Aromatase Inhibitors - Why do some use OTC>Perscription?

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
Ive read around the internet all different things, like an AI shouldnt be used on cycle and the majority saying you should. Right now i believe that you should always have an AI on hand if anything pops up like gyno or serious bloat, and if you running something like Epistane that is notorious for 'estrogen rebound' then you can use the AI in your pct.

But the question is, will an OTC AI be good enough if high estro signs pop up or is it just better to be safe and get a perscription AI with a Prohormone cycle? For injectable cycles i know the norm is to use the proper perscription AI's, and since most prohormones are pretty much oral steroids or precusors to steroids then why do people think its okay to use OTC AI's for prohormone cycles when they are not used for the real gear cycles? What are your opinions?

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
A Forma product would be the only OTC AI I'd use/have used.. I think they'll work fine for a PH cycle or even a low dosed Test cycle..

However all of my cycles now include Test etc so I always use Letro or Aromasin.. Usually low dosed Letro on cycle and Aromasin in pct..

Just my preference...

plifter42

Awards
Just started test-e... Not sure if I should get arimistane (waaay cheaper) or arimidex (3x more expensive)

Plus the arimistane is pure, while the adex would be underground lab...

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just started test-e... Not sure if I should get arimistane (waaay cheaper) or arimidex (3x more expensive)

This outlines the otc/rx debate perfectly. Legality is also a concern for some. I believe some ph/ds cycles like trest need rx, while something like epi I think you only need an otc ai to taper in pct. Just my opinion

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Arimistane is likely not going to do anything for estrogen control, especially on exogenous test. People that have run labs, including myself, have found that the drop is negligible, if any at all. If those are your only options, then defintiely get the arimidex. You can run the arimidex eod or even only the day after pinning depending on the amount of test you'll be running.

plifter42

Awards
Arimistane is likely not going to do anything for estrogen control, especially on exogenous test. People that have run labs, including myself, have found that the drop is negligible, if any at all. If those are your only options, then defintiely get the arimidex. You can run the arimidex eod or even only the day after pinning depending on the amount of test you'll be running.
Thanks for the answer.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This^^^^ x 100. With Test you need Adex.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Letro is my ai of choice.

Dosing is tricky, easy to mess yourself up.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Letro is my ai of choice.

Dosing is tricky, easy to mess yourself up.
Have heard more than one person say this, what is your dosing protocol on cycle?

protrester

Awards
low dosed letro is definitely economical. i use around 1 drop of rc letro eod, e2d, or e3d depending on the gear. 400-500mg test c, i use 1 drop e3d. 1 drop of 2.5mg/ml is approx. 0.1mg.
this study shows that even 0.02mg causes a significant E2 reduction.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8345034

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
In the past cycles I've never seen gyno flare up on myself personally, so I always worry that letro will be way to strong for me. Obviously it's rate of killing estrogen is so much higher than adex.

I suppose it's preference and how susceptible to gyno you are.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When do you stop the letro? While esters are clearing or day before PCT? Do you taper it or just go strait into Aromasin?
I usually run letro in pct. It has the best effect on increasing Lh&fsh

I then taper the days, further an further apart.
Run a serm in pct as well

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually run letro in pct. It has the best effect on increasing Lh&fsh

I then taper the days, further an further apart.
Run a serm in pct as well
Good info, appreciate it

SquatsAndOats

Awards
I usually run letro in pct. It has the best effect on increasing Lh&fsh I then taper the days, further an further apart. Run a serm in pct as well
Letro increases FSH and LH? I thought only suicidal AIs did that. So you basically just use letro from cycle through PCT and taper it down towards the end of pct while on your serm?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats interesting bro. Are you estro sensitive at all? I'm considering doing this for my next cycle. I have a whole bunch of pharma letro on hand as well as aromasin.
It definitely sounds cost effective!

thehogsters

thehogsters

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm running .6mg adex every 3 days with no problems. Doing 450 mg trest D per week and 30 mg ment pwo. Was on 2 bottles of Diobolix and one Dbold but finished them up