PHs and Bodyfat

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43%

PHs and Bodyfat

Would it be a waste of time to cycle PHs with a bodyfat of 24%? I'm not fat, just a little squishy in the gut.

I've read that the only way to lower bodyfat and gain muscle is by using AAS. Does this also apply to PHs?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.57%

start running and loose weight then pop pills. Thats just me others may say different
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

AT your bf percentage I would worry about getting diet and training in check first, then the PH's will be more effective when and if you decide to use them. You can use them for cutting or bulking as long as you eat appropriately for your desired goal
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by redfrick
    I've read that the only way to lower bodyfat and gain muscle is by using AAS. Does this also apply to PHs?
    Where'd you read that? You can lower bodyfat and gain muscle without AAS. You might be thinking of getting to VERY low bodyfat levels of like 5% or below, in which case that very well may be true (if I ever get that low, I'll let you know...don't think I'm in danger of that happening tho).

If you focus on a clean diet and solid workout program, you should be able to peel off a good share of that bodyfat over a couple of months. Just remember, you don't have to lose it all at once.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    AT your bf percentage I would worry about getting diet and training in check first, then the PH's will be more effective when and if you decide to use them. You can use them for cutting or bulking as long as you eat appropriately for your desired goal
    I agree, diet is 75% of the equation. Get that nailed down, drop your bf more, and then perhaps use PHs.
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.96%

I don't think it is a waste of time, but you need to get the diet in order first. The PHs will help you maintain muscle mass while in a calorie deficit, but at that BF I would not be trying to bulk up with them. Get the diet in order and start slowly increasing your cardio. When you start losing the fat and you feel that you can continue on with the new eating and cardio lifestyle, then the PHs will come in handy to keep you from losing the hard earned lean muscle mass while you shed the fat.

Before I used any PHs I was at about 26% BF and got my diet and training in order. I dropped about 10 lbs and 2% bf to 24% and then ran my first PH cycle of 1T/4AD transdermal (S1+) for 4 weeks. I really had my diet in order and ate very clean and I gained about 14lbs but dropped 2%bf to 22% on the cycle. I waited about a month and a half after PCT and then started my cutting cycle where I used Mdien the 1st 4 weeks and just finished 4 weeks of PCT. On the cutting cycle I dropped 26lbs so far but my lifts in the gym have dropped very little. More so now since I am not on anything, but I compensate with intensity in the gym. I have not checked my bf in a while, but this cutting cycle so far I have lost 5 inches off my waist and I hope to see my abs sometime next month.

The whole thing depends on your dedication to maintain a strict diet and never missing your gym sessions.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.97%

I hear Twin Peak's carbohydrate cycling is great for that stuff. I'm going to start using it next week.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Forum User X
    I hear Twin Peak's carbohydrate cycling is great for that stuff. I'm going to start using it next week.
    i read that article last night and am thinking of that too. good luck with it!
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.97%

Thanks. I'll be updating that on my log. I also got a digital camera (Forum User X finally enters into the 21st century) and will take before and afters, probably first posting the ones tomorrow. I'll probably take a front and side shot every week. For carbohydrates, I think it would be best to have under 60 for no days (vegetables and fruit only), low to be 100-150, and high to be about 400. Got almost all my food ready too. I can't wait.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PH and Australia
    By Amateur in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 09:49 PM
  2. AAS, PH, and creatine
    By baham99 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 11:22 AM
  3. PH and Blood Pressure
    By phatbody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14