My Situation is Complex: Low-Dose Testosterone Will Help?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
[Feel free to move to a more appropriate forum]

Hi Everyone,

I have always been a hard-gainer. I have a very hard time gaining muscle, but not so much gaining fat. When I diet and exercise, I tend to lose my muscle as fast as I lose my fat.

What's more, I have some bad side effects. My energy level is naturally lower than average, and stimulants like caffeine, ephedra, etc. only make me hyper-anxious (rather than higher energy) and actually increase my hunger (probably from the hypo-glycemic effect).

My testosterone is a little lower than average (in the low 300's in my 20's). However, prescribed Androgel has gotten an estrogen conversion; 10mgs of a day of legally taken Anavar causes about ten pounds of weight gain and the adverse effects of anabolics (roid rage, aggression). One vial of primobolan depot also causes such impulsive behavior.

I do have a prescription of Nebido. I'm wondering if that'll help. I want more energy, faster muscle recovery, etc. without the negative side effects of steroids (especially the induced hypo-mania).

I will re-iterate that this has all been prescribed legally, as it is in other countries.

I just want something that works at getting more energy and better body composition, without the negative sides (too much anxiety, induced mood problems, etc.).

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
If you can't handle anavar or primo then there's no way anything is going to be more mild and give the effects you're looking for

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im confused...youve tried androgel and didnt like the elevated e2? Or you just heard about estrogen conversion and so want to avoid?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
If you can't handle anavar or primo then there's no way anything is going to be more mild and give the effects you're looking for
agreed.

OP, you should prolly discuss this with your doc and figure out with the underlying cause is, because that simply isn't normal...

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. To me, I have attention and focus problems, even with no meds. I am just very sensitive to any medication. I worry about doing damage.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried DHEA? A TD Preg+DHEA provide a whole host of benefits for both mental and physical health. They're used as mild Test Bases for PH cycles but can be run solo for things like,
Improving Mood
Improving Focus
Improving Libido
Improved Energy
Sense Of Well Being
Improving Adrenal Health
Promoting Optimal Hormone Health

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would not be chasing any hormones at your age, there is something underlying here based on your comments. You should be working with a doctor to determine the cause here and getting thrown on exogenous test is not the right path to start at.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
1. What should I be looking for with my doctor?

2. Suppose I do try the Nebido, but it causes problems. How does someone get something long acting like Nebido out of the body?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
1. What should I be looking for with my doctor?

2. Suppose I do try the Nebido, but it causes problems. How does someone get something long acting like Nebido out of the body?
1. Full hormonal panel

2. Time

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Maybe I'll just order half a vial of Nebido to be injected. That way, there's much less chance of doing too much, getting too much estrogen conversion, going into shutdown, etc.