Legal Gear M1-P Issues

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
If I understand correctly, M1-P is progestin based and utlizes a key ingredient called Megestrol Acetate. I'm by no means claiming to be a chemist or anything, but they are claiming lots of research about their product, and the research articles they cite to on the 1fast400.com website product write-up appear to promote the idea that this product can be used like oxandrolone (anavar) to prevent muscle wasting.

Here is what I've read:

"Oster enrolled 100 patients in a double-blind placebo-controlled trial of megestrol acetate (MA) (800 mg/day). MA recipients increased their daily calorific intake by 608 calories, versus an increase of 134 in the placebo group. People treated with MA had a mean body weight increase of 3.86 kg, compared with 0.46 kg decrease in the placebo group, and gained 3.68 kg in fat compared with a 0.28 kg loss. No statistically significant differences in body water, lean mass or survival were observed between the groups.

Johnston enrolled 89 people with CD4 counts below 200 and a weight loss of greater than 5% in a placebo-controlled study of megestrol acetate (320 mg/day for two weeks each month). After 6 months, treated people had a significant increase in tricipital skinfold thickness and quality of life, but other changes in nutritional parameters were not significant.

Tierney randomized people with AIDS with a greater than or equal to 10% weight loss to receive a daily dose of 100, 400 or 800 mg of megestrol acetate or placebo during a three month double-blind trial. 19/21 evaluable treated subjects gained weight (1.5 - 29 lbs), while those randomized to receive placebo continued to lose weight. The 2 treated subjects who lost weight had developed an oesophageal ulcer and histoplasmosis, respectively. Megestrol acetate was associated with significant weight gain with a linear dose response relationship. An increase in both lean body mass and body fat was detected using bioelectrical impedance analysis. Weight gain was associated with an increase in appetite and food intake. No improvements in CD3, CD4, CD8 counts or skin reactivity was seen. While Karnofsky scores did not change, improvement in perceived quality of life was associated with weight gain.

Graham enrolled 10 patients with HIV-related wasting in a pharmacokinetic evaluation study of a new suspension formulation of megestrol acetate 40 mg/ml. All patients received a single oral dose of 800 mg/day for 21 days. All patients reported an increase in appetite and 8/10 patients gained weight at three weeks.

Testosterone and steroids

Research into testosterone plus exercise are summarised under the sub-heading ‘Resistance exercise’ below.

Grinspoon randomised 51 HIV-positive men with low testosterone levels to either 300mg of intramuscular testosterone enanthate injected every 3 weeks for 6 months, or placebo. The testosterone group gained fat-free mass (-0.6kg and 2.0kg), lean body mass (no change to 1.9kg) and muscle mass (-0.8 ad 2.4kg). "

So If I've read about this all correctly, M1-P simply increases appetite and leads to hight caloric consumption, thereby promoting a gain in mean body weight for its users. However, this appears to be mass attributable to fat and not lean body mass.

Am I way off here....?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It attributed to both lbm, and fat. It seems that it increases appetite, but I see no evidence in that abstract to support anabolism from the steroid itself.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that first study is completely worthless. you eat an extra 450cals, you're gonna gain weight. the fact that MA didnt partition the nutrients toward anabolism and not fat gain concerns me.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
The fact that people actually buy legal gear stuff is what concerns me. :eek:

Hoodlum_0227

Banned
Awards
The studies that you posted were for the anti-estrogen chemicals that are in Legal Gear's Methyl 1-P product.

tattoopierced1

megestrol acetate isnt something to mess with. I used it for a while under a Dr's supervison and it will put some weight on you, but unless you watch what you eat, you'll balloon up. I **** you not, I put on 30lbs in about 2 months of using megace (megestrol acetate, its a pink liquid, almost looks like amoxicillan), but I was bloated to hell and put on alot of fat...appetite was almost uncontrollable though. Would like to see how M1P compares to this, and if it is similar, be warned....

tattoopierced1

i went in and told the dr. i needed help gaining weight and he put me on it. Normally a Dr. wouldnt do this, but he was a newb and I was severely under weight.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And I don't think m1p contains megestrol acetate.

tattoopierced1

maybe not, i'm just replying to the post that stated it could be something like that....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Might be of use in small doses during a cycle to increase appetite?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The study I found would indicate otherwise. Besides this is not what is in m1p.

tattoopierced1

ryansm: what study are you referring to? do you have a link?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's the antichrist of chemicals..get it away from me ew ew ew eweewww!

lol

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The study I found would indicate otherwise. Besides this is not what is in m1p.
you sure? the chemicals look very similar, and i wouldnt put it past LG to "warm over" a chemical name to look more legit.