Time off question

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
I ran SD/1-test trans/4ad trans for 6 weeks. Did PCT for 4 weeks. How much time off is recommended b/w PCT and the start of another cycle?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think generally you want time off to equal time on. I don't think pct counts in that formula. I'd wait 4 to 6 weeks AFTER completing pct to start another cycle. This may be conservative thinking, but better safe now than sorry later.

dd

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
It's best to be off at least as long as you are on. Longer is better though.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I ran SD/1-test trans/4ad trans for 6 weeks. Did PCT for 4 weeks. How much time off is recommended b/w PCT and the start of another cycle?
I would do at least as much time off as on b4 starting another. You gotta ask yourself if you feel recovered? Did you get nad shrinkage? If so, did they come back? Overall feeling/energy levels? How much weight if any did you retain?

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
I would do at least as much time off as on b4 starting another. You gotta ask yourself if you feel recovered? Did you get nad shrinkage? If so, did they come back? Overall feeling/energy levels? How much weight if any did you retain?
I answered yes to all of the above. My energy levels are just fine. I retained roughly 50% of my gains. How much does all of this factor in?

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I answered yes to all of the above. My energy levels are just fine. I retained roughly 50% of my gains. How much does all of this factor in?
Well If you feel fine/recovered, then I would say as much time off as on at the very least. More is probably better as mentioned above, but everyone is different. We all recover different. I say if you feel good and ready to rock n roll after 6wks, go for it.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
4 weeks of PCT + another 4-6 weeks off after. Some might go with 6 on + 4 of PCT and 2 more off to make 6 total "off". As stated again and again, more time off is better, though. But as we all know, it is like anticipatory torture...

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
One rule I always follow is that occasionally I might do 2 cycles close together. Meaning, I'll finish PCT and get the boys back then jump on another cycle shortly after. in that case, when the seccond cycle is complete, I make dam sure i finish PCT and then stay off for at least a month or two to insure everything is oporating optimally.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I think generally you want time off to equal time on. I don't think pct counts in that formula. I'd wait 4 to 6 weeks AFTER completing pct to start another cycle. This may be conservative thinking, but better safe now than sorry later.

dd
I agree with this method.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
One rule I always follow is that occasionally I might do 2 cycles close together. Meaning, I'll finish PCT and get the boys back then jump on another cycle shortly after. in that case, when the seccond cycle is complete, I make dam sure i finish PCT and then stay off for at least a month or two to insure everything is oporating optimally.
How long might these cycles be and what compounds would you run and not run for these 2 cycles being that they're closer together and probably shorter?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
How long might these cycles be and what compounds would you run and not run for these 2 cycles being that they're closer together and probably shorter?
In the past when I have done that, they were 4 week cycles. What I ran was never a concern with me.

I tend to run 6 to 8 week cycles theese days so I'm not in the habit of doing that anymore.

handzilla

Awards
  • Established
In the past when I have done that, they were 4 week cycles. What I ran was never a concern with me.

I tend to run 6 to 8 week cycles theese days so I'm not in the habit of doing that anymore.
Yeah I've definitely taken a liking towards the 6 weekers. Most of the compounds my friend has have to be ran for longer since they have the 2 week grace period before they kick in. But I suppose for the quicker acting comps, they can be ran for 4 weeks with a short PCT followed by another 4 weeks.