Super Mandro and androvar hair thinning?! HELP

Strait6supra

Awards
So I'm not prone to mpb at all I don't think? both of my grandpas have a little receding hairline and they are 81 and 86 they still have ALOT of hair. Except 2nd grandpa died at 86 with hair. My dad at 51 has a full head of hair and nobody in my family is going bald at all! My first cycle I ran finaflex 1andro and Epi-v and had no problems just a little acne/aggression anyways this is my 2nd pro hormone cycle and I started to run super Mandro and androvar and I got some sides I got of it when I noticed that my thick hair started getting real thin and I had a burning feeling on my scalp I got acne as well. I ran it only for 17 days then got on my pct fast cause of the scalp hair thinning issue. Dosing was at 300mg a day of Mandro and androvar the first week and 400mg a day of androvar and Mandro for remaining 10 days I ran this stack with a DHT blocking shampoo pur d or all the way through (and am still using it) and had a multi vitamin fish oil. It's been 1 week on my pct and I'm not shedding any hair I didn't shed any hair on the prohormones either maybe like 1 hair in the shower that's it. Before when I wasn't taking a prohormones stack I would lose like 4-5 in the shower. My question is for experienced users who have had legit experiences with this. will my receding hairline go away? and will my hair thicken up again? The hair is still on my head it's just very thin on most of my head it's receding on top of my head and on the sides and in back a little . I have heard of people shedding hair completely and it grew it back as thick as it was prior as well with people's hair thinning and it got thicker again down the road. My hair before this cycle was like steel wool and I had to get it cut like every 3 weeks I have no receding hairline or thinning at all prior to this but I have been kinda freaking out cause my scalp and my arms have a burning feeling 6 days after I discontinued use of this stack and got on my pct. the hair on my arms got thinner and looks more bald but I never had a lot of arm hair. I have an appointment with my dermatologist coming up in like a week but should I continue using the pur d or I heard that the Nizoral at Walmart is weak that you need the prescription stuff. Do I get the Nizoral shampoo at Walmart? For the time being and use both shampoos? I am taking 1500mg of saw palmetto a day also but what should I do? And is the side affects permanent? They have to be temporary cause there are people who run crazier **** than this and at much higher doses who lose their hair and it grows back eventually! HELP

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its thinning on the sides? You sure? Running gear for only 17 days is not going to leave any permanent mark on your hairline. I started thinning and losing mine when i was 22. One day you wake up and boom its thin. Jumped on finasteride and 20 years later I still have a full head of hair. All of the topical products you are mentioning aren't going to do much. I have used them all. If your going to use one I would go with the Nizoral. The non prescription strength version is 1% vs 2% and honestly i have used both with not much difference. Is your scalp oily and itchy?

I would throw some biotin in your supplements routine. I personally think it has helped me.

Strait6supra

Awards
Yeah it's thinning on the sides,on top and in the back a bit! And my hair was really thick before this cycle and now it's a different texture and real thin. Yup I ran this for 17 days and it did this I'm not shedding at all but I'm fearful of losing my thick hair forever. Finasteride you get by prescription right? And yeah my scalp is itchy and severely dry and I have been experiencing this burning feeling on my scalp back of my neck and arms. I have been using organic extra virgin olive oil for the dryness. I never had a receding hairline either prior to this cycle! It's noticeable

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your cycle might have just sped up the inevitable but what your describing sounds more like alopecia areata than mpb. Yes finesteride is propecia. Jump on the nizoral immediately and leave it in for 5 minutes everytime.

Again i think you might be having more of a stress reaction than mpb. Let us know what the dermatologist says but no way a 17 day cycle did this

Strait6supra

Awards
Yeah I just picked up and used the Nizoral really soothes the scalp :) yeah I think that with this cycle I did speed up the inevitable. But no joke 17 days on this thinned my hair follicles by 1/2 its original size and has caused slight reddish inflammation on scalp with burning like a bad sunburn. the woman that has been cutting my hair for years said your hair is so thin it's crazy she said you have some receding areas all over your head where the hair has thinned out and I noticed it as well. She had to be careful how she cut my hair so that it doesn't show the receding thinning areas. with alopecia areata you must have small round patches or spots from the start? I get a slight fade with it finger length on top of my head never have I seen 1 patch,bald spot, receding spot, or anything like this prior to this cycle and neither has the woman that cuts my hair. androvar converts to DHT, this product should be avoided no matter what kind of DHT blockers you use it's flat out dangerous!!! I am still perplexed at how the androvar did this in just 17 days and how I still have slight burning 1 week after discontinued use. I will keep you posted with the dermatologist appt, again thanks for the tips!!! this is my last prohormone cycle ever.

Strait6supra

Awards
Went to the dermatologist who specializes in hair loss today. I told him I ran the Epi andro and 1 andro he looked at my head and told me that I got TE telegenic effluvium or in my case androgen-induced telegenic effluvium say what??? The abrupt change in my hormones from the gear shocked my body caused and triggered this reaction to cause my hair to thin out recede and to shed slightly that's why I had the bad reaction. He said I didn't run the Phs long enough and not at real high doses to get what I got. The sudden hair loss receding and thinning is all over my head in random areas like somebody took a weed wacker to my skull. Told me it could take up to 2-6 months to go back to normal.