DO NOT TAKE ORALS WITH FOOD

contro

Awards
Keep hearing advice like "take it with a fatty food it is fat soluble"

THIS IS A COMMON MISTAKE! youre NOT supposed to take orals with food BECAUSE theyre fat soluble

“Studies have shown that taking an oral anabolic steroid with food may decrease its bioavailability.411 This is caused by the fat-soluble nature of steroid hormones, which can allow some of the drug to dissolve with undigested dietary fat, reducing its absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. For maximum utilization, methylated oral steroids should be taken on an empty stomach.”

Excerpt From: Llewellyn, William. “Anabolics.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting in for other ppl opinions .

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here for other peoples opinions as well.. not sure if srs.

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's an extended version:

Anabolic Research Update
By William Llewellyn

Take With Food?
Q: Is it better to take steroid pills with meals or on an empty stomach? Prescription drugs often say to take them one way or another. I can't find any mention of this with steroids, and I think I've read every steroid book from every author I could find. If you can't answer this I don't know who can. So, any idea? Does it matter which way you take them?
A: Yes, there's a difference. Steroid hormones, even when they don't have esters, are still considered lipid- (fat) soluble compounds. They basically like to dissolve in fat more than they do water. If you take a fat-soluble hormone with a meal, particularly one with a high fat content, some of the steroid is going to get dissolved with the fat in your stomach. This is, again, a natural property of the steroid. Some of the fat you ate may go undigested, which will ultimately reduce the overall bioavailability of the steroid hormone by preventing some of it from being absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract (and transported to body tissues).
I looked for a long time for some reference to this and finally found mention of a study that took place several decades ago with stanozolol. The experiment administered an equal amount of hormone to two groups of animals. One group received the drug mixed with their food, and in the other, it was administered directly into the animals' stomachs via a feeding tube (on an empty stomach). The drug indeed had a considerably stronger effect on promoting nitrogen retention (a measure of protein synthesis) when it was given on an empty stomach. Seems like very strong support for this position.
So taking your pills on an empty stomach does seem best- at least when it comes to the standard c17-alpha-alkylated (most) oral steroids. If you want to be really meticulous, you can also take your pills with a glass of water, which will help their absorption a little by facilitating the breakdown of tablets and binders and aiding in the transport of the hormone. Chewing the pills before swallowing will also help, again through rapid breakdown and transport to the GI tract. Also, exercising soon after taking your pills draws blood away from your stomach, which could slow or lower drug absorption. Try not to train right after taking them if you can.
Of course, the advice of taking your pills on an empty stomach wouldn't apply to those oral steroids that rely on lymphatic transport, or absorption of the drug by the lymphatic system (with dietary fat) to bypass the liver. Lymphatic delivery is occasionally used with unprotected (non-c17-alpha-alkylated) steroid hormones, although this isn't a common method of steroid delivery. It won't be of relevance with most pills and the only drug really like that now is Andriol (testosterone undecanoate). At one time, however, other lymphatically transported agents such as Maxibolin (ethylestrenol) and Anabolicum Vister (quinbolone) also circulated on the black market. Bodily utilization of drugs like these may actually be aided by consuming them with a high-fat meal.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Key word here is methyls! Andros are really the only thing that are being reccomended to dose with fats where methyls use the methyl group for increased bioavailability. Still a great post and a good explanation, repped.

dcne02

Awards
  • Established
What about SARMs, non methyl of course but with or without food?

contro

Awards
Key word here is methyls! Andros are really the only thing that are being reccomended to dose with fats where methyls use the methyl group for increased bioavailability. Still a great post and a good explanation, repped.
Thanks! Was thinking super 1 and ep15tane stack for my next cycle so I will have to dose one with food and one without. Will get confusing but lead to gains.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting heartburn if I take my D1methadrol and Tr1umph without food, so I will have to hope the effect is not too huge.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! Was thinking super 1 and ep15tane stack for my next cycle so I will have to dose one with food and one without. Will get confusing but lead to gains.
Not necessary at all, just take both however you want. The difference it will make is really minimal and therefore insignificant. Your ph will work either way tbh.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course it's gonna work better with a feeding tube. I fail to see how that can mean anything other than getting drugs from a feeding tube will work better than not getting drugs from a feeding tube.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just take it via rectal administration an call it good.

That is, if your really concerned about absorption

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Injections are still better...
But I'm not calling your way bad brofessorx ;)
It's just that some peaple prefer wetter things than powders or bigger things than tablets up in their anus :D

Night hog

Banned
Awards
I often wonder when I should be taking my orals and my cycle supports. Like if I take my oral anabolic whatever it may be and then take a couple Tudca capsules or my blockade or cel cycle assist will the Tudca or milk thistle prevent my body from absorbing all of the anabolic.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I often wonder when I should be taking my orals and my cycle supports. Like if I take my oral anabolic whatever it may be and then take a couple Tudca capsules or my blockade or cel cycle assist will the Tudca or milk thistle prevent my body from absorbing all of the anabolic.
One in the mouth, the other up the butt

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish everything was transdermal

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
If you're blaming food for ruining PH absorption and ultimately your "gainz", your bottle is either underdosed or perhaps your expectations are too high.

contro

Awards
Uh no im not I just quoted something I read in the book because people keep recommending taking methyls with food. Personally I take everything on an empty stomach

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Was just trying to find an actual answer for this. I saw somewhere u should take tudca atleast 3 hours away from your methyl for absorption purposes.

Is this true? also what about taking a methyl with something like arimacare pro with 200mg tudca and 1200mg NAC. Should u spread that out as well?

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was just trying to find an actual answer for this. I saw somewhere u should take tudca atleast 3 hours away from your methyl for absorption purposes.

Is this true? also what about taking a methyl with something like arimacare pro with 200mg tudca and 1200mg NAC. Should u spread that out as well?
I will just add that JakeAntaeus has said that "there seems to be a lot of evidence which suggests that taking bile acids along with pharmaceuticals (& phytochemicals, etc) can improve absorption... so taking UD (Ultradrol) with TUDCA might be beneficial rather than detrimental." Also "...as of right now, I'd have to say that you should take TUDCA and Ultradrol together. With food."

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Reason for this is im day 3 of 1ml of nanodrol and 750mg of androtest. Just couldnt find a true answer.

I saw the same number saying with food, with out food, with supports, with out supports.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don’t be concerned with it if you’re using methylated compounds.
I figured this would be apparent from my previous post.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Reason for this is im day 3 of 1ml of nanodrol and 750mg of androtest. Just couldnt find a true answer.

I saw the same number saying with food, with out food, with supports, with out supports.
Would you consider making a thread about your Nanodrol experience? There's a lot of interest in that compound right now.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting thread!

Maybe brofessorx has an answer to this:

I like to encapsulate my orals from raw powder. One reason is, I can chose the dosage of each capsule -the other reason is, I can use "goodies" as filler. Here the question:

If I encapsulate Turinabol and use NAC as a filler, do they interact in any way, once taken (not in the capsule)? If NAC sort of protects the liver, does NAC inhibit bioavailability of T-bol?

FRITZFURY

FRITZFURY

Banned
Awards
I did some research into this along time ago. The OP is 90% right, but the studies that I read were of ppl eating a full meal with orals. This causes the fat soluble steroid to desolve into the fat in the meal that later does not get fully digested in your intestines so some of the oral steroid stays in the semi-digested food and is not absorbed through the intestinal barrier. It has nothing to do with methylated or not, if it's a fat soluble PH, DS, or oral AAS 20-30% can stay absorbed in food if taken with a full meal.

However I have always taken my orals with a spoonful of peanut butter which is not nearly enough food for it to be undigested. My personal belief if is that the small amount of fat helps it desolve and get absorbed since it's just enough to aid but not get undigested as is the problem with food and orals is only that with a full meal not all food is fully digested and fat can be a bit harder to digest than some food.

I read a lot about liver protection's effect on methylated orals. I couldn't find a definitive answer but from my research I came to the conclusion that it is best to take your liver+ 2-3 hours after your methylated oral. The interaction of liver+ that may metabolize more of the oral steroid is when the compound helps the liver produce high enzymes. Milk thistle is one that does help the liver's enzymes break down toxins. NAC should not have the same effect as it's effect on the liver is different and I'm not fully versed in how TUDKA behaves in the liver.

I usually take my oral with Pbutter PWO and my liver+ with my post WO food 2 hours later. That has worked great for me for many years and I rarely need to take the upper end of dosages to get a great effect.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting thread!

Maybe brofessorx has an answer to this:

I like to encapsulate my orals from raw powder. One reason is, I can chose the dosage of each capsule -the other reason is, I can use "goodies" as filler. Here the question:

If I encapsulate Turinabol and use NAC as a filler, do they interact in any way, once taken (not in the capsule)? If NAC sort of protects the liver, does NAC inhibit bioavailability of T-bol?
No it shouldn’t.
Edit: on a side note, since the above poster suggested taking liver support after ingesting hepatotoxic compounds, ingesting nac before alcohol was shown to protect the liver, however taking nac after drinking was shown to cause more damage
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1386634605004766?via=ihub

Granted it’s a different compound, one really doesn’t know for sure how it’ll react when taken before or after a methylated steroid, and the reaction may differ between steroids.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did some research into this along time ago. The OP is 90% right, but the studies that I read were of ppl eating a full meal with orals. This causes the fat soluble steroid to desolve into the fat in the meal that later does not get fully digested in your intestines so some of the oral steroid stays in the semi-digested food and is not absorbed through the intestinal barrier. It has nothing to do with methylated or not, if it's a fat soluble PH, DS, or oral AAS 20-30% can stay absorbed in food if taken with a full meal.

However I have always taken my orals with a spoonful of peanut butter which is not nearly enough food for it to be undigested. My personal belief if is that the small amount of fat helps it desolve and get absorbed since it's just enough to aid but not get undigested as is the problem with food and orals is only that with a full meal not all food is fully digested and fat can be a bit harder to digest than some food.

I read a lot about liver protection's effect on methylated orals. I couldn't find a definitive answer but from my research I came to the conclusion that it is best to take your liver+ 2-3 hours after your methylated oral. The interaction of liver+ that may metabolize more of the oral steroid is when the compound helps the liver produce high enzymes. Milk thistle is one that does help the liver's enzymes break down toxins. NAC should not have the same effect as it's effect on the liver is different and I'm not fully versed in how TUDKA behaves in the liver.

I usually take my oral with Pbutter PWO and my liver+ with my post WO food 2 hours later. That has worked great for me for many years and I rarely need to take the upper end of dosages to get a great effect.
A good read on TUDCA...

https://examine.com/supplements/tauroursodeoxycholic-acid/

franks009

Awards
  • Established
No it shouldn’t.
Edit: on a side note, since the above poster suggested taking liver support after ingesting hepatotoxic compounds, ingesting nac bed alcohol was shown to protect the liver, however taking nac after drinking was shown to cause more damage
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1386634605004766?via=ihub

Granted it’s a different compound, one really doesn’t know for sure how it’ll react when taken before or after a methylated steroid, and the reaction may differ between steroids.
Sounds like ill be dosing the acp before and tudca after my oral

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome info here! I read that TUDCA taken before alcohol was detrimental to liver health, but while drinking -or afterwards, it was liver protective. NAC on the other hand, like brofessorx linked us to, is quite the opposite.

Seems like buying a combination of NAC, Milk Thistle and TUDCA, for the purpose of smoothing out a night of booze is a bad idea.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome info here! I read that TUDCA taken before alcohol was detrimental to liver health, but while drinking -or afterwards, it was liver protective. NAC on the other hand, like brofessorx linked us to, is quite the opposite.

Seems like buying a combination of NAC, Milk Thistle and TUDCA, for the purpose of smoothing out a night of booze is a bad idea.
Pickle power pickle juice is a better idea.
https://www.picklepower.com/product/6-1-liter-bottles-of-pickle-juice-chaser/

FRITZFURY

FRITZFURY

Banned
Awards
Agreed when I used to drink I always ask for pickles to munch on while pounding beers. I also always tried to finish a night out with a few gulps of pickle juice, sometimes having full pickle jars without any juice in them but man it helped me feel better.