The fear of Abscesses.

Gh0st3ml0c

Gh0st3ml0c

Awards
Just curious how did you come to terms with the fear of abscesses?? Also has anyone had any run in's along the way??

Also feel free to answer any of these other questions.

1. About how long does it take from time of injection to form?
2. What are the symptom?
3. Any home remedies?
4. Involve a doctor or not to involve a doctor?
5. Best way to avoid an abscess?
(Ex: using alcohol pads, certain injection styles, not pulling out to fast, avoiding injecting between the fat &muscle layer, ECT...)

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Just curious how did you come to terms with the fear of abscesses?? Also has anyone had any run in's along the way?? Also feel free to answer any of these other questions. 1. About how long does it take from time of injection to form? 2. What are the symptom? 3. Any home remedies? 4. Involve a doctor or not to involve a doctor? 5. Best way to avoid an abscess? (Ex: using alcohol pads, certain injection styles, not pulling out to fast, avoiding injecting between the fat &muscle layer, ECT...)
I don't have time to look the ought and answer your questions but I always have antibiotics on hand just in case, that and clean injection protocol.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
As above said.

Also, the chance is super low you will get an abscess. You know how to keep things sterile, etc right? Nice clean injection in big muscle groups like glutes you'll be fine mate. Relax.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Just curious how did you come to terms with the fear of abscesses?? Also has anyone had any run in's along the way?? Also feel free to answer any of these other questions. 1. About how long does it take from time of injection to form? 2. What are the symptom? 3. Any home remedies? 4. Involve a doctor or not to involve a doctor? 5. Best way to avoid an abscess? (Ex: using alcohol pads, certain injection styles, not pulling out to fast, avoiding injecting between the fat &muscle layer, ECT...)
And the antibiotics from fish stores are supposed to be FDA approved and be the same as your amoxicillian and kelflex. I have used them on both fish and people and can report good results in clearing infections. I keep them on hand for myself, my fish and in an "emergency bag" when I go camping or to remote areas just incase

Gh0st3ml0c

Gh0st3ml0c

Awards
Thank you all for the responses one other question though... Aside from it being a sterile and clean injection couldn't one spawn from injecting between the subcutaneous and intramuscular "for lack of a better word ( zone )" where the 2 meet?

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Thank you all for the responses one other question though... Aside from it being a sterile and clean injection couldn't one spawn from injecting between the subcutaneous and intramuscular "for lack of a better word ( zone )" where the 2 meet?
I don't remember what that area is called, sounds like interstitial space if I remember correctly, big if you did it would be a sterile Abcess if everything was clean and correctly followed which just need heat compresses and massage to help dissipate.

Gh0st3ml0c

Gh0st3ml0c

Awards
I don't remember what that area is called, sounds like interstitial space if I remember correctly, big if you did it would be a sterile Abcess if everything was clean and correctly followed which just need heat compresses and massage to help dissipate.
Wow super spot on and quick with the response lol already loving this community! Ah see i had figured a sterile abscess would remain a lump such as a unsterile one would... But now that you mention it an abscess being a safety protocol in the body shelling the contents of none are detrimental it would make sense the body would dissipate it.

Idk if that reasoning well more or so the makes sense I am bad about translating thoughts to words.

Gh0st3ml0c

Gh0st3ml0c

Awards
And the antibiotics from fish stores are supposed to be FDA approved and be the same as your amoxicillian and kelflex. I have used them on both fish and people and can report good results in clearing infections. I keep them on hand for myself, my fish and in an "emergency bag" when I go camping or to remote areas just incase
Are you serious? That is wild and very creative I will deff look into it just to clarify.. But just wow so resourceful wish I could like the post or something!

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Yes. Search "fishmox" and "fish flex". There's some online stores that carry them too. It's more expensive than going to your dr if you have insurance, but cheaper than an emergency room visit and you have them on hand. It is very important to note though that antibiotics need to be taken until 100% of the bacteria from the infection is gone. If some reside and you haven't taken a the full course, those bacteria can develop resistance to that particular type of antibiotic.

Viking23

Awards
I always have amox and keflex on hand. You will be more interested in keflex aka cephalaxin for skin infections. I had a cycle once where I got a few abscesses and it was awful. Thing was it was never at the inject site or even close for that matter. Really stumped on how it occurred but they were all staph infections and my gym did have a staph issue at the time.

However what I did was constantly try and keep them open once they come to a head so all the gunk can ooze out. I had one that got really bad and needed to see a doc. I didn't say I had used gear and if I did get one at a site I would probably say I had got bit by a bee/spider.

Viking23

Awards
Yes. Search "fishmox" and "fish flex". There's some online stores that carry them too. It's more expensive than going to your dr if you have insurance, but cheaper than an emergency room visit and you have them on hand. It is very important to note though that antibiotics need to be taken until 100% of the bacteria from the infection is gone. If some reside and you haven't taken a the full course, those bacteria can develop resistance to that particular type of antibiotic.
This is spot on. Just because it looks cleared up doesn't mean it is! We can thank people who have stopped early for creating mrsa and other resistant bacteria!

Gh0st3ml0c

Gh0st3ml0c

Awards
This is spot on. Just because it looks cleared up doesn't mean it is! We can thank people who have stopped early for creating mrsa and other resistant bacteria!
Thank you for clarifying yeah I mean it all makes perfect sense but it's just not something you think of until it's brought to the for front.