Over trained?

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I'm on my 800mg test and 50mg anavar cycle. I'm getting surprisingly strong. Friday night I had a pretty intense leg workout and then Saturday morning I smashed chest and broke a pr. Saturday night my legs were so damn sore I had to take aspirin because I couldn't get comfortable in bed. It is now Sunday and I an totally drained, my legs still sore as hell and chest too, on top of that I got a small fever of 99.1
Did I just over do it? Need a rest day? Am I getting sick? What do u guys think.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chill out a couple days. Overtraining wouldn't cause a fever so it's likely something else.

At 800mg test it'd be hard to overtrain anyway unless your diet and sleep were crap

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chill out a couple days. Overtraining wouldn't cause a fever so it's likely something else.

At 800mg test it'd be hard to overtrain anyway unless your diet and sleep were crap
Also Mon-Fri I literally chase a trash truck for 7 hours non stop chuckin heavy barrels around and I'm already sore from that, and then I hit the gym

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Might be some Test flu? Up rest and protein if you feel like it.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Some sources of Testosterone causes this "flu symptom" on me. It really sux. I take smthing like aspirin, it helps, but short term only.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually I am happy to report that I'm feeling much better today. Just got back from the gym. Smashed back and biceps. My ass was killing me when I was deadlifting but other than that it was a good workout. I'm thinking my body just needs to adjust to this new jump in strength

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
test flu?? is this something like with the older PH that would get you sick after a few days, lowering the immune system?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
test flu?? is this something like with the older PH that would get you sick after a few days, lowering the immune system?
Exactly. The Test lowers some immune functions leaving you likely to get that much pathogens in the body that you get symptoms.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Excess testosterone suppresses cortisol. Cortisol is what prevents the symptoms of viral infections, and the reason you feel so miserable when you have the flu is because the influenza virus inhibits cortisol release by directly acting on ACTH. (1) The reason you feel so awful when you have the flu is that you have essentially "acquired secondary adrenal insufficiency."

See, cortisol isn't so bad...

1. Clin Infect Dis. 1998 Mar;26(3):708-10.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Excess testosterone suppresses cortisol release. Cortisol is what prevents the symptoms of viral infections, and the reason you feel so miserable when you have the flu is because the influenza virus inhibits cortisol release by directly acting on ACTH. (1) The profound fatigue, muscle aches and pains, sneezing, and generally feeling like you're dying is that you have essentially "acquired secondary adrenal insufficiency." People who die from the flu are actually dying from this adrenal insufficiency. These is a well-established volume of evidence showing that cortisol is capable of saving the lives of people who are literally hours away from death, from the flu and/or pneumonia.

People give cortisol a bad wrap, and most of the time these people have a complete and utter lack of understanding of this critical hormone. You can have zero testosterone and you might feel really crummy, but you'll live. Without adequate cortisol, you die. In a a few days or less. Period.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excess testosterone suppresses cortisol release. Cortisol is what prevents the symptoms of viral infections, and the reason you feel so miserable when you have the flu is because the influenza virus inhibits cortisol release by directly acting on ACTH. (1) The reason you feel so awful when you have the flu is that you have essentially "acquired secondary adrenal insufficiency."

People give cortisol a bad wrap, and most of the time these people have a complete and utter lack of understanding of this critical hormone. You can have zero testosterone and you might feel really crummy, but you'll live. Without adequate cortisol, you die. In a a few days or less. Period.

Oh ****, that was very educational! You don't think if I stay on cycle too long I could drive my cortisol so low that I end up dying though right? ��

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol rises while on test.
False.

1. "Testosterone Suppression of CRH-stimulated Cortisol in Men" Neuropsychopharmacology, 2005 October, 30(10):1906–1912,

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Oh ****, that was very educational! You don't think if I stay on cycle too long I could drive my cortisol so low that I end up dying though right? ��
Not if you're otherwise healthy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
False.

1. "Testosterone Suppression of CRH-stimulated Cortisol in Men" Neuropsychopharmacology, 2005 October, 30(10):1906–1912,
Uhh, no. While on the dosing that the OP is using, both cortisol and myostatin levels rise while T3 levels drop as an attempt to slow the mass gaining process.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Uhh, no. While on the dosing that the OP is using, both cortisol and myostatin levels rise while T3 levels drop as an attempt to slow the mass gaining process.
Cite a study or stop talking.

"No, you're wrong!" is how 1st graders argue.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cite a study or stop talking.

"No, you're wrong!" is how 1st graders argue.
Coming from the study showing what regarding supraphysiological levels of test and cortisol again? No **** that test levels are shot when cortisol is chronically elevated. Nothing is good when excessively high for a prolonged period of time. Are you really going to argue that TRT levels have the same effect, both from an ergogenic and health perspective, as 600mg/week?

It's at about the 10-12 mark (from a medium-long ester compound) that the cortisol levels start to rise. Pretty common knowledge that this is why they're so damn high when most people start their PCT, why gains slow down if prolonged past this point, or why compounds are added/doses increased.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yo $hit is gettin real AF up in here

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Coming from the study showing what regarding supraphysiological levels of test and cortisol again? No **** that test levels are shot when cortisol is chronically elevated. Nothing is good when excessively high for a prolonged period of time. Are you really going to argue that TRT levels have the same effect, both from an ergogenic and health perspective, as 600mg/week?

It's at about the 10-12 mark (from a medium-long ester compound) that the cortisol levels start to rise. Pretty common knowledge that this is why they're so damn high when most people start their PCT, why gains slow down if prolonged past this point, or why compounds are added/doses increased.
So, were you going to cite a source?

I cited a source, a published study demonstrating that testosterone inhibits cortisol release, you've cited your own opinion and some "bro-science."

If you want a debate, then debate in a manner worthy of your graduate degree.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, were you going to cite a source?

I cited a source, a published study demonstrating that testosterone inhibits cortisol release, you've cited your own opinion and some "bro-science."

If you want a debate, then debate in a manner worthy of your graduate degree.
A cited a source on a TRT-dose of test, which is vastly different from the OP.

My info is straight from Patrick Arnold, who knows a thing or two about AAS and what they do.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
A cited a source on a TRT-dose of test, which is vastly different from the OP.
It's not on any "dosage of test" -- it's a study describing the mechanisms of testosterone-induced suppression of adrenal hormone output. Did you even read it? Clearly not.

My info is straight from Patrick Arnold, who knows a thing or two about AAS and what they do.
I don't care who your information is from. If you cannot cite a valid scientific source, then it's just someone's opinion.

Here is one more study which clearly demonstrates the inhibitory effect of testosterone on cortisol release:

The inhibitory effect of testosterone on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to stress is mediated by the medial preoptic area. -J Neurosci. 1996 Mar 1;16(5):1866-76.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not on any "dosage of test" -- it's a study describing the mechanisms of testosterone-induced suppression of adrenal hormone output. Did you even read it? Clearly not.

I don't care who your information is from. If you cannot cite a valid scientific source, then it's just someone's opinion.

Here is one more study which clearly demonstrates the inhibitory effect of testosterone on cortisol release:

The inhibitory effect of testosterone on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to stress is mediated by the medial preoptic area. -J Neurosci. 1996 Mar 1;16(5):1866-76.
Dafuq did you read then? In the study design section, it specifically mentions 200mg of TE v sesame oil placebo.

What would someone who has manufactured studies and designed PED programs for athletes know about how to implement them? Patrick Arnold isn't just a random dude. Boards like this are an indirect result of him.

Problem with your studies: the length of usage and the dosage. Those change EVERYTHING.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Well if the reduced cortisol is the only cause of feeling bad the test flu would be permanent while beeing on high doses of test. Since its not that can't be the whole story Spurfy

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Dafuq did you read then? In the study design section, it specifically mentions 200mg of TE v sesame oil placebo.
You're talking about dosages like they're relevant -- this is what I'm focusing on. The study I cited was not looking at a dose-dependent effect of testosterone on cortisol, it was demonstrating that testosterone is suppressive to cortisol. Do you actually think that dosing testosterone somehow magically results in a "U shaped" dose-response for cortisol output? If you're suggesting this, you need to bring a hell of a lot more to the table than "Because Patrick Arnold said so."

What would someone who has manufactured studies and designed PED programs for athletes know about how to implement them? Patrick Arnold isn't just a random dude. Boards like this are an indirect result of him.
Again, I don't care. If you can't cite a published study, then all you're doing is offering an opinion, someone else's opinion. Lame.

Problem with your studies: the length of usage and the dosage. Those change EVERYTHING.
Oh, yeah? Then cite a published study backing up anything that you've said. Just one. Seriously. Why can't you do this?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're talking about dosages like they're relevant -- this is what I'm focusing on. The study I cited was not looking at a dose-dependent effect of testosterone on cortisol, it was demonstrating that testosterone is suppressive to cortisol. Do you actually think that dosing testosterone somehow magically results in a "U shaped" dose-response for cortisol output? If you're suggesting this, you need to bring a hell of a lot more to the table than "Because Patrick Arnold said so."

Again, I don't care. If you can't cite a published study, then all you're doing is offering an opinion, someone else's opinion. Lame.

Oh, yeah? Then cite a published study backing up anything that you've said. Just one. Seriously. Why can't you do this?
Doses aren't relevant? You've done gone full retard to even suggest that doses don't change a response. Again, if you'd actually read what I'm saying, I'm agreeing with you, but your study is too short as there is a rebound. There's a rebound with every ****ing stress hormone when the axis is tilted.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I don't want to get to far into this, and I'm posting from my phone, but when we're dealing with supplemental testosterone, the dose is something that has to be taken into consideration:

Serum total and free testosterone concentrations decreased from baseline in men receiving the 25- and 50-mg doses and increased at 300- and 600-mg doses.

Hemoglobin levels decreased significantly in men receiving the 50-mg dose but increased at the 600-mg dose
http://m.ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172.full.pdf
I'm not saying that this is directly relevant or applicable to cortisol, only that the dose of testosterone used is important to the effects.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Doses aren't relevant? You've done gone full retard to even suggest that doses don't change a response. Again, if you'd actually read what I'm saying, I'm agreeing with you, but your study is too short as there is a rebound. There's a rebound with every ****ing stress hormone when the axis is tilted.
So, are you agreeing testosterone does in fact suppress cortisol? Because in your original reply, you said it "increases cortisol."

Which is it?

I will, of course, agree that the degree of suppression is obviously dose-dependent, this wasn't my arguement. What I don't agree with is that testosterone will ever "increase cortisol." Obviously, rebound disinhibition of the HPA-axis will occur upon discontinuation of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone, and cortisol levels will rise, but this is not the topic of discussion. The topic of discussion is: Is testosterone inhibitory to the release of cortisol? The answer is yes.

Are we in agreement?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm confused so does that mean people should run reduce XT while running test? I've always heard that exogenous hormones control cortisol and Cortisol spikes are more likely after a cycle not on it

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I'm on my 800mg test and 50mg anavar cycle. I'm getting surprisingly strong. Friday night I had a pretty intense leg workout and then Saturday morning I smashed chest and broke a pr. Saturday night my legs were so damn sore I had to take aspirin because I couldn't get comfortable in bed. It is now Sunday and I an totally drained, my legs still sore as hell and chest too, on top of that I got a small fever of 99.1
Did I just over do it? Need a rest day? Am I getting sick? What do u guys think.
I'm going to ignore all the irrelevant dic.k measuring in this thread and advise you to get blood work done if you have a concern. It's impossible for any of us to really know what's going on with your body; as much as some internet heros wish they could.

I'm guessing you are feeling better now though?
The body can only take so much and when you have fever combined with soreness it could mean something...or just be coincidence.
Like any reasonable person who has discomfort, you should stop doing whatever is causing the discomfort and if symptoms don't disappear, or they get worse, than you should seek advice from a medical professional

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've made it clear that there's initial lowering and then a subsequent rebound. Both cortisol and myostatin increase as the cycle length increases. Ever wonder why gains slow done so much as you progress? That's why.

JG93

JG93

Awards

Agreed lol.
I'm on 850mg test and overtraining is barely a thing.

I've been there done that.
With legs most of the time. That's those hammys!!

Next time, hit the hot bath after the gym, let them muscles soak, then give them a nice good foam roll!

My legs in 100000099 mg test get terribly sore!
Like Reg said, if your diet is on point, you are just fine!

I also suggest intaking protein within the hour after lifting!
Goodluck and keep training hard!

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I've made it clear that there's initial lowering and then a subsequent rebound. Both cortisol and myostatin increase as the cycle length increases. Ever wonder why gains slow done so much as you progress? That's why.
So, you don't have a valid scientific source for your cortisol claim.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. The Test lowers some immune functions leaving you likely to get that much pathogens in the body that you get symptoms.
its in relation to the foreign compounds in body. iv been on test for years, even on cycle i get sick much less.
test flu seems to happen to people new to this and i feel is related to the test (solvents, oils etc. IMO)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
could be CNS needing time to relax, you dont just ware out your muscles when you train. also heavy training can effect immune

JG93

JG93

Awards
could be CNS needing time to relax, you dont just ware out your muscles when you train. also heavy training can effect immune
Spot on, although when you learn to break that barrier, you become a god.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Neither do you.
"CRH-stimulated cortisol levels as well as peak cortisol and greatest cortisol excursion were significantly lower (p < .05, .005, and .01, respectively) during testosterone replacement [...] The cortisol:ACTH ratio, a measure of adrenal sensitivity, was lower during testosterone replacement [...] These data demonstrate that testosterone regulates CRH-stimulated HPA axis activity in men, with the divergent effects on ACTH and cortisol suggesting a peripheral (adrenal) locus for the suppressive effects on cortisol."

Testosterone Suppression of CRH-stimulated Cortisol in Men
Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Oct; 30(10): 1906–1912.

TESTOSTERONE SUPPRESSES CORTISOL.

If you reply with anything but a citation from a published study, which contradicts what I just posted, I'm going to absolutely eviscerate you in my next reply.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"CRH-stimulated cortisol levels as well as peak cortisol and greatest cortisol excursion were significantly lower (p < .05, .005, and .01, respectively) during testosterone replacement [...] The cortisol:ACTH ratio, a measure of adrenal sensitivity, was lower during testosterone replacement [...] These data demonstrate that testosterone regulates CRH-stimulated HPA axis activity in men, with the divergent effects on ACTH and cortisol suggesting a peripheral (adrenal) locus for the suppressive effects on cortisol."

Testosterone Suppression of CRH-stimulated Cortisol in Men
Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Oct; 30(10): 1906–1912.

If you reply with anything but a citation from a published study I'm going to find you and punch you in the face.
What was the length again? Oh yeah....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're an idiot. I'm done.
You never started in the first place. You presented a myopic, non-applicable study and made far too assumptions and applications. You can't apply a fishbowl to the ocean.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
its in relation to the foreign compounds in body. iv been on test for years, even on cycle i get sick much less.
test flu seems to happen to people new to this and i feel is related to the test (solvents, oils etc. IMO)
For Sure. Real trust-able source of testosterone wont cause the test flu ... But thats hard to get. (about the solvents oils etc underground test)