General PH questions: "the other daily stuff"
- 04-20-2005, 06:02 PM
General PH questions: "the other daily stuff"
I am learning tons of info on PHs as far as side effect, types, etc. but some of the more general "daily activities" stuff I am clueless. Obviously I want to KNOW everything before starting anything.
I planned to use 1-ad, 4ad and PCT with 6 oxo.
Please address the following:
1) While on PHs, shall i continue taking my standard supplements? These consist of Whey and creatine, looking to also start ZMA and glutamine.
2) While on PHs, should I just eat like crazy with no regard to calories just to make sure i intake enough stuff to grow? Like red meant, chicken, tuna, pasta, milk, etc? OR will this make me incredibly fat? i am not fat now, in fact have trouble gaining weight.
3) While on PCTherapy, shall i continue the same workout i was using while on PH? Do i take it easier?
4) I understand the above PHs aren't nearly as potent as some of the other cycles, so besides 6-OXO, what else shall is recommended to take to assist recovery?
- 04-20-2005, 06:15 PM
I suggest doing more research. Get your diet more in check before starting your cycle. I would eat alot of quality foods, not pasta and red meat (unless very lean(. There is a post in the aas forum about training while on and off, its a good one take a look at it.
- 04-20-2005, 06:28 PM
1. Protein from whole food sources is probably better; save the whey for pre/post workout. On the other hand, you should be consuming protein in the 1.5g - 2g per LB range while on, so do what you must.
Creatine and ZMA seems pointless to me when you are using androgens, but they may have a place in PCT. Glutamine won't make it past the gut, it generally worthless except for immune support for endurance athletes.
2. While on androgens you have more anabolic hormones and better default nutrient partitioning, however it is still calories in / calories out. If you are not worried about leanness then you could start with a 500 - 1000 calorie surplus and adjust accordingly.
3. I would suggest dropping volume and frequency by 2/3. Train with heavier weights than while you were using androgens. Working in the 3-6 rep range works well for me.
4. I never used those compounds and it looks like a silly cycle - to me anyway. Get some anti-e just in case. I use nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate) for PCT.
Honestly, I do not think you are ready yet. I would suggest something like S1+ or possibly just 1T for your first cycle. Do more research - you will be happy you did.
04-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Hell yes i am not ready! I was smart and got some before the ban, but i am just as smart not to start before full knowledge is acheived. Fact is, my muscles are only now just getting use to doing supersets and what not. For years i just wasnt going intense enough OR eating enough.Originally Posted by Oatmeal_King
As far as that cycle choice, i purposely picked it because it is a popular one for beginners. 1 T was not recommended for newbies.
And its funny about ZMA and glutamine, 50% swaer by it, 50% say its a waste.
Thanks for the replies.
04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I am of the school of thought that red meat is excellent for you if you dont have cholesterol problems. Red meat gets a bad rap.
I avoided it for years until i started reading about all the benefits. Everything in moderation. Since i started working our seriously I eat about 2-3 steaks a week. Yummm.....
04-20-2005, 07:03 PM
ZMA can be effective if you have a diet deficient in minerals, otherwise seems dubious.
Red meat is an excellent source of iron, zinc, carnitine and b vitmamins. Just choose lean cuts and you will be golden.
I don't have time or inclination to get into to details but glutamine -as glutamine - will not survive the gut. It is good for digestive health and immune support, but all you will get out of it is alanine and a carbon skeleton.
04-21-2005, 03:03 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't 1AD convert to 1-test and have exactly the same effects (good and bad) as 1-test? 1AD basically is 1-test.
04-21-2005, 03:21 AM
- 5'10" lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
- Rep Power
Imj2x, you're right. It's target hormone is 1-Test. Now, you couldn't call those two equals, but you've got the jest of it.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Bubbagump in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-02-2012, 11:49 PM
- By jwayne in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
- By domstriker in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-13-2009, 05:31 AM
- By lou38 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
- By Suryoyo in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 10-09-2008, 05:02 AM