hCG suppresses the return of natural LH production when run during PCT.

-kwantam

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
No, I run it only during the cycle and for the first 12 days after my last shot.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Looking at: Methyl1 avatar

I understand now why swarzy is so bitchy against steroids now... he's not taking em anymore ;)

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Id say keep cardio to a min until pct is over, not none, but minimal. Keep your training high intensity but drop the volume. Keep cals high

J

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
No, I run it only during the cycle and for the first 12 days after my last shot.
Yes, depending on the esters used. I wouldn't run it 12 days after the last shot of prop or susp.

/karp

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is good on or off cycle. Obviously, I'm in the low intensity camp. 60% to 65% max HR as many days as you want. If your training and nutrition are in check, losing gains shouldn't be an issue.

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
Looking at: Methyl1 avatar

I understand now why swarzy is so bitchy against steroids now... he's not taking em anymore ;)
all I know is he was definitely using gear before/during the making of t3.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
That picture can't be for real. I know the Oak is getting on in years, but he can't look that bad.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
don't have proof but i've heard that the pic was taken after his heart surgery.

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
don't have proof but i've heard that the pic was taken after his heart surgery.
Well, whatever the case, I think your avatar is in poor taste methyl. It comes off as disrespectfull. Think about it... What the hell would we be doing if it weren't for Arnold?

M

Methyl1

Awards
Well, whatever the case, I think your avatar is in poor taste methyl. It comes off as disrespectfull. Think about it... What the hell would we be doing if it weren't for Arnold?
I hear what your saying, I personally have a respect for the man myself, accomplished actor, bodybuilder, Governor. But my motto is what fun is life if you cant have a laugh at the expense of another? :lol:

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is good on or off cycle. Obviously, I'm in the low intensity camp. 60% to 65% max HR as many days as you want. If your training and nutrition are in check, losing gains shouldn't be an issue.
Low intensity seems to be the way to go in terms of fat-burning, but what about for maintaining cardiovascular health and a sane lipid profile?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Low intensity seems to be the way to go in terms of fat-burning, but what about for maintaining cardiovascular health and a sane lipid profile?
I'd say, if high intensity cardio is permissible given your diet, then do it. It takes some pretty extreme intensities to impair recovery, and as long as you are getting enough carbs to refill muscle glycogen the general conditioning, metabolic and health benefits of higher intensity cardio (not to mention the time saved) are far superior to those you would get with low intensity cardio.

3 times a week for 30 minutes a pop should suffice...

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I have read a little about PS.. could one take it with a 7-OH Di.. thus having to do a lower dose of 7-OH used?
I would use EITHER PS or 7OH. I tried 7oh during my last cycle and PCT and felt very well (and kept most of the fat off).
I havent tried PS yet myself, but i will :)

L

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
It does a fine job of taking care of that too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 19
B Cycle Logs 11
D Anabolics 46
B Cycle Logs 11
G Anabolics 2