good old hdrol vs epi

1test

1test

Awards
  • Established
I know this must have been discussed here many times but i would like to start this discussion again if you guys don't mind. Hdrol vs epi for a first time ph cycle? Hands on experience more than welcome! Any views, suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Keep lifting!

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
Hdrol.
No sides, and lots of gains in both strength and size.
hit it.

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards
4 weeks in for my 6 week Hdrol run and no bad sides.
Have run it at 100mg from day one also

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards
Have you guys ran epi also?
No I haven't.

This is my first cycle also.
I've had the odd pimple here and there on my back and some lower back pumps during deadlifts but other than that nothing that I would report as " negative sides "

a.mocellim

a.mocellim

Awards
No sides?? Lol
Of all the steroids, peptides and sarms Ive done, nothing fukked me as bad as Hdrol.
Hdrol 75mg + 11-oxo 700mg gave the worst lethargy of my whole life; terrible cycle. On the other hand, H-Drol + P-Stanz was really enjoyble; i gained several pounds and was very agressive and strong. I really dont know what to think about after all. Any H-Drol cycle will give me back and leg pumps but i can handle it. I think H-Drol is great stacked with a DHT compound that improves overall well-being and avoids lethargy.

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards
Hdrol 75mg + 11-oxo 700mg gave the worst lethargy of my whole life; terrible cycle. On the other hand, H-Drol + P-Stanz was really enjoyble; i gained several pounds and was very agressive and strong. I really dont know what to think about after all. Any H-Drol cycle will give me back and leg pumps but i can handle it. I think H-Drol is great stacked with a DHT compound that improves overall well-being and avoids lethargy.
I actually haven't been able to deadlift properly !
The back pump is out of this world.
No amount of taurine has helped !
Squats haven't seemed to have been affected though

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
I've done 2 halo runs.
1st @ 100mg for 8 weeks
2nd 125mg for 6 weeks. (Stacked with tr3n)
Neither gave me any sides worth noting. Minor acne at most.
Gained 12pounds on the first & 5-7 on the second.

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards
I've done 2 halo runs.
1st @ 100mg for 8 weeks
2nd 125mg for 6 weeks. (Stacked with tr3n)
Neither gave me any sides worth noting. Minor acne at most.
Gained 12pounds on the first & 5-7 on the second.
I was actually wondering if you could run halo for 8 weeks at 100mg.

How did you recover from it ?
Standard pct with a serm?

hide83

Awards
I vote hdrol as well. Especially if you're prone to hair loss.

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
I was actually wondering if you could run halo for 8 weeks at 100mg.

How did you recover from it ?
Standard pct with a serm?
I can't say I'd recommend it. Everybody reacts differently to PH's. So feel it out if you do decide to do it.

I recovered fine from it actually. Kept about 7-8 pounds. All my lifts went up. Most stuck. But it was a real learning phase.
& yes, standard pct.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
the majority of times, you stop seeing or feeling any gains in size or strength after the 6 week mark with PH's (*most)

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
yup, do the H drol man. I have done them both a couple of times, and prefere halodrol over havoc all in all. havoc/epi will give you slightly faster results and some great pumps, but will also hit you with some serious lethargy round week 3-4. halodrol takes a couple of weeks to kick in, but when it does, you will love it. Great pumps, imo no lethargy. Great alpha feeling all trough, and wery often no sides. You can do 100mg with no worries, but just to make sure, go 75-75-100-100-100-100. Halo is great for a little longer cycles too. I am at my 8 week halodrol cycle at 100 mg straight now, and expect no problems what so ever. remember fish oils multivit and milk thistle, and you should be good to go.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
Anyone recommend a good web site that still sells H-drol?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cut=epi
Bulk/strength gains=halo
Stack them and get the best of both, might be my next cycle

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutriverse has some nice PH left to choose from..... use code MAY20 for 20% off Alpha Lab Technologies, Platinum Nutraceuticals, Xcel Sports Nutrition, and Primeval Labs.

Alpha Lab has some nice stuff left..... ;)

MrVascular

Awards
Dose epi high enough and it will surpass hdrol (love nu trent repartitoning ). But of course that may mean more sides. I'm lucky in that only sides I get are lethargy and brain fog.

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
i've done h-drol at 75-100 for 6 weeks and epi at 30/30/40/40/40/40 and epi gave me better strength gains but i think h-drol gave me more weight gain.

if i remember correctly my h-drol cycle resulted in like 10-12 pounds and i lost 1.5 inches off my waist.

epi i gained 7-8 pounds but i was in a deficit and definitely leaned out while using it. my girlfriend knew i had run both compounds and she commented that 'this one worked the best out of the ones you've used, what is it?"... she obviously doesn't understand the mechanism behind how they work but she said it gave the most noticeable effect in terms of how it made my body look.

both cycles my nuts shrank but i remember h-drol causing them to be like the size of a large jelly bean haha. everything came back fine after i got off though. this was all a few years ago though.

Nickyboiroy

Awards
Only taken epi. Gained about 10lbs after running for 5 weeks. Nothing happened for 3 weeks at 30mg then upped to 40mg and boom the muscle came quickly! Week 5 wasn't great, I was very lethargic and the back and leg pumps really affected my sport. I play soccer and nearly had to be substituted after 10 minutes in a game during my 5th week. Thought my legs were going to explode. Also suffered some hairloss but I think that was due to upping the dose and running for another week. I was due to stop at 4 weeks. Recovered easily in pct but I was a zombie for a week or so! I kept most of my gains also but kept calories high into
Pct and changed to a lower volume, lower rep strength phase. Good luck and make sure you get all necessary support supps and pct!

Nickyboiroy

Awards
Forgot to mention, I also lowered carbs and upped fats in pct to combat the fat gain from increased cortisol. Worked well.

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards
Forgot to mention, I also lowered carbs and upped fats in pct to combat the fat gain from increased cortisol. Worked well.
Exactly what I've been doing for my PCT and I'm looking harder and really strong still in my second week of PCT.

Dropped 2kgs though sadly

1test

1test

Awards
  • Established
Can't find it now
Any good replacements available on the market now?

Ruthless33

Awards
I've personally ran both.
EPI at 30,30,40,40,40,50
And halo at 50,75,75,75,100,100

Put on 14 pounds on EPI and 6lbs on halo. Both at the same caloric surplus. Strength gains were great on both but EPI blew halo away.

Both caused issues with sleep.
Back pumps were both taken care of with taurine. EPI caused more lethargy than halo if I recall. I also remember being way more shut down on EPI.

IMO EPI over Hdrol any day.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hdrol is superior to Epi imo in terms of strength / size and overall effects on my body.
Epi also had more sides for me, and greater shutdown (surprisingly).
I've used both solo a few times in the past.

Epi is supposed to be mild, but it is the only PH I've ever taken that literally made my nuts ache/hurt each time I've tried it.