EVERYONE please read this

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i posted this a few months ago but i wanted to post it again

regarding anyone under 21 that wants to use aas

well don't!
this problem comes up pretty much daily around here and its really frustrating
people under 21 yet over 18 are more than welcome to ask questions and look around do research but DO NOT START CYCLING UNTIL 21 YEARS OF AGE

kids that are 17 and 18 asking questions about their proposed cycles don't realize that their natural test levels will never again be as high as they currently are ... with protein, creatine, glutamine, a good diet, proper rest, and proper training you will grow like a freaking weed! you don't need ph/ps/aas at that age to faciliate growth

on top of that, they can and will stunt your growth
"but glen, i'm done growing so screw you i'm gonna cycle"
alright you may be done growing height wise (i was at 16) but that doesn't mean that your hormonal system is anywhere near stable ... your body is still trying to reach a point of homeostasis and you've got all kinds of absurd test levels flying around ... by jumping to ph/ps/aas too young you can permantly screw up this system which could lead to hormone replacement therapy because your body got confused at 17 or 18 years old and now you NEED exogeneous test -- that's not fun

focus on training, resting, and most importantly diet (and this goes for everyone i don't care how old you are) WITHOUT A GREAT DIET KISS ANY GAINS GOODBYE even if you get gains on cycle, they will disappear without a proper diet shortly thereafter

if you eat your face off at that age you will gain quickly trust me on this one
the problem is too many younger kids don't realize they aren't training quickly or think they are getting way more protein and cals than they actually are (it is really not that easy to take in 300-400 grams of protein day) and those that do reach it often do so because of shakes that are through their system before they can absorb most of it anyway -- stick to whole foods

please this comes up all the time and its really frustrating and worrisome that so many younger guys want to jump straight to gear, there will be PLENTY of time for cycles when you reach the appropriate age and have years of training and research behind you

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I used to be friends with this guy in high school that was buit kinda like Glen, a little smaller, but same level of development. He sat around at 5'7 190lbs or so. Anywho when ever summer would come on he would do some gear. Not much mind you, because he only gained around 10lbs in 8 weeks. He would time it so he came off right when he headed to the beach for a week. Now I don't know what he used or his PCT regime,because I didn't care. I was not intrested in gear when I was 18-21. All I did was eat and lift. But thats not the point. The point is that my friend ALWAYS lost what ever he gained because he did not have the knowledge to keep it. His diet was crap...lots of beer on the weekends and a normal teen diet with some Weider protein shakes thrown in.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
I started when I was 18, so i guess it's too late. Anyone know when Arnold started?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Good re-post Glen. :thumbsup: (Adding to your reputation.)

I'm not sure how old Arnold was when he started, but he had to be very young. Maybe from his mother's milk??? :D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Arnold was and is a genetic freak to begin with. Photos of him from his early teens seem to show a perfect meso physique that looks natty to me. He probably didn't get exposed to dbol et al until much later and it was icing on the genetic cake. In other words I think he built a super-solid natty physique THEN added AAS but I could be wrong.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i have no proof but i agree with bioman

i've seen pictures from when he was 14 and i'd love to be that big some day lol

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Couldn't agree more. I'd also like to add that just like any other drug that has psychological effects, using AAS while going through some serious hormonal changes and personality changes (those that take place when your a teen/in your early 20's for some) is a very bad idea. While I don't think that the drug laws are there entirely to protect the children, it does make sense that using certain drugs while developing into an adult is a bad idea. The ability of a teenager/young adult to discern between good idea and bad idea while on whatever the compound my be is very questionable AT BEST when they're going through these changes.

In the end I'll say the same thing I always say. When you make the decision to use AAS remember you're not just doing that independently. Like it or not our society has put all of us in the same box, and whatever one person does wrong will be cast upon us all. Make you decisions knowing this and be aware of this. I always like to compare it to alcohol. Some people get drunk and they get really horny. Does that mean that they should go around mounting every girl they see like it or not? Of course not. Do people do this? Most don't. Same goes for AAS. Know that what you're feeling might have something to do with what you've chosen to take. Then take responsibility for that decision, otherwise you're just part of the problem and truly have no "love of the game".

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
did you say you stopped growing height wise at 16 or 6? j/k glen. Great post bro.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Damn Glen, you looking for rep points or what brotha....just fvckin with ya. Great post!

I was actually one of the idiots that jumped the boat early on. Through hard work, at 17 yrs of age, my weight was a farely lean 220 on my 6.0" frame. I had/have good genetics, and was able to utilize them throughout high school sports. Shortly after football, I developed a thyroidal duct cist that required surgery (2) and other issues, that in total, led to a loss of 20-25 lbs from lack of training. When I came back, I was under the impression that if I hit it 2-3 x as hard, it would come back that much faster....obviously I was not versed in the theory of overtraining...lol.

Well, that went on for a while and the summer before college (18), I dabbled into the dark side to gain back my former size....I was one of the lucky ones that never went overboard and had a great base. THis by no means should ever make one want to start early. If I had a chance to do it all over again, believe me, I would in a heart beat!!

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Good Post.
Never hurts to keep driving this info home to the younger guys.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Teenagers should also realize that I will ban them if they start sniffing around the AAS sections.

You can look, you can read, but if you start posting and asking questions about it or looking for sources, you are gone. I won't have the existence of this board jeopardized.

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
arnold actually started taking d-bol at the age of 15 under the "guidance" of his doctor. Whatever that means. But this by no means says be like arnold and do dbol... for all we know he could have some very serious helth problems, i believe he had some sort of heart surgery not too long ago... who knows if his balls work anymore.

.. i know Lee priest at age 19 with deca... most pros started very young. Probly one of the reasons they mostly die young.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
arnold actually started taking d-bol at the age of 15 under the "guidance" of his doctor. Whatever that means. But this by no means says be like arnold and do dbol... for all we know he could have some very serious helth problems, i believe he had some sort of heart surgery not too long ago... who knows if his balls work anymore.

.. i know Lee priest at age 19 with deca... most pros started very young. Probly one of the reasons they mostly die young.
I highly doubt the fact that pro's start early is the reason "they mostly die young." Do you have any idea the amount of drugs these guys take? Loads of steroids, loads of painkillers, diruetics... huge weight fluctations, carrying 300lbs for much of the year, etc etc

The legimate risk for younger people (besides obviously growth plates) is that you can alter the chemistry of your brain, perhaps making you more aggressive for a time period.

Saying things like "you're gonna die" or "you're gonna ruin your endocrine system" will not stop a single kid from doing steroids, just like saying "you're gonna go crazy" didn't stop people from smoking pot. When you make extremely exaggerated statements like that, a kid will see that someone who did steroids and didn't die, and will just think you're bull****ting them 100%.

Just present the REAL disadvantages and advantages, and then they can make an informed choice.

BTW Arnold's heart surgery was to repair a defective valve that he had from birth, I believe.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am 19.
I don't think my test levels are that high.
I have 4 bottles of SD and 2 of PP.
I have everything needed to run a cycle except milk thistle.
I won't be running a cycle for as long as possible. (years)
I am responsible. Thinking maybe I could make my SD & PP into an investment with a decent return in the future.
I blame kids my age for using for some of the current legal issues.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Saying things like "you're gonna die" or "you're gonna ruin your endocrine system" will not stop a single kid from doing steroids, just like saying "you're gonna go crazy" didn't stop people from smoking pot. When you make extremely exaggerated statements like that, a kid will see that someone who did steroids and didn't die, and will just think you're bull****ting them 100%.

Just present the REAL disadvantages and advantages, and then they can make an informed choice.

BTW Arnold's heart surgery was to repair a defective valve that he had from birth, I believe.

Thats exactly what I always say. I'll have to give you reps for that.

When the media exaggerates things to scare kids, they are under the immpression that the kids are oblivious to evidence around them that draws questions to the credibility of some of the things that they are told, wich in turn causes them to have doubts about the credibility of everything else their told even if SOME of it is true. We should state our personal position on the matter, but be OBJECTIVE and tell them the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Then re-emphasize WHY we take the position that they shouldnt do that thing.....weather its AAS, pot, crack, heroin, promiscous unprotected sex, or playing with guns or matches or whatever. You cant just say "Drugs are bad mmmmkay. You shouldnt do drugs....mmmmmkay." That never works. If I hadnt been lied to and exaggerated to so much as a kid, I might of trusted some of things that WERE actually a good idea to listen to, and could have avoided some of the mistakes I made in my teens and early 20's. But when you know your being bullsh*ted by someone who appears to have a much different agenda then you then you dont know WHAT to believe and what not to.

phasar

Awards
  • Established

what kind of post is this? give me the name of 5 pros who you deem died younger than they should of. give me the age that they died at. and then give me the age that you "feel" they should have died at, if they had not been a pro bodybuilder.

otherwise shut up.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established

What you fail to understand is that we have learned a bit more on how AAS screws up your body in the years after all of this sh** happened

*Bulldog*

Awards
Great post Glen....I totally agree bro :thumbsup:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Had to give you some of them hard-earned reps... You gonna catch up to me and I won't feel special anymore... :( Anything for the younger generation... No sacrifice is too much... ;)