Broken arm

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
So I have a broken arm got a plate in my arm via surgery.. My 2 questions are..
1. I had been planning to run an upcoming cycle of super dmz 2.0 in the beginning of August, obviously out of the question now.. However when I do get back to normal should be roughly 3-4 months from surgery.. Will running this cycle speed up recovery etc like how you always hear about steroids being used to "speed" recovery.. Or is that a specific type?

2. Also will I basically be back to point zero when I start lifting again? I had made some pretty great gains this year

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
You should continue to hit the gym, do lower body work, do light isolateral work, and hopefully hormones and signals will slow down atrophy

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea still hit the gym man and your somewhat normal routine. legs core work cardio etc.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
I wouldnt run an oral to help with recovery except maybe Var. And thats debatable. Just because it's given to burn victims doesn't mean it will help in your specific case.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I broke my hand three years ago. Got back in the gym after 4 months and was pretty weak, but muscle memory brings it back pretty quickly. I wouldn't run a cycle right as soon as you get back.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That sux dude, i recently broke my heel in 3 places and my gym is like 25 steps down stairs so i been doing half ass workouts at home, appitate is shot too. Id say do what you can for now and make sure you eat. Im already down 10 lbs and still managed to gain some belly fat at the same time.

My plan is get in the gym natural and train till the muscle memory takes over and then hop on something once your strength is back and pain completely gone.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A cycle won't really help you heal. Just hit legs 3x a week until you can do upper body again. Once you start hitting upper body again you will be getting some epic muscle memory gainz and it will feel like you are on cycle.