T3 On Cheat Days?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wondering if using T3 at 50 mcg's just once a week on my cheat days would cause my thyroid to shut down for a long period of time? I was thinking that since T3 shuts your thyroid down after prolonged use at high dosages, it would not shut you down at a high dose for just one day.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
you will go insane not cheating sometimes....youll burn out not cheating

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if using T3 at 50 mcg's just once a week on my cheat days would cause my thyroid to shut down for a long period of time? I was thinking that since T3 shuts your thyroid down after prolonged use at high dosages, it would not shut you down at a high dose for just one day.
how about try DS's glucophase?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Indeed it's hard to mess up the week off of a cheat meal; however, a person can really screw up the hard dieting over the week with a cheat day.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This would be pointless.
Cheat meals at certain bf levels are actually needed, especially with the right diet.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
why? I dont do cheat days, I do cheat meals....but its just one day?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I know I can put away aroud 10000 cals easy in a cheat day. That would be really counter productive to my goals.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The problem is when ppl cheat they are looking to stuff their face with garbage. The thing is most garbage does not have the greatest of nutritional values. A proper cheat meal for me is pasta with lean red meat, ala NP. Carbs, carbs and more carbs.

It really depends on the person, you need to play around with it. Some like Beelz eat pizza, and chinese.

Anyway on a bulk you are already eating optimal calories daily according to activity level I would hope, so I would not have a cheat meal.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on the person, you need to play around with it. Some like Beelz eat pizza, and chinese.
busted. :frustrate

but yeah, gotta find what works for ya. i did some cheat days for a while but i wasn't seeing the results i wanted. switched it up to 1 cheat meal on saturday's only and now things are going great.

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
Would one day of T3 actually accomplish anything? And I think it's better just not to cheat. I am dieting right now and in the past month I've only "cheated" once and it was easter. SOME TIMES you have to splurge, but I would keep it to a minimum.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so can anyone answer the question about shutting down your thyroid after just one days use.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
as i stated before i've never seen any evidence that even prolonged use of T3 shuts down your thyroid

with that said using T3 for one day is pretty much worthless

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
as i stated before i've never seen any evidence that even prolonged use of T3 shuts down your thyroid
Do you mean permanently, or at all? Surely your body will reduce its production of T3 in the presence of an exogenous source, no?

-kwantam

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
yes, but there is evidence that it will bounce back quickly. i've seen a study that shows people who were wrongly diagnosed as having a thyroid disorder, and were prescribed thyroid hormone. after years of use, they discovered it was actually not a problem at all; stopped taking the drugs, and their thyroid bounced back to natural relatively quickly

so to answer your question, yes it will reduce t3 production, but it will bounce back

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean permanently, or at all? Surely your body will reduce its production of T3 in the presence of an exogenous source, no?

-kwantam
i meant shut you down while coming off .. ala HPTA shut down when coming off cycle without PCT .. i believe, and chasec backed me up, that the thyroid won't shut down like HPTA will

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
so can anyone answer the question about shutting down your thyroid after just one days use.
I know a couple people who do this, but that is based solely on "brotelligence" and they are not guru's by any stretch of the imagination. I know that people on lyle's UD2.0 use androgens for one day during carbups and seem to be fine, some may use t3 not sure. Twin Peak or Tkaarde may know more of this as well. Finally in lieu of t3 you could always run a transdermal 7-oxo starting even the night before and then through your cheat day.

I personally do not do cheat days....but my willpower is beyond absurd. Neurotic maybe is the right word.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not trying to lose fat, I just wanted to avoid a huge gain if I were to have a cheat every few weks, it would help my conciounce. I will not have the dreaded pct T3 crash that people get and gain back most of what they lost? Surely this cant be worthless to avoid fat gain on cheat days or high cal days?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
yes it is worthless, because like anything else T3 needs some time to build up .. just straighten your diet out .. its must more effective than using T3 once a week

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
-T3 is stored in large quantities and released slowly and steadily, which is why it rebounds so quickly. It is very much *unlike* the testes and Leydig cells that produce testosterone in this way.

-Cytomel, pharmaceutical T3, has a loonngg half life; something like 27 hours. It's not a quick fix drug. It's excellent for replacement because stable blood concentrations are easy to maintain, but it will not bump you up into a calorie wasting mode for the course of a meal. It doesn't work that way.

The T3 that is sold for research may have a different half life. I have no idea.

Trimax has a shorter half life, but for other complicated reasons isn't a wise choice for a gluttony aid either.

In my opinion, outside of supps used to dispose of glucose or sensitize insulin (which are mild in effect and arguably a waste of time and money), there is no magic bullet for allowing true gluttony. It's well established that one cheat meal per week can actually help a diet, but much more than that makes the diet null and zoid of progress. This is my realization anyways.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I'm not trying to lose fat, I just wanted to avoid a huge gain if I were to have a cheat every few weks, it would help my conciounce. I will not have the dreaded pct T3 crash that people get and gain back most of what they lost? Surely this cant be worthless to avoid fat gain on cheat days or high cal days?
you should not see a noticeable fat gain from cheating on your diet once every few weeks. You might get a little bloated if you eat meals containing alot of sodium, but one day of crap eating isn't a big problem if you are consistent with your diet otherwise.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
No point really in taking t3 for a day. Have a cheat meal and be done with it.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
yes, but there is evidence that it will bounce back quickly. i've seen a study that shows people who were wrongly diagnosed as having a thyroid disorder, and were prescribed thyroid hormone. after years of use, they discovered it was actually not a problem at all; stopped taking the drugs, and their thyroid bounced back to natural relatively quickly

so to answer your question, yes it will reduce t3 production, but it will bounce back
:goodpost:
I've been trying to tell people this forever and they don't listen! It's true, the thyroid is a very stupid gland. I know, I've been on replacement for 12 years and get tested constantly!! T3 has a long t1/2, and doesn't even really kick in till the day after a dose, so it's pointless on cheat days. A dose of DNP friday night is good for a saturday of cheating though :thumbsup: