In second week of PCT and now have to take a week off heavy exercise

Darlz

Awards
Okay so I'm gonna get a little personal here... But Im in my second week of PCT after a Trest/SDMZ2.0 run and after squatting on Tuesday, I noticed some discomfort in my balloon knot and discovered later that day that I have my first hemmhroid at 32... Now my issue is my training has always been even more intense during PCT.. And I never ever had a problem like this. You guys think this is gonna screw me up a bit for maintaining gains if I have to take a week or two off? And if that's the case, any advice?

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
It won't screw you as long as you are eating enough to maintain the gains. Obviously it's not ideal but you'll be ok. Best of luck man

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It will carry as many benefits as set-backs. A little rest and recovery does the body good. 2 weeks is a probably pushing it, but a week or so never hurt anybody. More of a mental hurdle, at least it would be for me.

In a situation like yours though, I would recover as much as possible so you are able to train as effectively as possible when you do get back. And if you lose some gains in that time, so be it. There are always years ahead, cycles to run, gains to get back. But not if you hurt yourself further before you're ready.

Good luck bro.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
set backs happen, what are you going to do. Gh, helps prevent these sorts of issues in terms of muscle loss.. but you can't just start gh now.

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
1-2 week break come back shock your muscles just make natty gains faster it will be fine

eastexaspower

Awards
Go to your dr an get some cream. It will b gone in 3 days an a lot less discomfort!

Darlz

Awards
Thanks for all the advice guys.. It's MUCH appreciated. I went to the Doc and got the medication cream. Gonna rest up but I'm gonna keep up on my nutrition in the meantime... Hopefully it will pass quick. Thanks again everyone.

corinthians

Awards
Dont stop! just make an effort. when you finish you can stop. well not stop you have to make a deload. but just keep pushing and dont stop mate.

Darlz

Awards
You think dropping down to some lighter weights could get me through Corinthians? Ive taken off since Tuesday, the day it happened, and it actually has been improving..

Darlz

Awards
Thank you! .. I decided to take off till sunday and see where im at. Hopefully Monday we can start light and work our way up ... Just gonna focus on eating a **** ton over the next few days. I have to admit, when i first considered asking advice about this problem, I thought I was gonna get laughed at. Thank for the help tho guys!

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Most of us have probably dealt with one form of setback or another. I think we all try to keep it respectful and open on here. No need to be shy.