Stiff Neck from 1, 4 andro?

sunfood

Awards
I just started an 1, 4 andro cycle yesterday. My plan is to run 1-andro (330mg) + 4-andro (330mg) per day for 8 weeks. This is my first prohormone cycle. I have experience with LGD and Ostarine previously.

Yesterday, about 1-2 hour right after I took the first dosage (1-andro 110mg + 4-andro 110mg), I could feel my neck became very tense. It was so uncomfortable that I could feel it during the sleep last night. My arms also felt itchy. This morning, I took another dose and get the same stiff neck. My skin is not itchy anymore but is feeling a little bit sensitive. I am very certain they were caused by the 1, 4 andro because yesterday was off day so I did not take any other supplement, and I did not suffer stiff neck from previous workout or sleep.

Does anyone know what's going on? I can't find any of the stiff neck side effects information online. Because of those sides, I think I will keep the dose low for now, 220mg of each per day.

I would like to hear if anyone have similar experience or know the causation. Thanks!

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Can't comment on the 1/4-Andro causing neck issues, though orals tend to screw with the back muscles in general so it's a possibility.

The two biggest issues for me and stiff neck are my sleep and my lifting...

First, stop sleeping with your head so elevated. Only one pillow, ditch the second. Not only does this make sleep apnea worse, which can just kill a whole days worth of work, but will cause chronic neck pain over time.

The second issue is how are you lifting bench and military press? If you don't lift bench properly it will cause a stiff neck, orals will just enhance this. Do not bench like you're doing the chicken dance with your elbows at your neck. Your elbows need to be at your sides. If you start over-arching in military press, this also puts stress on the neck. This too will just bring forth any bad form or stress from other improper exercises. If that head is leaving an indent on the pads, you need to assess.

sunfood

Awards
Thinks for the suggestions. I don't think the stiff neck is from training or sleeping though because it feels different and I didn't workout that day. I don't feel "hurt" or "pain", but more like a mass tension around neck muscle and trapezius areas. This feeling is similar to shoulder shrug (imaging you are doing light shoulder shrug for 24 hours a day). Sorry if I can't describe it more clear because it's just too bizarre.

So far from what I've learned, I guess a reasonable assumption is that because neck and trapezius area has more androgen receptor than other body parts, they act more sensitive when the hormone environment changes. Maybe my body is just more sensitive to it. I am not an expert, but looks like that's the only reasonable explanation so far for what happened to me.

Thanks again!

sunfood

Awards
I've never thought about it might be bp related! Thank you. I will check it.

Drock1234

Awards
After you check BP, make sure you are well hydrated- 1 gallon water per day plus taurine and electrolytes will help. You may be experiencing increased nitrogen and glycogen retention leading to a tight pumped feeling.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never thought about it might be bp related! Thank you. I will check it.
I sometimes experience shoulder neck and head tension or pressure if I'm mildly dehydrated or mildly hypertensive. It's just a cationary suggestion. It may be fine. Drock1234 has a good suggestion as well.

sunfood

Awards
So I checked my blood pressure this evening, it's 117/ 85, slightly higher than usual but seems fine. I will drink more water, too (actually I've been feeling very thirsty all the time after starting this cycle). Adding taurine and electrolytes sounds a good way to go.

Thanks for the very useful advice guys!

TGB1987

TGB1987

Awards
  • Established
Which brand are you using? Also it could just be anxiety. Sometime when u increase your hormones you can get anxiety and muscle tension can result. I get tension headaches from neck pain you are describing

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I checked my blood pressure this evening, it's 117/ 85, slightly higher than usual but seems fine. I will drink more water, too (actually I've been feeling very thirsty all the time after starting this cycle). Adding taurine and electrolytes sounds a good way to go.

Thanks for the very useful advice guys!
That's high for u???

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And as far as rehydration get some Pedialyte. It will rehydrate u faster then anything other then a iv

sunfood

Awards
Which brand are you using? Also it could just be anxiety. Sometime when u increase your hormones you can get anxiety and muscle tension can result. I get tension headaches from neck pain you are describing
I'm using Hard Rock for both 1 and 4 andro. I've gotten them long time ago from an initial launch sale. I didn't try them immediately because sarms were so hot recently.

From a lot of reviews I've seen, some people said they can't feel much from 1,4 andro, so in the beginning I didn't expect much. But my workouts this week have been insane and I've been sweating a lot more. I know it's too short to tell, but I'm quite impressed so far, especially for such a low dosage 220mg / day.

sunfood

Awards
And as far as rehydration get some Pedialyte. It will rehydrate u faster then anything other then a iv
Yeah it's a little bit high for me. Usually my blood pressure is around 110/75 range.

Do you think Pedialyte is good with pre-workout? I workout fasted in the morning.

Thanks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Getting well hydrated doesn't happen from one or two big drinks. If your dehydrated it could take a few days to fully hydrate again. I just know any time I really dehydrated like cramps or the runs that it helps on top of lots of water. If anything it would probably be better right after your workout or drank throughout the day. Its also a good hangover cure lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
enhanced Training Forum 9
Supplements 19
Jaynandez Training Forum 3
Anabolics 2
Sanosuke General Chat 15