Olympus UK Mass GH and Periactin: a match made in bulking heaven?

Therealmr

Awards
I am currently stacking Olympus UK L3gend with 4mg periactin daily. I just started, so still on 4mg for both.

However, now I am kicking myself for not trying Mass GH as well. Here's why:

MK-677 acts as a potent growth hormone secretagogue that is active through oral administration. MK-677 mimics the action of ghrelin in the stomach. As a result this raises growth hormone and IGF-1 levels, but does not affect cortisol levels. Human studies have shown MK-677 to increase both muscle mass and bone mineral density. At 25mg daily, Ibutamoren has been shown, in humans, to increase IGF-1 levels 60% in 6 week. A 72% increase in IGF-1 levels was seen after 12 months. MK 677 is non-hormonal, and therefore requires no PCT after cycle is over. MK-677 can best be utilized in at least a 3 month cycle with dosage increasing each month.
This seems extremely synergistic with periactin, the antihistamine, and here's why:

- Periactin makes your appetite explode
Explode. I am not kidding. If you have a troubled appetite, nervous stomach, GERD, or just want to eat more, periactin wipes out the notion of "feeling full." The only notion of fullness is how tight my pants feel at a particular time, your mileage may vary.

For this reason, I've always wanted to see what would happen if Periactin were paired with something anabolic (like LGD-4033, an ingredient in Mass GH).

- Periactin lowers cortisol

but
-Periactin suppresses GH secretion. I take it midday, because it interferes with REM sleep, and GH is secreted during sleep.

When you first start taking periactin, it knocks you out, but that subsides.

*I do not have enough posts to link to studies, but google gives them quickly.

So, periactin will lower cortisol, is anti-estrogenic, will explode your appetite, with the drawback of decreasing GH secretion, which may be helped by Mass GH, which will also help with appetite. My theory is that Mass GH will actually make you hungry (based on its ghrelin claims) while Periactin will make you not feel full (lots of personal experience). Throw in LGD-4033 into the mix and I am dying to see what this combo would be like.

I may have to log my LGD-4033 + periactin in the hopes of inspiring someone to try this.

CJNator

Awards
Sounds good if you're not worried about fat gain yates84

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I also like Periactin but many people get drowsy side effects from it. It also sort of quit working for me after a month or so.

The Yolkster

The Yolkster

Banned
Awards
Can't it increase the chance of rebound gyno if it's "anti-estrogenic"?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can't it increase the chance of rebound gyno if it's "anti-estrogenic"?
I've never heard of Periactin having any anti-estrogenic effects. It reduces cortisol output though.

It's just basically an antihistamine that has a side effect of massively increasing your appetite. Beyond that, the cortisol reduction and the drowsiness there isn't much.

The Yolkster

The Yolkster

Banned
Awards
I've never heard of Periactin having any anti-estrogenic effects. It reduces cortisol output though.

It's just basically an antihistamine that has a side effect of massively increasing your appetite. Beyond that, the cortisol reduction and the drowsiness there isn't much.
Op said it was "anti-estrogenic"

Therealmr

Awards

Antihistamines in general have anti-estrogenic properties.

Therealmr

Awards
Do you have a source for this? I've never heard this before.
I was wrong, I tried looking for it but I can't find anything either. I must have mixed something up in my head. I will edit OP.

Hastur

Awards
Hastur whatcha think ?
Cyproheptadine is an interesting compound, never seen it used in such a way though. Its a pretty standard first generation anti-histamine, the most common off label use is for SSRI induced sexual dysfunction. The increase in appetite is supposedly notable, but I never noticed it. I haven't come across anything to suggest is was anti-estrogenic in any meaningful way, but I may have simply never come across the data. I'm an endomorph myself, so I have no need to increase hunger for the sake of weight gain. But I would think MK-677 would have a greater effect as a Ghrelin mimetic on hunger, and obviously increases GH significantly, so I can't see a reason to combine it with Cyproheptadine. Unless you have allergies, but even then I'd go for loratadine.

Hastur

Awards
Where do people typically get periactin, though?
Otc anti-histamine available at most stores that sell cold medicine and whatnot. Easy to come by, just check the label.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for results

Therealmr

Awards
Interesting, thanks. Ecto checking in lol.
I think Hastur is mistaken unless you two are not from the US.

In the US it is prescription only. You cannot get it over the counter in US in any form.

I have had it prescribed to help my appetite with GERD. They prescribe it pretty freely.

It is OTC in Canada, and available online from Canadian pharmacies. That's where I got my current supply, it was 65$ for 100 4mg tablets, and 4mg/day has been sufficient.

If you do ever decide to try it, I recommend that your first two doses are on days where you don't have to do much. You're going to be essentially a hibernating bear on your first dose, you'll sleep and eat all day.

Therealmr

Awards
The increase in appetite is supposedly notable, but I never noticed it.
It must vary from person to person. I have a lot of trouble eating. There are some days where my appetite doesn't even allow me to eat enough to feel good. I have vomited after eating three slices of pizza on two separate occasions. My stomach is very finicky. My GERD will cause me to vomit acid in the morning if I go a few days without Omeprazole, and then I won't be able to eat at all due to nausea until late afternoon.

I went from 5'8" 135 to 165 lbs only by utilizing a lot of liquid calories. Getting in 2000 calories a day of solid food is extremely difficult under normal circumstances. On periactin, my limiting factor is how many opportunities I have to eat. I put away 4000 cals easily on periactin. (Yes, these are all logged). Periactin doesn't make me "hungry", it just puts me always in an "eh, I could eat" type of feeling. I still have to aim to consume a lot of calories.

It's been a game changer, for me. Probably the single most effective thing I've ever tried.

GetRekt

Awards
I think Hastur is mistaken unless you two are not from the US.

In the US it is prescription only. You cannot get it over the counter in US in any form.

I have had it prescribed to help my appetite with GERD. They prescribe it pretty freely.

It is OTC in Canada, and available online from Canadian pharmacies. That's where I got my current supply, it was 65$ for 100 4mg tablets, and 4mg/day has been sufficient.

If you do ever decide to try it, I recommend that your first two doses are on days where you don't have to do much. You're going to be essentially a hibernating bear on your first dose, you'll sleep and eat all day.
I'm in Canada, so that's no worries.

The worries would be the sleepiness lol. Is it sleepiness or lethargy? Because I'm already lethargic as is lol

Therealmr

Awards
I'm in Canada, so that's no worries.

The worries would be the sleepiness lol. Is it sleepiness or lethargy? Because I'm already lethargic as is lol
It's hard for me to separate the two. You definitely want to sleep and it's very hard to stay awake (I had to go for a walk and get a coffee at work).

This doesn't last though, it's not like you'll be tired for a three month period, for me it's just one or two days, and then it stops.

If you stop for a while (been a year for me) and start again, you'll have that initial tiredness again.

If you are an ectomorph then I would say that there is very little reason not to give it a shot. Apparently there was a Canadian on another bb forum who asked for it at a pharmacy, and the pharmacist asked if he was lifting, lol.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Otc anti-histamine available at most stores that sell cold medicine and whatnot. Easy to come by, just check the label.
OTC antihistamines are not going to boost the appetite like Periactin does. You can find it in online pharmacies if you look around for it.

It must vary from person to person. I have a lot of trouble eating. There are some days where my appetite doesn't even allow me to eat enough to feel good. I have vomited after eating three slices of pizza on two separate occasions. My stomach is very finicky. My GERD will cause me to vomit acid in the morning if I go a few days without Omeprazole, and then I won't be able to eat at all due to nausea until late afternoon.

I went from 5'8" 135 to 165 lbs only by utilizing a lot of liquid calories. Getting in 2000 calories a day of solid food is extremely difficult under normal circumstances. On periactin, my limiting factor is how many opportunities I have to eat. I put away 4000 cals easily on periactin. (Yes, these are all logged). Periactin doesn't make me "hungry", it just puts me always in an "eh, I could eat" type of feeling. I still have to aim to consume a lot of calories.

It's been a game changer, for me. Probably the single most effective thing I've ever tried.
I have the same condition as you and have the same problems. I recommend using an old school bodybuilding supplement, liver tabs. I take 12 Ultra40 tablets a day which gives me 24g of extra protein a day and is rich in iron and B vitamins which Omeprazole can inhibit from being absorbed properly. I actually became anemic after using it for long enough, but I need to control my GERD. It's just a good supplement for hardgainers trying to get enough calories in and some people also claim it boosts the appetite.

Therealmr

Awards
So, I ordered some Mass GH.

I planned on increasing Legend to 3 caps/day, but instead may end the cycle with 2 caps/day Legend, 1 cap/day Mass GH. What do you guys think?

CJNator

Awards
So what is your layout going to look like? I can't tell from that post.

thatguy1234

thatguy1234

Banned
Awards
ordered some from the nutriverse blowout, just to have on hand someday. interested to see your gains.

GetRekt

Awards
I've been to like 4 different drug stores here in Vancouver and everyone has said that Canada doesn't carry periactin any more

Therealmr

Awards
I've been to like 4 different drug stores here in Vancouver and everyone has said that Canada doesn't carry periactin any more
Sorry bro, I don't know anything about that. I was able to order it from CanadaDrugs.com just fine.

It's been exactly one month, I can report some results now. It's been tremendously successful. I am up about 8 lbs, and workouts feel excellent.

My cycle followed the following progression:

4 mg periactin, 4 mg Legend (first two weeks)
4 mg periactin, 8 mg Legend (second two weeks)
4 mg periactin, 8 mg Mass GH, 4 mg Legend (now, to be maintained for 6 weeks).

GetRekt

Awards
Sorry bro, I don't know anything about that. I was able to order it from CanadaDrugs.com just fine.

It's been exactly one month, I can report some results now. It's been tremendously successful. I am up about 8 lbs, and workouts feel excellent.

My cycle followed the following progression:

4 mg periactin, 4 mg Legend (first two weeks)
4 mg periactin, 8 mg Legend (second two weeks)
4 mg periactin, 8 mg Mass GH, 4 mg Legend (now, to be maintained for 6 weeks).
Very exciting results! How much of a surplus are you in, and how easy is it to get the food down?

Therealmr

Awards
Very exciting results! How much of a surplus are you in, and how easy is it to get the food down?
There is no difficulty involved with getting food down at all, after the morning. In the morning, I still have GERD-like symptoms no matter what, but they are very minor. I do have to force feed in the morning, or not eat. This may just be because I don't take the periactin until 11 am, though.

This hasn't been an issue, though. I can eat a surplus if I start eating around noon with no problems. Since I am a graduate student also working two jobs (combining to around 35 hrs a week) I am not able to eat very clean.

If I'm honest, I have no idea what my caloric maintenance is anymore because I suspect it has changed drastically. I can only say for certain that I am between 3000-4000 cals every day, and I am currently 165 lbs (at 5'8" ). This is back up to the heaviest I've ever been, which was done with tons of liquid calories. Not only was this a much more reasonable climb back up, but also, there is absolutely no signs of any slowing. It was so hard to get to 165 lbs with GERD symptoms that I essentially gave up because it was not maintainable and I felt horrible, I knew that something was wrong. Now, it's not a big deal, I can now just eat more food and lift heavy stuff (aka, I can finally do what everyone was telling me to do).

Essentially, I believe what's going on here is that Omeprazole + periactin together gives me a temporary GERD-cure which leads to a massive increase in food-intake, while the LGD helps make the resulting weight gain a desirable type of a weight.