First Pin: Virgin Muscle PIP

Saucylemonz

Awards
Hello all,

I pinned my first time last friday (10/24/14) in my glute(i'm pretty sure my ventrogluteal region) 300 mg of test e, 1 cc (23g 1.5in). I was nervous about the process and it took about half an hour (and three failed attempts). About an hour after, I lifted legs. It was an alright workout, I lifted about what I normally do, albeit my nerves were a little shot because of the stress of pinning prior. Later that night, the area where I lifted was swollen and ached. Its been like that since today (10/26/14). I'm pretty sure it isn't an infection, as I was super careful about cleaning. I've heard it takes around 3-4 days for a virgin muscle to recover, and I need to pin again on Tuesday. Should I expect to miss or have a slower leg day this week(Friday)?

Thanks!

turff49

turff49

Awards
The PIP could last 6-7 days. Pin the other glute. Then pin the quads.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah do other side or quads it could last a,whole week although not be as intense I prefer quads because it's much easier to mastage injection site which I find crucial to helping with pip

MuscleJ

Awards
It basically is like working out your legs for the first time it's sore but you can handle it. Muscle through it and you will be fine

Saucylemonz

Awards
Update: I squatted down to pick something up and it felt like I tore something in my glute. Painful, but more of a sharp pain versus a dull pain. I took a shower and massaged the area. Went to sleep and the next morning, It feels like I'm running at 85%. Barely any pain at all.

So, tomorrow I need to pin my other glute, and go through the same process of limping around for a few days. It's been recommended that I then pin a quad. I've heard some people say that quads are really painful and prone to hitting blood vessels. Does one always need to cycle between three areas for injection or can they get away with doing two?

I'd like to thank everyone so far for their input, the insight has been very helpful.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Does one always need to cycle between three areas for injection or can they get away with doing two?
Depends on the person. I had to give my wife estrogen shots everyday for like three weeks straight, for a few cycles. We only did the shots in her glutes (so she was getting a shot in the same area every other day). She was sore, but never really complained.

MuscleJ

Awards
Some hate the quad. Look up vids on how to so IM in the quad it really helps out

Saucylemonz

Awards
Update #3: Today I lifted after class with my father's personal trainer (he couldn't make it so I filled in). I was going to do chest and tris, but the trainer wanted to do legs. I had a great workout, albeit the glute which I first injected is still a little sore and inflamed (one cannot make out the "butt dimple" on the side I injected on) after the workout I did my normal post workout regime and waited about an hour before pinning my other glute. I did 2 .5ml injections close to the "butt dimple" (which I think is a decent landmark for locating the centrifuge). I used a total of 4 needles, one for drawing and one for pinning. I was a lot more relaxed this time and listened to some chill music which helped me pace the injection slowly. I also heated the vial in some hot water before drawing. Absolutely no pain whatsoever. Hopefully come my next pin(Friday) my other glute will be back to normal for my next injection.

Thanks to everyone who helped throughout this process. If people are interested, I'd be happy to make a log with progress photos.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Be sure to inject slowly, 10-30 seconds to give it time to dissipate into the muscle. Then after you pushed everything in wait about 10 seconds to pull the needle out. Tips I were given that helped.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Quads hurt like a bitch for me if I'm not using low dosed gear. Try delts. Sust 400 had my quad swollen for 2 weeks. When you pull out the pin massage the site. And try high gauge pins. Make sure you get deep though.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like dirty gear.

Pip is normal.

Red an swollen isn't.

Btw, 4 needles is way too much. Two max.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update #3: Today I lifted after class with my father's personal trainer (he couldn't make it so I filled in). I was going to do chest and tris, but the trainer wanted to do legs. I had a great workout, albeit the glute which I first injected is still a little sore and inflamed (one cannot make out the "butt dimple" on the side I injected on) after the workout I did my normal post workout regime and waited about an hour before pinning my other glute. I did 2 .5ml injections close to the "butt dimple" (which I think is a decent landmark for locating the centrifuge). I used a total of 4 needles, one for drawing and one for pinning. I was a lot more relaxed this time and listened to some chill music which helped me pace the injection slowly. I also heated the vial in some hot water before drawing. Absolutely no pain whatsoever. Hopefully come my next pin(Friday) my other glute will be back to normal for my next injection.

Thanks to everyone who helped throughout this process. If people are interested, I'd be happy to make a log with progress photos.
Well this is a plus. Be careful. It gets easier. Wait till you use prop

Logman

Awards
It does get easier. Becomes second nature. I don't get pip even on Prop these days.

Saucylemonz

Awards
Sounds like dirty gear. Pip is normal. Red an swollen isn't. Btw, 4 needles is way too much. Two max.
I think it was just an inflammatory initial reaction. It went away after three days. The other side never had any inflammation. At 6 days later the side that I pinned last Friday is pretty much back at 100% with regard to pain; still a little lump.

Saucylemonz

Awards
I think it was just an inflammatory initial reaction. It went away after three days. The other side never had any inflammation. At 6 days later the side that I pinned last Friday is pretty much back at 100% with regard to pain; still a little lump.
Edit. %100 painfree