List of Blood Tests Before/During,/After TRT?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I've lived in several foreign countries now. Sadly, it seems like every country (even developing ones) give people greater access to blood work, health care, etc. In many countries (esp. Middle East) medical care is good and completely free.

I'm thinking of going back on TRT.

1. Can you list all the blood tests that would be good to have before I start anything?

I'm guessing at least:

Total T
Free T
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

Cholesterol: HDL/LDL/VLDL/TRIGLYCERIDES

Blood Glucose

FSH, LH

2. What else is needed before TRT?

3. Are there any tests I can add/subtract during TRT use?

4. What tests should I do after? (I'm guessing the same ones I'm using before and during)

MuscleJ

Awards
If the health care is good and you they monitor you while it's free.... Why don't you just wait to go over there and discuss this with a doc. I'm just saying from all these dang threads you make I know your life story or atleast heard it about 50 times now.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
If the health care is good and you they monitor you while it's free.... Why don't you just wait to go over there and discuss this with a doc. I'm just saying from all these dang threads you make I know your life story or atleast heard it about 50 times now.
agreed. Talk with your pcp

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
I say these things because you guys have learned from so much trial-and-error.

1. I see the pro's and con's of all the major camps:

a. The researchers know the shades of gray better than anyone. However, they haven't dealt with individual's experience and how to monitor blood work.

b. Doctors are practitioners who've seen individual tests and can monitor people (especially those recovering). However, because they only see the bad uses, instead of the shades of gray, they are usually puritanical against any testosterone supplementation.

c. Bodybuilders have seen trial-and-error through their own experience. In the vain pursuit of more muscle, they've observed (and experienced) the side effects of supplementation (both good and bad). ASSUMING THAT BODYBUILDERS WILL ADMIT THEY MADE A MISTAKE, they've known where the real risks lie.

However, while research can suggest that SARMS, testosterone cypionate, oxandrolone, primobolan depot,etc were relatively safe AT THE LOW LEVELS THAT WERE RESEARCHED, it's clear that bodybuilders laugh at those small doses and end up taking 5-10x that. The amounts that were studied and proven somewhat safe would be laughed at and considered weak from a bodybulders point of view. (You realize everyone has said not to use "very weak" Primobolan depot, and certainly not at 100mg a week; it just goes to show moderation and caution are often not a priority.

2. For these reasons, I'm soliciting your major input because it's valuable in a way no one else has; but, by no means is it the full story.

3. I do talk to PCP's; the best ones are in a medical system that allow you to get these prescriptions while still having a good doctor, as well as free medical care where you can run 20 blood tests free of charge. I am not currently in one of those countries; but, it's still possible to get a good price.