WTF, scariest shot ever

jboogie

Awards
I was just doing an injection into my left quad, and about 3/4cc in I had a sudden, painful burning/stabbing pain where the oil was going. I immediately aborted and pulled the needle out. The pain was scary and intense for about 2 minutes and then subsided

Now sitting here about 20 minutes later my quad is still extremely sore. There's even a 5 inch in diameter warm red spot like I'm 4 days into an abcess.

Has any ever heard of anything like this happening?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Done it many times, you hit a nerve..

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
done that once before; i alternated glutes and delts for the rest of the cycle

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
is this why many opt not to inject into the quads? I remember beezl saying he doesnt like injecting in quads cuz of all the nerves and blood vessels.

jboogie

Awards
is this why many opt not to inject into the quads? I remember beezl saying he doesnt like injecting in quads cuz of all the nerves and blood vessels.
Yeah. I only shoot quads because it's the only thing I can hit with two hands (my hands shake, only using one hand makes it even worse). I generally hit a nerve on the way in every 4th to 6th shot I do, but I always push in really slow and pull out if I feel anything funky.

This time was a little weird because the pin was a 1 1/2" and it was buried, I'd just never hit a nerve that deep before.

As someone who spends alot of time shooting quads, my advice would be to keep to the side of the quad and stay far away from the top. This particular shot was about at a 45 degree angle (half way between the top and the side) and it was clealy nothing but trouble.

For the record, my quad is sore, sore, sore today and still seems to be a little red, but I guess I'll live. Can't wait to try again tonight...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Quads are rough, my very first inject was there - couldnt walk for 5days and the inject itself was painless. Glutes and Delts for now on.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I rarely hit nerves on quads.

However, I've twice hit nerves doing bicep shots. Hurt like hell and my bi started twitching. It was kinda cool but still freaky.

No more bicep shots for me.

/karp

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd never hit biceps, no way Jose..