Some questions about SUPERDROL

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Post Some questions about SUPERDROL

Hi!

I'm going to take 10mg of Superdrol per day (my first PH cycle ever) for 3 weeks.
    For PCT I'm going to use Rebound-XT.

My Questions:

1. How much and for how long should I take Rebound-XT?
    2. When should I start taking it? On first off-day?
    3. Should I use Milk thisle? How much per day ?
    4. Is it necessary to start milk thisle before I start the PH cycle?
    5. What's the best method to keep as much as possible of the gained mass after the cycle?

Hope you'll have a nice easter holiday. I'll go to Spain for 2 weeks

Greetings from Frankfurt

Martin

PS: Please excuse my bad English.

2. Hello I think your english is good. I congratulate you on your decision to use just 10 mgs of SD. I would use a low dose of Rebound for 2 weeks or until you get any sides. Milk thistle is okay at a low dose also. To keep your gains I would maintain caloric intake at the same or higher, use creatine and lower the weights, maintain a 3x10 scheme, that is what worked for me.
    •   

3. Thank you Knowbull !!!

50 mg Rebound-XT per day for 2 weeks

400mg milk-thisle on on-cycle-days

Good thing ????

greetings
    Martin

4. In my opinion you will only need half those amounts, considering your low SD dose, but everyone is different and others may say something else. It is best to use your own judgement, you know what is best for you. Personally I like to avoid any side effects or at least minimize them.

5. If I was going to invest in an ancilliary to accompany superdrol, I would probably put my money in some taurine or red yeast rice. The pumps get painful as hell and taurine thus far has worked great for me. Superdrol has also been known to wreak havok on peoples cholesterol values, and red yeast rice has been shown to help improve those values.

Milk thistle is nice, but superdrol is a relatively mild on the liver and I don't think its needed.

Good luck with the 10mg. I agree with Knowbull that you should start with 10mg, especially on your first cycle. Remember to keep your calories high. I couldn't gain on superdrol until I went well above maintenance calories. Also, people respond to anabolics differently, so if after 2 weeks, you aren't getting results, try to go up to 20mg and reevaluate things from there.
    •   

6. Red rice yeast can stress the liver too so if this is included, be good to your liver.

one more thing I would add is Glucophase GXR, and here is why:

1. Awesome antioxidant
    2. Good for the liver
    3. Improves glucose sensitivity, which is good with Superdrol (SD will cause the most insane pumps/glycogen-uptake you have ever experienced) and as such,it should synergize.
    4. Anecdotal-I responded too well at 20mgs with GXR, and had to cut it to 10mgs. I still got forearm pumps from typing and deltoid pumps from doing the dishes...Dim

7. Quote Originally Posted by diminuendo
    Red rice yeast can stress the liver too so if this is included, be good to your liver.
    Wow, did not know that about red rice yeast. Are you sure that GXR increases the effectiveness of Superdrol? I thought that it only did that with drugs that use adrenal mechanisms (clen, ephedra, cocaine). I'm pretty sure it doesn't have that effect on androgens.

8. I've been reading some lately about the need to take CoQ10 with Red Yeast Rice. The reason given was that RYR was hard on the liver and the CoQ10 helped minimize that. I see that NOW makes a RYR with CoQ10 added: http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_****1148

But I seem to end up with some confusing info:

As rule it's bad to stack Methly's since they are especilly hard on the liver.
    If you're taking a methly you should take RYR to help with the elevated cholesterol.
    Taking RYR could be hard on the liver, so add CoQ10.

Is the extra liver stress from RYR worth the cholesterol lowering effect, or does adding CoQ10 eliminate the concern about liver stress. Thanks.

9. I think alot of people use RYR during PCT, which would mitigate the risk.

10. Are you saying not to use RYR until PCT? Or that I shouldnt worry about the high cholesterol levels during cycle, as long as I can control them post cycle with (hopefully) the RYR? So short duration elevated cholesterol levels are "acceptable" as long as long term levels are in control? Not meaning to put words in your mouth, just summarizing my understanding/confusion. I thought RYR took some time to be effective, so would I be starting over each time I began PCT with it? By taking it pre/during/post I thought I would be controlling the cholesterol levels at a more stable level. Thanks.

11. I'll post it again.

All HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors can induce a Coenzyme Q10 deficiency. To include Lovastatin (Red Yeast Rice).

However, Red Yeast Rice contains several other cholesterol lowering agents including monacolins, sterols, and certain isoflavones, which provide the bulk of the chol. lowering properties. The amount of statin (Lovastatin) contained in Red Yeast Rice is trace. Three grams contains~ 5mgs of the statin, compared to perscribed dosages of Lovastatin in the 20-40mgs range. Human trials have not shown ANY elevations liver enzymes or renal impairment.

However, I do suggest you supplement with coq10 since there are not any long-term studies demonstrating Red Rice Yeast's effect in this area.
    While statin drugs are effective at lowering LDL cholesterol, they have serious side effects. Statins work by inhibiting 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase,
    the enzyme involved in the biosynthesis of cholesterol from acetyl-CoA. In 1990 Folkers and colleagues theorized that inhibition of this key enzyme would also inhibit the intrinsic biosynthesis of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), a central compound in the mitochondrial respiratory chain. The researchers stated that '.if lovastatin were to reduce levels of CoQ10, this reduction would constitute a new risk of cardiac disease, since it is established that CoQ10 is indispensable for cardiac function.' The researchers reported on protocols involving five hospitalized patients, 43-72 years old, and one volunteer who was monitored for CoQ10 and cholesterol levels and cardiac function. All data from the protocols revealed that lovastatin does indeed lower levels of CoQ10. The five hospitalized patients taking lovastatin evidenced an increase in cardiac disease from lovastatin, which was life-threatening for patients having class IV cardiomyopathy before lovastatin or after taking lovastatin. Oral administration of CoQ10 increased blood levels of CoQ10 and was generally accompanied by an improvement in cardiac function.

Lovastatin decreases coenzyme Q levels in humans. Folkers K, Langsjoen P, Willis R, Richardson P, Xia LJ, Ye CQ, Tamagawa H. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1990 Nov 87:22 8931-4

Another thing is that long-term use of statins leads to reduced effect, I would only supplement with Red Yeast Rice, or Niacin during cycles. Try to maintain a healthy diet year round with flax, olive, and fish oils.
    Last edited by ryansm; 03-24-2005 at 06:53 PM.

12. Thanks good post ryansm!

13. Hi!

Thank you guys for all these replies.

I wish you and your families a nice easter holiday.

greetings from Frankfurt

14. Same to you Frank. Good luck growing

15. Quote Originally Posted by FrankTank
    Hi!

Thank you guys for all these replies.

I wish you and your families a nice easter holiday.

greetings from Frankfurt
    You're in Frankfurt? Cool, I'm in Kaiserslautern.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    You're in Frankfurt? Cool, I'm in Kaiserslautern.
    Are you there, cause you're German, or cause you're in the army ?

Sorry guys but i have got 2 new questions:

1. Usually, I go to gym 3 time a week. Should I train more often while on ?

2. I've heard that it is recommended for some PHs to take them with a large meal. SD too ????

Thanks guys.
  17. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull
    In my opinion you will only need half those amounts, considering your low SD dose, but everyone is different and others may say something else. It is best to use your own judgement, you know what is best for you. Personally I like to avoid any side effects or at least minimize them.
    I agree...

18. Quote Originally Posted by blakkstarr
    I agree...

Hi!

Do you agree with using half of the amounts, or do you agree with his opion to minimize the danger of sides? (what I do with taking more Rebound-XT etc.)

greetings

19. Quote Originally Posted by FrankTank
    Are you there, cause you're German, or cause you're in the army ?

Sorry guys but i have got 2 new questions:

1. Usually, I go to gym 3 time a week. Should I train more often while on ?

2. I've heard that it is recommended for some PHs to take them with a large meal. SD too ????

Thanks guys.
    Army

What about you?

To answer your questions:
    1. I would increase volume per workout but keep the frequency the same.
    2. Don't think it really matters.

20. Hi!

Unfortunately I'm neither in the army nor am I American.
    Otherwise I would go to the base's shop every day just to buy some original American peanut butter (Peter Pan peanut butter.....damn! This stuff is sooooooo good!!)

21. Knowbull,

Your wording "...or until you get any sides threw me."

Are you saying use the Rebound during the SD run or PCT for 2 weeks?

I've also just started a 10mg SD/21 day cycle.

Thanks,

lefty

Hello I think your english is good. I congratulate you on your decision to use just 10 mgs of SD. I would use a low dose of Rebound for 2 weeks or until you get any sides. Milk thistle is okay at a low dose also. To keep your gains I would maintain caloric intake at the same or higher, use creatine and lower the weights, maintain a 3x10 scheme, that is what worked for me.

22. Thanks that wasnt well worded. I meant PCT only,

23. why would you take milk thistle during a cycle? i though you were supposed to take milk thistle after a cycle and without using any other supplements

24. Some people like to, just to avoid any toxic buildup that may occur, its unlikely to counteract anabolism while on

25. As I thought, but just double checking.

Have a good one.

lefty

Thanks that wasnt well worded. I meant PCT only,
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. got some questions about superdrol
    By hallgs56 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
  2. Question about superdrol
    By doodle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 04:01 PM
  3. question about superdrol in extreme heat..
    By lifted in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 04:59 PM
  4. Question about Superdrol...
    By MrUniverse09 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 07:36 PM
  5. some questions about L-Arginine-Ornithine
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 07:30 PM