1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Discovery Channel Show....

Ok, so Saturday night I'm watching the Discovery Channel with my wife and this show about sex changes comes on so we decide since there is nothing else on to check it out. The thing that amazes me is that Dr.'s prescribe Test/Estrogen to Female/Males that want to start the beginning of their change, but yet people who are not happy with their body cannot take this. This got me to wondering if maybe you could find one of these Dr.'s and possibly get Test prescribed to you due to being "unhappy with your body" like people who get the sex changes... I know this is kind of off the wall, but I wonder if it would possibly work. I also wonder the true legallity of this for the people actually interested in starting the other sex's hormones since it isnt a "true medical reason" per say. On the other hand, there were some freaky ass things on there women to men and vice versa that you truely could not tell.. yuck!

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

yes but not at the dosages we would need. and if your a man not the combo you want ether (unless someone swings that waqy)
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%

right..i know a guy wouldnt want the estrogen, I was just making a quick ref for the male female thing...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.44%

I *very* much doubt that men could go to their docs & get more test on the grounds that they're "not happy with their bodies". It's only important that women be happy w/ their bodies; it's not important that men be happy at all (just distracted).

As a society, we're willing (even eager) to help women become men (becausze it's "bad" to say no to women) and to help women become MORE womanly (ditto), and even to help men become women ('cause women are good & men aren't - so fewer men is "better", and more women is "better")...but there is absolutely NO support societally to help men become more manly ('cause men are bad) - or even to restrict/reduce the level of estrogens that are loose in the food-chain & thereby rein in the general feminization of the populace.

Also, 'medical necessity' means different things in different contexts & w/ different populations: keeping women happy and active qualifies as medical necessity for that population; keeping men on the job and/or on the battlefront is medical necessity for that population. Keeping women 'in action' is optional; keeping men "happy" is not even optional, as it might result in demotivation & make us harder to control (same argument used against herb).

Damn, I'm cheerful this morning....
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%

lol...damn that double standard!
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.19%

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    I *very* much doubt that men could go to their docs & get more test on the grounds that they're "not happy with their bodies". It's only important that women be happy w/ their bodies; it's not important that men be happy at all (just distracted).

As a society, we're willing (even eager) to help women become men (becausze it's "bad" to say no to women) and to help women become MORE womanly (ditto), and even to help men become women ('cause women are good & men aren't - so fewer men is "better", and more women is "better")...but there is absolutely NO support societally to help men become more manly ('cause men are bad) - or even to restrict/reduce the level of estrogens that are loose in the food-chain & thereby rein in the general feminization of the populace.

Also, 'medical necessity' means different things in different contexts & w/ different populations: keeping women happy and active qualifies as medical necessity for that population; keeping men on the job and/or on the battlefront is medical necessity for that population. Keeping women 'in action' is optional; keeping men "happy" is not even optional, as it might result in demotivation & make us harder to control (same argument used against herb).

Damn, I'm cheerful this morning....
    She made you sleep on the couch again, huh?

Actually, your correct in your entire statement. Women GOOD, men BAAAAD. I'm going to go watch the A&E network now and hate my manly self.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.94%

Society wants to "drag the testosterone" out of people.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%

i just thought it was interesting how getting test was easy and prescribed by a Dr. if you werent happy with your sex, but if you wanted to look better and and possibly live a better/healthier life, that this was a no-no....talk about ****ed up....
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.24%

Yeah, makes me mad too. People that don't like the way they look can go to a plastic surgeon and instantly start looking into a 101 different procedures to make themselves look better through surgery. But doctor supervised usage of hormones for the same purpose is a major no no.....unless of course you want to change your sex....hrmm that makes sense
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

What makes you think it's easy to get hormones for a sex change? It sounds like maybe you inferred too much from the show.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.54%

i'm pretty sure there are a great deal of psychological tests involved before a doc will prescribe test for a sex change .. i don't think you can just walk in a loudly proclaim "DOCTOR ... MAKE ME A WOMAN!" lol
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%

i do realize this, however I'm sure it would be easier to go in and get hormones for that reason over getting them for bodybuilding or asthetics... i guess that is my whole point...
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.13%

Bros,probably now that that the Discovery Channel has unveiled this shocking secret Congress will have to drop everything and have a huge investigation. Bush can wander back in from Crawford to sign a bill. Trannie steroid abuse legislation is long overdue, bros.Thank god I now know that trannies are juicing. I can't wait to write my congressional representative, if I can get his nose out of Terris Shiavo's ass, and alert him to this new terror. I don't give a damn about terrorists, the economy, our soldiers dying in Iraq, the next Pope, social security. Dammit I want my congress and president to protect me from juiced crazed trannies, steroid swigging baseball players, steroid pumped gay bodybuilders, steroid pumped straight bodybuilders, professional wrestlers pumped on gear, and all those evil ones who want to pull the feeding tube on brain-dead taxpayers.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.44%

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    She made you sleep on the couch again, huh?
    Nah - she moved out 2 months ago....
    Actually, your correct in your entire statement. Women GOOD, men BAAAAD. I'm going to go watch the A&E network now and hate my manly self.
    Off to get in touch w/ your feminine side? Try Lifetime!

Just talking about cultural attitudes, assumptions and prejudices, not my own opinions.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.59%

Its not that difficult to get hormone therapy legally, however you are not going to get levels high enough to effect your body like you want. Dr's can (and will) prescribe but they have to adhere to certain dosages or its there ass.
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.28%

I remember an episode on morgan spurlocks 30 days show where this guy went to one of those age delaying doctors and if i remember correctly was getting hgh and test along w/ a crap load of other supps. I think he had to take like 40 pills.

Similar Forum Threads

1. "Doping to Win" on Discovery Channel
    By Moyer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 02:02 PM
  2. Discovery channel "48 hrs. hard evidence" episode
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 01:20 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 10:23 PM
  4. Discovery Times show