Private MD labs question

bchap05

Awards
This might be better in anti aging not sure. I've done a few PH cycles but it's been awhile so I don't think it has anything to do with it. But have been having trouble keeping it up, low drive, and not as happy. So figured I'd get blood tests for the first time. Was planning on just doing the female hormone panel since its much cheaper than going to a Dr. Prob research some cia or V in meantime.

Does it cover most of what I want to see? Does it only have total test and do I need to see free as well? I also looked at discountedlabs.com and see they have the comprehensive male panel which has most of the same tests but a few more and includes free test. But is also 5 times as much.

More or less just trying to get a baseline idea so I know if its even a problem and if I should go in.

PlateHead45

PlateHead45

Awards
Just did mine today. I do the full female hormone panel w/ lipids. It costs $87 after the discount. It'll show total test, but not free.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It'll show pretty much everything you need except free test. You could just get the male hormone panel. I believe it still shows estrogen, could be wrong tho.

bchap05

Awards
It'll show pretty much everything you need except free test. You could just get the male hormone panel. I believe it still shows estrogen, could be wrong tho.
Yeah I knew that one had more, but also cost a lot more so was more or less trying to decide if I need the extra tests or I can find what I want from just the female.

bchap05

Awards
Just did mine today. I do the full female hormone panel w/ lipids. It costs $87 after the discount. It'll show total test, but not free.
How important is the free test to really knowing what's going on? I saw discountedlabs.com does both free and total test by itself for $29. So I figured if I really needed free test I could do the privatemdlabs female panel, and free and total test from discountedlabs.

I just got lipids from my works annual check up for insurance

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i use privatemdlabs and there are coupons available. you get your results pretty fast.

livestrong82

Awards
Just ordered labs earlier.. ordered female hormone panel..

do I need to be fasting for this bloodwork??? I wouldn't think I would.. but any feedback?

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Anyone knows if I can fake my way into getting one from them, being from one of the states they dont allow testing for? I can drive to a neighboring state and get it done if necessary. I just dont think itll even work like that. Also, if anyone knows a good alternative that would work for someone from Maryland please let me know.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Anyone knows if I can fake my way into getting one from them, being from one of the states they dont allow testing for? I can drive to a neighboring state and get it done if necessary. I just dont think itll even work like that. Also, if anyone knows a good alternative that would work for someone from Maryland please let me know.
Same issue here in NY. I was actually looking at the mail away saliva test but according to one site NY state health law prohibits testing and transmission of data. Health laws are pretty confusing around here.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
I would search for the closest lab to you in a neighboring state, then call them and ask them if they are allowed to do labs for a Maryland resident without a doctor's referral.