Injecting into the glutes

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I am curious as to how the **** someone goes about doing this. I am can't even see half my ass when I turn my torso. How does one reach around to do this? Does anyone have a site that has step by step directions w/pics (no I dont wanna see a dudes ass, but I guess ill have to if I wanna know)

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally I don't like doing them... Seems to be more blood vessels.. and bleeding. But when I do, I lay on my bed. Sort of on my belly with one leg out straight, and the other bent, I prop myself up on on one elbow with more help from a pillow so I'm twisted and facing the my arse... I can only barely see the injection site... but what's important is that you can see the aspiration.

Standing up is too much a pain in the arse. Pardon the pun. :p

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
poobah---where do you prefer to inject?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
But when I do, I lay on my bed. Sort of on my belly with one leg out straight, and the other bent, I prop myself up on on one elbow with more help from a pillow so I'm twisted and facing the my arse... I can only barely see the injection site... but what's important is that you can see the aspiration.
And you think STANDING is a bigger pain in the ass?

lol

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And you think STANDING is a bigger pain in the ass?

lol
Yes... YES I DO! Now stop laughing at me... You'll hurt my feelings. :trout:

:)

My favorites are in order.... Quads, Delts, Traps, Tri's

I'll do bi's and Pecs... and occasionaly I'll hit the arse. :p

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I would be afraid to inject into anything other than glutes and quads just cuz the other muscles are so much smaller. Beezlebub suggested not to do quads cuz of all the blood vessels in them

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would be afraid to inject into anything other than glutes and quads just cuz the other muscles are so much smaller. Beezlebub suggested not to do quads cuz of all the blood vessels in them
You sure he didn't say calves? Definately don't do calves...

To tell you the truth, everyones is different.... I have rarely hit a vessel in my quads (never asperated blood yet), and only bleed a few times on exit... but I bleed alot from my glute, it seems. The quad(thigh) is a solid injection site. Granted my quads, seem to be very sensitive, and breaking the skin with the needle can sometimes be quite painful. The glute seems to be pretty painless.

But the pain ain't nothin to worry about anyway.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
isnt there more of a chance of hitting something when one injects in to somthing like the delt or the tri? If ones delts arent that big, couldnt they even hit bone?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Stand up straight, feel the upper/outer "ridge" of the glute, and inject slightly down and into it with the needle angled towards the center of your body. You can lean the arm you're not injecting with against a wall if that makes you more comfortable.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
when you said upper half your talking about closer to your back right?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
great site dude thanks.....ok guys dont flame me but i am having trouble understanding exactly what aspiration is. Is it the actual pushing of the oil into the muscle?

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
great site dude thanks.....ok guys dont flame me but i am having trouble understanding exactly what aspiration is. Is it the actual pushing of the oil into the muscle?
Holy crap.. no.

Aspiration is done once the needle is inserted into the muscle... you pull back on the plunger creating a vacuum inside the syringe (air bubbles should form in the syringe).... if your in a vein blood will enter the syringe.

The whole point of aspiration is to check and see if your in a vein... if you inject into a vein, you could die man. What you want to see is air bubbles.

I sure hope you haven't injected yet.. cause that's scary.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
dude...i am not where near injecting so dont worry.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
if its a vaccum shouldnt there be no bubbles? I thought your supposed to make sure there are no bubbles in the needle before injecting

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Though aspiration is a very good idea, the odds of hitting a vein DIRECTLY on are pretty low, and the odds of death even from injecting into one lower still.

Having injected partially into a vein I will attest that it is unpleasant however.

Edit: You want to avoid large air bubbles when injecting into a vein as this may cause a embolism leading to stroke or other complications. An air bubble in the muscle is nothing to worry about.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I have heard of doing this before, I just didnt know it was called aspiration. Looks like doing this would be hard when injecting into the glutes. Having to pull first and then push, damn.

thunder31

Awards
Look up "ventrogluteal injections" great place to inject (hip) w/ no pain.
Do a google search.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
anyone else have any experience with ventrogluteal injections? Seems pretty good, I am having trouble finding pics though on the web.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I've seen diagrams, there are some floating around on this board, do a search. Basically put your pointer and index fingers on the crest of the pelvic bone on the side of your hip in a V shape. Then inject near the bottom of the V where your fingers meet your hand.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using the ventroglutes in my first injectible cycle, and found it be an incredibly easy site to use. To find the site, squeeze your glutes together, and look to your sides, just behind/above the hipbone for the protruding muscle. There should be a dimple formed, inject in the muscle just above the dimple. As exnihilo has stated, there are a few threads on this exact subject on the board to be found with a search. I've posted some pics in one of them that should be of use to you.

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25016&highlight=ventroglute

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Here's a website you can check out that has directions on spot injections, along with pics. CLICK HERE

Hope this helps.

Bammy

Awards
I've been using the ventroglutes in my first injectible cycle, and found it be an incredibly easy site to use. To find the site, squeeze your glutes together, and look to your sides, just behind/above the hipbone for the protruding muscle. There should be a dimple formed, inject in the muscle just above the dimple. As exnihilo has stated, there are a few threads on this exact subject on the board to be found with a search. I've posted some pics in one of them that should be of use to you.

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25016&highlight=ventroglute
The pic you have on that thread and the one in the nurses handbook for ventrogluteal differ. The handbook shows it more towards the front on the body. Which place is preferred?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I have never shot anything other than my quads or ass. I love shooting my quads, but you do run a risk of hitting more nerves, but it never hurt the next day like my ass did. I got my gf to shoot me in the glutes each time. Made it so much easier... I would just lay there and watch TV while she would inject me. So get a GF, thats the best way to inject :) :)

Gary46080

Awards
I have never shot anything other than my quads or ass. I love shooting my quads, but you do run a risk of hitting more nerves, but it never hurt the next day like my ass did. I got my gf to shoot me in the glutes each time. Made it so much easier... I would just lay there and watch TV while she would inject me. So get a GF, thats the best way to inject :) :)
I have my girlfriend do the exact same thing. She is completely fine with it as she deals with needles at work anyways. This is another good site that shows how to do a glute injection

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-glute-injection.asp

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
For me I usually lay down on the bed with my stomach up... Which ever side i decide to hit, i just cross over that leg like i am trying to stretch... Look down the glutes and pin it. But I have a questions for you guys who hit your quads, is the pain not severe? I tried moving at different points on my quads(tried to stick to outter and same thing). Did the same thing with both quads...

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
For me I usually lay down on the bed with my stomach up... Which ever side i decide to hit, i just cross over that leg like i am trying to stretch... Look down the glutes and pin it. But I have a questions for you guys who hit your quads, is the pain not severe? I tried moving at different points on my quads(tried to stick to outter and same thing). Did the same thing with both quads...
I pinned outer and there was never a problem, but you do have a good chance of hitting a nerve in the quad. I enjoy it more than glutes though as it's more comfortable. I normally sit on the toilet because its so low to the ground I have my leg straightened out more so there is more meat.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Bammy, the first diagram is more accurate.. The picture in the link shows the right spot, but is deceptive as it looks farther back towards the dorsoglute (regular glute site).

Basically pin in the center of the small fleshy triangle of muscle under the iliac crest, as it shows... you can find it with your fingers.. it is a dense/tender feeling spot. It is by far my favorite place to pin (especially painful gear) and can hold large amounts of oil in depot.

Bammy

Awards
Bammy, the first diagram is more accurate.. The picture in the link shows the right spot, but is deceptive as it looks farther back towards the dorsoglute (regular glute site).

Basically pin in the center of the small fleshy triangle of muscle under the iliac crest, as it shows... you can find it with your fingers.. it is a dense/tender feeling spot. It is by far my favorite place to pin (especially painful gear) and can hold large amounts of oil in depot.
Great, thanks for the help. Is it best to do is standing, seated, or lying?

Bammy

Awards
ventro inj seated = piece of cake!

But is it supposed to ache like a golf ball hit you just a minute after?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
ventro inj seated = piece of cake!

But is it supposed to ache like a golf ball hit you just a minute after?
If its your first time and you didn't rub it for a good 3-5 minutes after that then yes. Get some heat and rubbing on that sucker pronto.

Bammy

Awards
If its your first time and you didn't rub it for a good 3-5 minutes after that then yes. Get some heat and rubbing on that sucker pronto.
Good advice, that works nicely. Never needed heat or anything for quads, but I guess each muscle takes time to get accustomed to it.

You all are very helpful thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
TESTP89 Anabolics 38
Anabolics 53
R1187 Anabolics 6
Anabolics 19