Primobolan + Test E (mid) Cycle review

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
First Cycle.

Keep in mind this cycle was chosen because I didn't WANT to bulk up majorly, I actually wanted to cut down while getting my proportions on point. I actually wanted to cut down as much as possible in order to complete in the next coming month, but I told myself if I'm not ready by then (happy with the physique I have to offer) then I won't stress too much, and I'll just compete in shows later in the year.

Firstly to start off with some stats;
Starting:
Male
23 y/o
180cm (5ft9)
163,14 lbs (74kg)
15% bodyfat

Current:
176lbs (81kg)
12% bodyfat

I've been lifting for 6 years, my previous heaviest was 80kg at about 16-18% bodyfat. My starting weight when first lifting was 141lbs (64kg).

I am starting my 8th week of the cycle today.

Primobolan:
Week 1: 300mg (150mg Monday & Thursday)
Week 2 - 6: 400mg (200mg Monday & Thursday)
Week 7 - Current: 600mg (300mg Monday & Thursday)
I don't plan on increasing Primo anymore than what it is now because I don't feel the need to.

Test E:
Week 1 - Current: 150mg per week, every Monday.

I plan on continuing the cycle until 14-16 weeks (Dependent on results).
PCT includes: HCG, Tamoxifen, Clomid, DAA Supplementation.

My training style:

6-7 Day Split:
Pull - Push - Legs - Repeat
Monday: Pull
Tuesday: Push
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Pull
Friday: Push
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Rest or Cardio and Abs

OR

Monday: Pull + Push (Strength + Power training style)
Tuesday: Legs (Strength + Power training style)
Wednesday: Push Hypertrophy
Thursday: Pull Hypertrophy
Friday: Legs Hypertrophy
Saturday: Full body touch ups.
Sunday: Sunday Cardio and abs

Diet was as follows:

I follow flexible dieting method, eating 500 calories in deficit on a normal training day, 750 calorie deficit on an off day (if any).
My macros were sitting at (for the most part):
- 160g -180g Protein
- 250g -350g Carbs
- 40g - 80g Fats

The ranges are so high because it's dependent on what I'm training on specific days and whether I'm doing cardio before bed or not.

Obviously being on gear means to aim for healthier fat and carb options, so I'm keeping that clean for the most part.

I'm going for bloods this week, just to specifically check my cholesterol and minor other typical tests.. and I plan to go for FULL blood work after cycle with my medical aid (I actually get discount benefits for doing a checkup - and this will be my first one with them)

Heavychevss

Awards
Have you thought about lowering your carbs? Sounds like you are still making gains with your calorie deficit but not losing much fat (just based on the math). I've always had good results when lowering carbs but I'm an old fart so my metabolism may need a bigger kick start than yours. There is a pretty good thread on this forum about carb cycling- your energy levels may go for a roller coaster ride through the week but it works and you'll feel like superman on your carb refill days.

BIG EVIL42

Awards
Way too many carbs being stored as glycogen for energy no matter how fast your metabolism is and how high your activity level is to burn any reasonable amount of bodyfat.. It's not all about a calorie deficit....gotta change up a few things...
Heres a quick freebie layout of what you should do in my opinion...i would drop carbs to around 200 up protien to 250 and increase your essential fatty acids and get your fat intake close to 110 g per day for an initial change based off your info provided....

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
Way too many carbs being stored as glycogen for energy no matter how fast your metabolism is and how high your activity level is to burn any reasonable amount of bodyfat.. It's not all about a calorie deficit....gotta change up a few things...
Heres a quick freebie layout of what you should do in my opinion...i would drop carbs to around 200 up protien to 250 and increase your essential fatty acids and get your fat intake close to 110 g per day for an initial change based off your info provided....
Thanks for the heads up brother. It actually sounds good to me, and I'm going to start the drop as of tomorrow.
I was told today at the gym that I look as though I'm very puffy, which I assume is from the carbs... I'll give your advice a shot and give you feedback here!

BIG EVIL42

Awards
Thanks for the heads up brother. It actually sounds good to me, and I'm going to start the drop as of tomorrow.
I was told today at the gym that I look as though I'm very puffy, which I assume is from the carbs... I'll give your advice a shot and give you feedback here!
Cool, if you really want to educate yourself on dieting correctly the most effective way possible, Google "youtube ask dave palumbo" and start listening to those episodes bro... I am a trainer and a Physiology grad... and he is one of the main guys in the industry who is spot on as far as diet goes

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
Cool, if you really want to educate yourself on dieting correctly the most effective way possible, Google "youtube ask dave palumbo" and start listening to those episodes bro... I am a trainer and a Physiology grad... and he is one of the main guys in the industry who is spot on as far as diet goes
Started watching as we speak. Thanks a lot for this, I appreciate it and take all learning opportunities when I can!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Primo is I think, the only AAS I have not used. I just don't trust sources with it, and the price is to steep for the min of raws.