Help w/ Liver Values...

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
Could someone help me read my wifes liver test. She's 5'3 103 lbs and 35 years old. Some seemed a little high but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Hemoglobin 15.9 g/dl
Hematocrit 46.4 %
MCV 102 fl
MCH 35.0 pg
AST 75 IU/L
ALT 61 IU/L

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
Come on, all these educated people on this board. Someone has got to be able to read these results. I trust my Dr. but always like to get a second opinion. Thanks guys.

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Could someone help me read my wifes liver test. She's 5'3 103 lbs and 35 years old. Some seemed a little high but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Hemoglobin 15.9 g/dl
Hematocrit 46.4 %
MCV 102 fl
MCH 35.0 pg
AST 75 IU/L
ALT 61 IU/L
Hemoglobin and Hematocrit are very good and at high end of range (a good thing).
MCV and MCH are based off of hemoglobin, so they are good.
The normal value for AST is 0-35 IU/L
The normal value for ALT is 5-35 IU/L
AST and ALT are elevated.

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
Thank you for the reply. Any reason for concern on the AST and ALT levels?

James007

Banned
Awards
Without baseline figures you can't really judge if they're elevated or not. You should have another test done.

Also, keep in mind, is she on any type of medication? Any supplements? What's her drug usage like?

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
No meds,supps or drug use. However, she probably consumes over a case of beer a week.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LMFAO! Alcohol is so much worse for you than steroids...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Liver Enzymes are not too high, she needs to go back in around 8-12 weeks from now, and get them checked again. If they are still high tell her to back of of the beer for awhile and have them checked again to see if this helps. Although the values are really not bad at all.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Baselines aren't very helpful...

Mcv is a little high. May want to increase folate and b12 in diet. Inj. b12 or some dibencozide sublinguals.

Liver is fine

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
Thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate it.

James007

Banned
Awards
Tell her to stop drinking?

I think it was the late Daniel Duchaine who commented that a beer was equivelant to an Anadrol 50 in respect to liver toxicity.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Tell her to stop drinking?

I think it was the late Daniel Duchaine who commented that a beer was equivelant to an Anadrol 50 in respect to liver toxicity.
interesting.