Filtering into smaller vials?

LilDon

Awards
I have 50ml of Test susp+prop 200mg/ml in a 50ml lotion bottle (IP) and I'd like to filter it into smaller vials(20ml) and dilute it to 100mg/ml with cotton seed oil.

Do I need to use a fresh syringe filter for each vial?
Also, should i filter in the test than the oil or should i filter the oil first?

Thanks

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'd use one filter per compound.

I.E. if you have EQ & Test, have to filters.

JMO.

LilDon

Awards
I'd use one filter per compound.

I.E. if you have EQ & Test, have to filters.

JMO.
So in my case I would only need one filter to filter the 50ml of Test into five 20ml vials?

Thanks for the quick response guys :wave:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
sounds good to me, bro, best of luck......and be sure to deal with the pressure issue when you're transferring.

I.E. If you pump out 25mL of oil from the 50mL bottle and do not replace that 25mL with air, you're going to have a screwed up pressure situation and it may take you an extremely long time to transfer.

Same goes with adding to vials. If you add oil, remove air, etc.

LilDon

Awards
sounds good to me, bro, best of luck......and be sure to deal with the pressure issue when you're transferring.

I.E. If you pump out 25mL of oil from the 50mL bottle and do not replace that 25mL with air, you're going to have a screwed up pressure situation and it may take you an extremely long time to transfer.

Same goes with adding to vials. If you add oil, remove air, etc.

'k gotcha- I'll stick a 20g needle in the rubber stopper when I'm drawing out the oil/gear or filtering into a vial.

Thanks!