PHs vs STEROIDS - Shutdown, Sides, etc etc

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
My main issue with a 12 week Test cycle vs a typical 6 week ph cycle is the degree of shutdown, and the need to use HCG. I assume that shutdown would be worse with injectable steroids because cycles are much longer, and will this longer duration of cycle lead to a more severe shutdown and harder recovery? Is this true? Also I know injectables beat ph's by far in regards to liver damage and toxicity but are other side effects relatively the same? Also i know HCG isnt needed on ph cycles cos of the short duration but for injectable steroid cycles HCG is recommended isnt it? Also what is more dangerous in causing fertility issues? That would be a big factor for what ill choose in the future, i want kids, and i have no problem trying to source some real gear, its just the degree of shutdown compared to a short ph cycle scares me. What are your thoughts guys?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen any indication or medical study that shows 8 months is any worse than 8 weeks
Excluding sperm count

If you don't want to take the risk, don't take steroids
Or stick to less than 8 weeks, which is pretty much pissing in the wind

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never seen any indication or medical study that shows 8 months is any worse than 8 weeks
Excluding sperm count

Why are you still posting here? Your posts are literally the worst thing i've seen since Hurricane Katrina.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Why are you still posting here? Your posts are literally the worst thing i've seen since Hurricane Katrina.
Come on Rhadam are you serious check his rep power, Jk Jk lol

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Then show otherwise

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Excluding sperm count

So you believe running an 8 week cycle has the same effect on hpta recovery to an 8 month cycle?!

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
In to see what other dumb bro science AlexPowell can conjure up.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apart from sperm count, that is what every medical study has shown yes
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22503022
LMAO do you have any clue what you just posted? I'd ask if you even read the abstract but you obviously are too stupid to even comprehend what they're talking about. Bro (and by bro i mean never my bro), you continue to provide epic laughter. I actually want you to keep posting because you're too dense to understand how stupid you actually are.

Try really hard and scratch your two remaining brain cells together and figure out what Flutamide is.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
LMAO do you have any clue what you just posted? I'd ask if you even read the abstract but you obviously are too stupid to even comprehend what they're talking about. Bro (and by bro i mean never my bro), you continue to provide epic laughter. I actually want you to keep posting because you're too dense to understand how stupid you actually are.

Try really hard and scratch your two remaining brain cells together and figure out what Flutamide is.
It causes shutdown like androgens do, dingus
Go ahead and look at the testosterone studies as well

Then go ahead and use the search function to see how many people have reduced endocrine function from 4 weeks of epistane

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lmao at you comparing an anti androgen to testosterone.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Then just look at the studies done on testosterone, shutdown is shutdown and it acts on the same mechanism. Testosterone is suppressed all the same

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
First of all, injectable does not mean non liver toxic. The compound dictates liver toxicity.

Second, 6 week cycles IMO are a waste. Sure you can make progress etc. but the only reason people do them is because they didn't have access to injectables or didn't want to pin due to fear/legality.

You can take an oral for 6 weeks and blow up but even with the best pct in the world they will be much harder to keep. A 20 week cycle of test will yield more gains, be more enjoyable, probably healthier, and you will keep your gains longer. I have done enough
short and long cycles to know from experience.

As far as shutdown, I noticed no difference in recovery between 6 week oh cycles and up to 14 week test cycles. Now a 1.5 year blast and cruise was a completely different story. Took a few months to feel right after that but it was worth it

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then show otherwise
You made the claim; it's your responsibility to support your claim. You CANNOT make a blanket statement regarding HPTA suppression as it completely disregards dose, duration, compound, etc. Shutdown, and using this term shows a lack of comprehension of the HPTA, is not a light switch. This is why is should be called suppression because it varies depending on what is used, how much, and how long.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
In..

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
You made the claim; it's your responsibility to support your claim. You CANNOT make a blanket statement regarding HPTA suppression as it completely disregards dose, duration, compound, etc. Shutdown, and using this term shows a lack of comprehension of the HPTA, is not a light switch. This is why is should be called suppression because it varies depending on what is used, how much, and how long.
No studies that show staying on for 8 months is any worse than 8 weeks
Nothing to support the hypothesis that staying on for 8 months is worse than 8 weeks

matt21irby21

matt21irby21

Awards
Right on

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
No studies that show staying on for 8 months is any worse than 8 weeks Nothing to support the hypothesis that staying on for 8 months is worse than 8 weeks
Do you even proofread the stuff you post?

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I would really like to see a legit answer to the OP. I have the exact same questions, concerns, and thoughts.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I would really like to see a legit answer to the OP. I have the exact same questions, concerns, and thoughts.
Oh course the duration matters
Long estered steroids are only truly effective in the long term

If you value your HPTA then just avoid steroids or keep it less than 8 weeks

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Oh course the duration matters Long estered steroids are only truly effective in the long term If you value your HPTA then just avoid steroids or keep it less than 8 weeks
That wasn't the only op question. Gtfo off the thread

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
"I assume that shutdown would be worse with injectable steroids because cycles are much longer, and will this longer duration of cycle lead to a more severe shutdown and harder recovery? Is this true?"

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Need some drama in my life!

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
"I assume that shutdown would be worse with injectable steroids because cycles are much longer, and will this longer duration of cycle lead to a more severe shutdown and harder recovery? Is this true?"
He asked many questions. Although the main underlying issue that he wanted answered was the shutdown, I think the shutdown got covered.

I am interested to see what people say about pinning in respect to the over all effects, sides, shutdown, and other possibilities VERSUS pro hormones. Just as the op.

He also mentioned fertility concerns. I'm getting married in 2 months and want to start a family within a couple of years. This is a HUGE concern for me too and why I have only run 2 cycles of very mild pro hormones.

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
Yeah thats my bad for asking like four or five questions, i know for next time keep it short and precise. What ive gathered so far is that the degree of shutdown is similar compared to a 6 week ph and a 12 week test cycle, so pinning would be the better choice for overall muscle gain and shutdown factor over ph's.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Yeah thats my bad for asking like four or five questions, i know for next time keep it short and precise. What ive gathered so far is that the degree of shutdown is similar compared to a 6 week ph and a 12 week test cycle, so pinning would be the better choice for overall muscle gain and shutdown factor over ph's.
It would depend on the ph you're referring to, but I would imagine that isn't the case. Plus, you're just talking about test. 10/10 times you're going to stack the test with a compound of your choosing (deca, tren, dbol, sust, mast, etc). So I believe that should be considered as well.

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
It would depend on the ph you're referring to, but I would imagine that isn't the case. Plus, you're just talking about test. 10/10 times you're going to stack the test with a compound of your choosing (deca, tren, dbol, sust, mast, etc). So I believe that should be considered as well.
Oh yes thats my fault, just realised how wrong what i said was, like trenavar is know to cause serious shutdown so that would obviously be harder to recover from compared to a 6 week halo cycle. I think my main concern is shutdown with ph's compared to pinning, i think ive gotten the answer that obviously it is dependant on the compound, dosages, the length of the cycle and the degree of shutdown. the more shutdown and the longer duration you are shutdown, the harder and longer the recovery :thumbsup:

matt21irby21

matt21irby21

Awards
I've run AAS test and tren for almost twenty weeks per cycle and didn't feel any shut down both times I did the cycles. Which were only four weeks apart from each other. I've ran a few different PH cycles with test E on all of them. I've ran five total cycles in the past 18 months. And I found out my fiancé is pregnant bout two months ago. So either my body loves anabolics, or the milk man managed to sneak one in while I was away.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Oh yes thats my fault, just realised how wrong what i said was, like trenavar is know to cause serious shutdown so that would obviously be harder to recover from compared to a 6 week halo cycle. I think my main concern is shutdown with ph's compared to pinning, i think ive gotten the answer that obviously it is dependant on the compound, dosages, the length of the cycle and the degree of shutdown. the more shutdown and the longer duration you are shutdown, the harder and longer the recovery :thumbsup:
Ya and I mean, no offense but that's obvious. I guess I'll just have to keep reading around. It won't be years anyways because I don't want to jeopardize my ability to have a family.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I've run AAS test and tren for almost twenty weeks per cycle and didn't feel any shut down both times I did the cycles. Which were only four weeks apart from each other. I've ran a few different PH cycles with test E on all of them. I've ran five total cycles in the past 18 months. And I found out my fiancé is pregnant bout two months ago. So either my body loves anabolics, or the milk man managed to sneak one in while I was away.
And my cousin has blast and cruise for the last 2 years and just had a baby a few weeks ago. By no means does it mean you are completely infertile. Thanks for your feedback

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Total novice here in for mental gainz....

I really think that it is very user dependent. Some guys are prone to get shut down and some less than others.

My take is if you are the guy with low test/sex drive to begin with and use, you are going to have problems.

I have a buddy that did a easy 500 test e run for 12wks with clomid/ai for pct (36 yrs old) and had problems. Now he's trt...

I did the same run as him and my boys/sex drive etc stayed high before, during and after.

My wife is good friends with his wife and she is always complaining he has no sex drive before the cycle. This guy yo yo's hard all year long gaining and losing the same 35 pounds. He would use a p90x or but shot b12 to drop the weight.

depends on the man right?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to add..

I'm 38 been lifting since I was 18. Small biz owner/work outside, baseball, golf, very active.

He's 36, does not lift regularly, ass sitting office job, poor diet.

Safe to think the nails were lined up on the coffin and the test hammered them down????

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just to add..

I'm 38 been lifting since I was 18. Small biz owner/work outside, baseball, golf, very active.

He's 36, does not lift regularly, ass sitting office job, poor diet.

Safe to think the nails were lined up on the coffin and the test hammered them down????
Who knows everyone is different. I knew a guy who took superdrol for just over two months not knowing what it really was. He stopped cold turkey and never had any issues with libido, gyno, etc. everyone reacts different. Never even had any noticeable liver issues but he also never had bloods so who knows

barrymcokiner

Banned
Awards
Who knows everyone is different. I knew a guy who took superdrol for just over two months not knowing what it really was. He stopped cold turkey and never had any issues with libido, gyno, etc. everyone reacts different. Never even had any noticeable liver issues but he also never had bloods so who knows
Seen this numerous times- done it myself. When PH's were new, and you could buy them anywhere, I or none of my friends knew about PCT or On Cycle Supp. Recovered fine everytime- everyone is different though.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
My main issue with a 12 week Test cycle vs a typical 6 week ph cycle is the degree of shutdown, and the need to use HCG. I assume that shutdown would be worse with injectable steroids because cycles are much longer, and will this longer duration of cycle lead to a more severe shutdown and harder recovery? Is this true? Also I know injectables beat ph's by far in regards to liver damage and toxicity but are other side effects relatively the same? Also i know HCG isnt needed on ph cycles cos of the short duration but for injectable steroid cycles HCG is recommended isnt it? Also what is more dangerous in causing fertility issues? That would be a big factor for what ill choose in the future, i want kids, and i have no problem trying to source some real gear, its just the degree of shutdown compared to a short ph cycle scares me. What are your thoughts guys?
Have you considered pulsing? Sounds like it might satisfy your criteria, and you wouldn't need points. Won't get you huge either, but you can still make decent gains while retaining fertility.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the end, the people commenting that everyone is different are correct. I know plenty of people that ran what they believed to be safer cycles by keeping them short and they never fully recovered even after PCT. I also know people that run incredible amounts when they run PH or test cycles and they seem to come back fine every time.

If you are going to reap the rewards, prepare to deal with the possible consequences.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Another point, do your best to get pharma grade pct products. Very easy to find if you research. I feel most of the failed recoveries I have seen were due to bunk research chems. At they very least have a few diff companies products in case some are bunk if you go the research Chem route

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Another point, do your best to get pharma grade pct products. Very easy to find if you research. I feel most of the failed recoveries I have seen were due to bunk research chems. At they very least have a few diff companies products in case some are bunk if you go the research Chem route
My good friend is an ifbb pro. I get pro quality out of California if I buy. But that's the thing, trying to decide if that's a good route to take.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
dbrock, anyone even tell you that you look a lot like Tom Platz?

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
Total novice here in for mental gainz....

I really think that it is very user dependent. Some guys are prone to get shut down and some less than others.

My take is if you are the guy with low test/sex drive to begin with and use, you are going to have problems.

I have a buddy that did a easy 500 test e run for 12wks with clomid/ai for pct (36 yrs old) and had problems. Now he's trt...

I did the same run as him and my boys/sex drive etc stayed high before, during and after.

My wife is good friends with his wife and she is always complaining he has no sex drive before the cycle. This guy yo yo's hard all year long gaining and losing the same 35 pounds. He would use a p90x or but shot b12 to drop the weight.

depends on the man right?
I'd have to agree with you there, if you have low test to begin with, that could be a problem. I had bottom of the range test before i did my first cycle and i was only in my low 20's, now i just got my 6 week post-pct bloods and my test levels are below the normal ranges and havent recovered from the Halo/DMZ cycle which was only 5 weeks long and my first cycle. Only found out yesterday that it is so low so just gotta see what happens, i dont want to TRT cos i want kids in the next 5 years so maybe ill just have to live with the low test until ive popped out a few kids

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
Have you considered pulsing? Sounds like it might satisfy your criteria, and you wouldn't need points. Won't get you huge either, but you can still make decent gains while retaining fertility.
Nah i havent considered it tbh, i know Epi is know for pulsing cycles right? Ill have a deeper look into it now. But i just got my post-pct bloods after my first cycle and my test levels havent recovered so i probably wont be on another cycle for a while till at least i get these levels sorted and stable.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
He asked many questions. Although the main underlying issue that he wanted answered was the shutdown, I think the shutdown got covered.

I am interested to see what people say about pinning in respect to the over all effects, sides, shutdown, and other possibilities VERSUS pro hormones. Just as the op.

He also mentioned fertility concerns. I'm getting married in 2 months and want to start a family within a couple of years. This is a HUGE concern for me too and why I have only run 2 cycles of very mild pro hormones.
lol, you said it wasn't the question
now it is
make your mind up
the sperm count issue was also discussed

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The longer you are on the more desensitized your testicles become to the effects if Lh & fsh
Hcg! You then scream.

Great, problem solved. Though, for how long is anyone's guess. Can't use hcg forever.

Now for the other unknown number of problems supraphysiological dosages of synthetic androgens will cause.

The longer you are on the more at risk you are for a number of things, not just being infertile an impotent.
To argue or think different is ignorant.

/thread.

Lastly, this:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/198624-cycle-length.html

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
lol, you said it wasn't the question now it is make your mind up the sperm count issue was also discussed
I legitimately believe you have a slight mental disability. I appreciate you trying to help, but you aren't. Read carefully

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
I legitimately believe you have a slight mental disability. I appreciate you trying to help, but you aren't. Read carefully
Slight? I know rocks with cerebral palsy brighter than this baffoon!