I took steroids when I was 18. What did I mess up?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
When I was in high school, steroids were everywhere. Everyone was taking them. There were so many HUGE 16 year olds running around, it was unbelievable. The male teachers in our school starting taking steroids just to keep up with the kids. The young guys were just too big and menacing. It was quite interesting watching one of these steroids teachers get pissed...

Anyway. I waited until after high school. I was eighteen years old and did Andriol (1-2 pills per day for about 8 weeks). I actually made gains, believe it or not. Next up was Deca Durabolin for about 8 weeks before I turned 19. I might have fit-in an 8 week cycle of Dianabol before I turned 21 as well, and then I did some Sustanon shortly after that...

What did I screw-up being that I took steroids before I was 21 years old? I know I may have stunted my growth, but I'm a couple of inches taller than my Father so I probably turned out okay - atleast not too far from what I would have been.. What other types of things did I screw-up? If there was an internet back then that I could have learned from, I'd have waited. That's what's so great about places like this, anabolicminds.com - kids actually have this place to read about the dangers before going through with anything...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you ZT. I'm very pleased a place such as AM exists for those (myself included) to learn from. I just wish there was an internet around when I was in high school.

Anyways...I don't think you "screwed" yourself up by doing aas's prior to 21 years. Personally, I think the age limit is set mainly because the male body is not finished developing until it's 21-24 years old. During those years, one should try to attain what they can naturally before chemically enhancing themselves. One would keep the natural gains throughout their life better. I'm sure there are other areas to consider as well. Such as, one's level of maturity and responsibility.

I had several opportunities to try aas's when I was in my late teens, early 20's. I was just too paranoid to try them. I was filling out at the time, and already brining on attention of people asking if I was doing roids. I'm sure if I had, I would have been misinformed and done the cycle improperly.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Cool.. I did pretty light cycles so I'm guessing I might have made it out without screwing anything up - atleast not too bad. When I was doing injectibles, I never pulled-back to check for blood.. I haven't done AAS since, so, I actually never did that.. I also didn't know very much about PCT. I had some Nolvadex and Proviron for two cycles, but that was it. I didn't have anything for my Sustanon 250 or my Dianabol...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well the only way to truly know is the get some blood tests done and see where yor total and free test levels are at .. of course even if they are low you won't know for sure if it was the gear or just genetic

CaptAmera9

Awards
I have a lot of friends who have done them really young, like 14-16, and they did them improperly with no pct's most of the time. They blew up like baloons and crushed the other high school kids. All state football players in high school, go figure. They're all around 25 now and all seem fine, but who knows how it might affect them later in life. I'm betting that the chances are your fine but like glen said you never know until you get blood work done. And then again everybody is different. Knowing what I know now I would have blazed them for using the way they did with no pct, and really not knowing what they were putting into their bodies. But hey we were all kids once and we all made mistakes, lets just be thankful were livin to tell about them.