SD and hair loss?

Reveremuscle

Banned
Awards
How is SD on the hair? Does it convert to DHT? Can propecia be used?

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No thinning / shedding / loss at all for me and my Grandfather on my mom's side is bald....

Reveremuscle

Banned
Awards
How are the gains? I'm a little weary of this stuff. Usually stick to gear.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How are the gains? I'm a little weary of this stuff. Usually stick to gear.
Strength up ridiculously (bench max up prolly 40 lbs in 3 weeks), endurance up, BF down and I've gained 8 pounds... overall its been pretty good to me...

Reveremuscle

Banned
Awards
I usually stick with test and add in propecia while on to minimize hair loss. I do have a slightly receding hair line.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I noticed shedding on SD more than on 1-test,4ad cycle, I take propecia as well...

dess

Awards
doesn't using products that inhibit dht like propecia and nizoral inhibit gains. i read that in a sticky. i have thin hair, always have had it and don't want it to get thinner should i wait till i see signs of shedding to start using these products, becuase most ppl say sd is safe on the hairline so i don't want to inhibit gains without reason

strongurche

Awards
Just curious, how exactly would SD cause hairloss? Does it convert to DHT somehow? If not, won't DHT levels actually decrease with test suppressed?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as the title of this thread says does superdrol convert to dht, or cause hairloss in any way shape or form. on guys with androgenic alpecia?

ive read that it doesnt. I do not know from expirence

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
certain gear can ITSELF bind to the AR in the scalp and cause hairloss, without involving DHT in any way (tren, winny, 1-T)

reveremuscle - i am also prone, and 3.5 weeks of SD didnt cause me to lose any. chasing that cycle with max LMG however, caused loss in less than a week. naturally i dropped it immediately and sold all of that stuff.

your safest bet is test w/ finasteride - at least you can control the activity. the same cannot be said for most others. second best bet is to go with gear with very high A/A ratios (superdrol's is VERY good) also deca (and consequently 19-nor), M1T, anadrol (for most), anavar, MOHN

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I noticed shedding on SD more than on 1-test,4ad cycle, I take propecia as well...
Yours is the VERY FIRST such report I've read.

Don't take this the wrong way, but since you just showed up last week, I'm dubious. Could you please elaborate on when you did these 2 cycles, the dosage, how far apart they were and so on? Thanks.

Oatmeal_King

Awards
I have pronounced MPB that started around age 18-19.

I ran SD for two weeks @20mg and two weeks @30mg. I applied 5% spiro every twelve hours or so.

I have noticed basically zero hair loss on top nor any thinning on the sides. Which is not say some has not occurred, but it is below the threshold of notice.

When I used M1T for two weeks, I kept finding hair in the spiro tub.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised this thread died.

I wonder if guys lose hair on various products, but just don't notice since it happens gradually. Maybe the question to ask is about changes in the prostate/difficult urinating. That might be more noticeable.

DR X

Awards
No hair loss on SD, did experience hair loss on M1T

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised this thread died.

I wonder if guys lose hair on various products, but just don't notice since it happens gradually. Maybe the question to ask is about changes in the prostate/difficult urinating. That might be more noticeable.
Since I have little left on top I couldn't respond to the original question. Since I have experienced severe BPH (a PSA of 10 before controlling it with a stack of naturals) I can say that I find SD to be one of (along with M4OHN) easiest PHs I have ever known. It had zero negative effect on my prostate. In fact since I added a 2 X daily dose of Beta-Sitosterol and other Phyto Sterols I never get up at night even though I down a large glass of water right before sack time every night. The large amounts of water I had to take to quench my increased thirst on SD made no change therto either.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice

Since I have little left on top I couldn't respond to the original question. Since I have experienced severe BPH (a PSA of 10 before controlling it with a stack of naturals) I can say that I find SD to be one of (along with M4OHN) easiest PHs I have ever known. It had zero negative effect on my prostate. In fact since I added a 2 X daily dose of Beta-Sitosterol and other Phyto Sterols I never get up at night even though I down a large glass of water right before sack time every night. The large amounts of water I had to take to quench my increased thirst on SD made no change therto either.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I was very concerned with hairloss when I began my superdrol cycle. I had already experienced very mild thinning on the crown of my head and have been treating it for 5+ years with finasteride and minoxidil.

During my cycle, I added Nizoral 2% and topical fluridil--a more potent anti-androgen than spiro--to the minox and finasteride.

I experienced no hairloss on superdrol and nor have I noticed a subsequent shed.

No changes in prostate or during urination, either.

I'd still recommend erring on the side of caution if you're going to use superdrol and at the very least get you some spiro.

david4zero8

Awards
I'm two days into my cycle of SD. I just got out of the shower after my workout and am noticing quite a bit of hair loss. My standalone cycle of ActivaTE ended on the 15th of this month. Throughout that cycle i also noticed hair loss, but not as much as right now on SD. Directly before the ACT standalone cycle, i did a standalone 6 week cycle of Rebound XT (bad batch). About 3 weeks into my RXT cycle is when i first began noticing hair loss. So basically i started shedding during my RXT cycle, which continued throughout my ACT cycle, and on the 2nd day of my SD cycle am still noticing hair loss (it seems to be increasing).

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I'm two days into my cycle of SD. I just got out of the shower after my workout and am noticing quite a bit of hair loss. My standalone cycle of ActivaTE ended on the 15th of this month. Throughout that cycle i also noticed hair loss, but not as much as right now on SD. Directly before the ACT standalone cycle, i did a standalone 6 week cycle of Rebound XT (bad batch). About 3 weeks into my RXT cycle is when i first began noticing hair loss. So basically i started shedding during my RXT cycle, which continued throughout my ACT cycle, and on the 2nd day of my SD cycle am still noticing hair loss (it seems to be increasing).
I doubt you'd be seeing hairloss from just 2 days of any compound. However, after multiple cycles in short succession, you're going to be more prone. I'm curious if the whole bad batch of RXT was evenly underdosed. You'd think so, I guess.

Also, I know that AcTivate was supposed to bind to the AR, but I don't know if there is enough feedback on it to say if it's as easy on the hair as it was predicted to be on paper.

If the hairloss is a concern to you, you might want to lay low on the Superdrol and give yourself some time. I wouldn't start it again without some preventative maintenance on your part if it's a concern. I'd especially recommend spiro, as SD isn't going to aromatize into DHT at any point.

Reveremuscle

Banned
Awards
I was very concerned with hairloss when I began my superdrol cycle. I had already experienced very mild thinning on the crown of my head and have been treating it for 5+ years with finasteride and minoxidil.

During my cycle, I added Nizoral 2% and topical fluridil--a more potent anti-androgen than spiro--to the minox and finasteride.

I experienced no hairloss on superdrol and nor have I noticed a subsequent shed.

No changes in prostate or during urination, either.

I'd still recommend erring on the side of caution if you're going to use superdrol and at the very least get you some spiro.
Never heard of fluridil, where did you get it?

david4zero8

Awards
I doubt you'd be seeing hairloss from just 2 days of any compound. However, after multiple cycles in short succession, you're going to be more prone. I'm curious if the whole bad batch of RXT was evenly underdosed. You'd think so, I guess.

Also, I know that AcTivate was supposed to bind to the AR, but I don't know if there is enough feedback on it to say if it's as easy on the hair as it was predicted to be on paper.

If the hairloss is a concern to you, you might want to lay low on the Superdrol and give yourself some time. I wouldn't start it again without some preventative maintenance on your part if it's a concern. I'd especially recommend spiro, as SD isn't going to aromatize into DHT at any point.
Thanks for the advice.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I'm no expert, but I think if a compound is causing hairloss you won't see the hair fall out immediately. If either product is involved, I would guess activate, strictly based on the timing you described. You were taking activate up until 5 days ago and started sd only 2 days ago.

Having said that, sledge did claim that activate blocks DHT. I don't know how that works. I would actually think activate would increase DHT levels since it would free some bound DHT along with freeing bound testosterone.

tutorhelp07

Awards
major hair loss

i have used many PH's, and SD was so bad on my hair that I had to stop using it after 9 days. The gains were impressive, indeed, but not worth the itchiness on my scalp and the instant loss of hair. I wish I never did it.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
tutorhelp07, Can you tell us how much you were doing and how long since you were using other PH/AAS/supplements?

tutorhelp07

Awards
tutorhelp07, Can you tell us how much you were doing and how long since you were using other PH/AAS/supplements?
Sure. I was doing 30mg per day. The last PH I took was last January - 3 weeks of M1T. I didn't notice any itchiness on m1t, nor on 1-test transdermal. It really pissed me off b/c I loved the Superdrol - increased energy, woodies, and I got tighter. I could tell that it was going to work well for me. Honestly, my head is still itching in spots 2 weeks later. I am guessing that the itching is the process of the hair follicles bieng inflammed from the androgen activity at the scalp. And, I am on dutesteride, so it must not convert to DHT through the 5A pathway, it must directly bind.

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
I took SD for 3 weeks and noticed no shedding. My grand father on my moms side has his hair, but my dad only has about half his hair so I would think MPB runs in my family.

TheMonster

Awards
certain gear can ITSELF bind to the AR in the scalp and cause hairloss, without involving DHT in any way (tren, winny, 1-T)

reveremuscle - i am also prone, and 3.5 weeks of SD didnt cause me to lose any. chasing that cycle with max LMG however, caused loss in less than a week. naturally i dropped it immediately and sold all of that stuff.

your safest bet is test w/ finasteride - at least you can control the activity. the same cannot be said for most others. second best bet is to go with gear with very high A/A ratios (superdrol's is VERY good) also deca (and consequently 19-nor), M1T, anadrol (for most), anavar, MOHN
Same Old...I think Max LMG is what caused my hair shedding as well... Back in May/June I ran a 3 week cycle of both Superdrol and Max LMG. In about mind July after my PCT of liquid Nolvadex my hair began to shed like crazy (I've taken 1-ad, 1-test, etc in the past w/ no shedding). Anyway, it's been about 2 months now and the shedding is slowing down (only finding about 8-10 hairs on my pillow in the morning, if I shake my hair over the sink in the morning about 5-10 fall out, and I notice a few strands in my hat throughout the day). I'm not so concerned about the shedding now but more so about what I lost. It's barely noticable but to me I can tell. If I were to spike my hair, you can easily see my front scalp and the sides of my hairline, both places in which the shedding occurred the most. My question is...should this hair 'naturally' grow back?

Inprogress

Awards
Same Old...I think Max LMG is what caused my hair shedding as well... Back in May/June I ran a 3 week cycle of both Superdrol and Max LMG. In about mind July after my PCT of liquid Nolvadex my hair began to shed like crazy (I've taken 1-ad, 1-test, etc in the past w/ no shedding). Anyway, it's been about 2 months now and the shedding is slowing down (only finding about 8-10 hairs on my pillow in the morning, if I shake my hair over the sink in the morning about 5-10 fall out, and I notice a few strands in my hat throughout the day). I'm not so concerned about the shedding now but more so about what I lost. It's barely noticable but to me I can tell. If I were to spike my hair, you can easily see my front scalp and the sides of my hairline, both places in which the shedding occurred the most. My question is...should this hair 'naturally' grow back?
nope

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
temple recession is the hardest hairloss to reverse. there is virtually no chance that it will just come back naturally. if you have lost some hairline ground with steroids, then you obviously have the MPB gene, and it's pretty much all downhill from here. but i have good news - i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico! seriously, i do have good news. some guys (myself included) have been able to bring temple hair back with spiro and minoxidil (mixed or not) after losing hair on a cycle. yes, it gets really old applying 2x/day and it smells bad, but it's worth it to me and lots of other guys. give it a shot - you only have to apply to the areas that have lost, which means the supply lasts a long time compared to crown-loss victims.

finasteride also helps, but that stuff turns my dick into a wet noodle.