Glute Injection Question

Crotalus

Awards
All pics and discussion on glute injections mention and show the injection from a position directaly behind the glute ; needle going in towrards the body , which makes it impossible to see aspiration without a mirrow, etc.

Is there any reason you can't do it from the side of the glute ; like if shooting into the right glute you'd point the needle towards the left glute.

This way you could easily see aspiration , etc . I've never read of it being done this way and wondering if there was a reason it's not done.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
you run a bigger risk of hitting nerves if you do it from the side I think... you just have to twist to be able to do a glute shot...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I've aspirated vessels too not being carful and using a mirror

Crotalus

Awards
Oh ... OK , didn't think of that being the reason. Being new to injections it seems weird to me that you'd hit a nerve easier going from one direction than another. :think:

I took my first step '... into the dark side ...' the other evening with a shot of prop into my right thigh. :cheers: It went as smooth as could be ; I didn't even realize the needle broke the skin and was in until I saw the needle 'getting shorter', LOL.

But as I expected, about 15 hours later it was pretty sore at about two or three inches below the actual injection site ( no pain at all wher the needle entered). No swelling or discoloration or worries ,etc. just more tender than you'd expect from a shot days after. I'd get in my truck and hit the steering wheel with my sore thigh and start laughing it hurt so bad, LOL.

The day after my first shot was my deadlift day and since I workout in the morning it didn't affect my peformance with that movement ... but I wonder if it was done in the evening if I'd have done so well as it was getting pretty tender nearing 24 hours after the injection.

So I was looking for more 'big' sites like glutes as if I'm to get this sore , which is why I thought of trying glutes. I'm thinking a tricep or delt injection could really **** up a workout if I'm to get this sore on a smaller muscle.

By the way, the prop was just to kick off a 500 mgs a week TE cycle so I'm hoping the soreness concern is really a temprary, prop-related thing with me and the 2X a week TE injections won't cause this kind or soreness.

hanks for the response :thumbsup:

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
It should get better as time goes on, especially when you get to the Test E. I sometimes find that shooting BEFORE the days workout seems to lessen the soreness a bit, or it is masked by the soreness of the muscle..either way its usually better for me.

Also make sure to really massage the area after you shoot. I spend about 5 mins thoroughly rubbing the inject site afterwards and it really helps the soreness the next day.

In general for me, delt shots are very painless, much moreso then quads so I would definitely give them a try...

Just a few suggestions... :)

blackjack

Awards
ventrogluteal is a piece of cake. easy to see and painless.

Crotalus

Awards
ventrogluteal is a piece of cake. easy to see and painless.
Isn't this what I was asking about coming in from the side ?

Any drawings I've seen of this vento area aren't clear to me. When I 'laid it out' on my own body from drawings I've seen , the injection site seems right on a bone. If you have better drawing or pics showing exactly where a venrogluteral shot should be, could you please post a link ?

I was looking on some nurse site but the diagrams sucked ... Like I said ... from the way I saw them, it lead to a bone, LOL.

( and I know what you're thinking .... NO , that bone it wasn't my head ) :rasp:

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
The ventroglute site is about 2 inches above the head of the femur. To find it on, e.g., the left side, stand on your left leg and lean to the right such that your hips are skewed to the left. This will make the head of the femur protrude from your leg; you can now use the heel of your hand to find it relatively easily.

Once you've found the head of the femur go north about two inches. (This should put you about 2 inches below a circumference around your body on a level with your belly button.) This is the ventroglute site.

You can shoot standing up, but don't put weight on the leg you're shooting into. It might be easier to do it lying on your side.

-kwantam

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
All pics and discussion on glute injections mention and show the injection from a position directaly behind the glute ; needle going in towrards the body , which makes it impossible to see aspiration without a mirrow, etc.

Is there any reason you can't do it from the side of the glute ; like if shooting into the right glute you'd point the needle towards the left glute.

This way you could easily see aspiration , etc . I've never read of it being done this way and wondering if there was a reason it's not done.
Yeah I know what you mean but if you shoot from the side it isn't a chance you will hit a nerve or vessel you will hit a nerve or vessel. I had my ex inject me in the side and she almost lost her mind because blood skeeted all on her shirt. She thought she really hurt me. Plus the shot hurt more than usual and I was wondering why. Well I got my answer.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Plus if you are a big lard ass ofcourse it is going to be even more difficult to see your buttocks to view aspiration. If you need another area to inject, inject into your delts. Your delts have a decent surface area for injection, yes it hurts a little bit more than the glutes but not all that much more and just use longer esters so you wont have to inject so often in the week.