Best way to lower test?

6Plates

Awards
What's the best way to lower test before having blood labs done in hope of having a doc prescribe HRT? What about thyroid?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
No sleep, alcohol, low protein and calories.. M1T for a few days and then come off. :p

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
any androgen should do nicely.

size

Awards
  • Established
This is a foolish thing to attempt to do.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Why is that? I considered doing it once when I found a doctor near me who works with hormone replacement therapy...

size

Awards
  • Established
It is foolish b/c the majority of doctors do not simply do one test and then decide you are a candidate for HRT. Typically, there are a series of tests of a period of time. Also, the end result may be nothing more than the doctor administering HCG or providing a prescription for androgel.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
In that case, it wouldn't be worth the effort at all.. I figured all doctors did it the way the one near me does. He's next-door to a gym and runs one set of tests, and then prescribes. :D He even walks into the gym every day recruiting people. This is a very unique situation. :p

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
In that case, it wouldn't be worth the effort at all.. I figured all doctors did it the way the one near me does. He's next-door to a gym and runs one set of tests, and then prescribes. :D He even walks into the gym every day recruiting people. This is a very unique situation. :p
I know several people who have done this with the cooperation of a friendly doctor and having been scripted enth or cyp. Of course as pointed out above, the doc may try other methods and essentially you'll just be pissing money away. Also, I wonder if a doctor (one who isn't obviously aiding BBer's out) would question if someone who is obviously built well came in with such low testosterone levels. You'd have to imagine they would..

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
you would be out of luck if they tested for hormone ratios. however if all they look at is free test, total test, etc, than you COULD possibly convince the doc to help you out. i wouldn't bother at all if your doc is conservative. the most you would get would be androgel which is useless unless you bathe in it

Spitdeath

Awards
Be alot easier just to buy some juice man or make your own. How much test do you get for replacement anyway like 100mg a week? Whats that gonna do.