Help Reading Thyroid Function Tests?

Josey Wales

Awards
What does the following thyroid test values mean?

TSH: Result = 2.34 (Reference Range 0.350 - 5.500)

Thyroxine (T4): Result = 4.3 (Reference Range = 4.5 - 12.0) (Result is below the Reference Range)

T3 Uptake: Result = 43 (Reference Range = 24 - 39) (Result is above the Reference Range)

Free Thyroxine Index: Result = 1.8 (Reference Range = 1.2 - 4.9)

I'm not sure, but I think this means that the thyroid is upregulated as if by T3 or Trimax supplementation. Funny thing is that no such supplementation was used during the 14 days immediately prior to the tests that yielded these results.

If these tests do in fact mean that the thyroid is upregulated, could a Coleus Forskolin/Guggelsterone/Bladderwrack combination have such pronounced effects? And if so, wouldn't it be wise to drop this herb combo if this kind of thyroid upregulation occurred during PCT?

All insights and commentary will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
The results are fine. The important values are the TSH and the free T4, with are both fine. The thyroxine appears lower most likely due to protein binding or something like that, but it is not truly low.

acecombact1

Awards
What does the following thyroid test values mean?

TSH: Result = 2.34 (Reference Range 0.350 - 5.500)

Thyroxine (T4): Result = 4.3 (Reference Range = 4.5 - 12.0) (Result is below the Reference Range)

T3 Uptake: Result = 43 (Reference Range = 24 - 39) (Result is above the Reference Range)

Free Thyroxine Index: Result = 1.8 (Reference Range = 1.2 - 4.9)

I'm not sure, but I think this means that the thyroid is upregulated as if by T3 or Trimax supplementation. Funny thing is that no such supplementation was used during the 14 days immediately prior to the tests that yielded these results.

If these tests do in fact mean that the thyroid is upregulated, could a Coleus Forskolin/Guggelsterone/Bladderwrack combination have such pronounced effects? And if so, wouldn't it be wise to drop this herb combo if this kind of thyroid upregulation occurred during PCT?

All insights and commentary will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

results means thyroid is downregulated, not upregulated.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
a few questions:

1. You said you are in post cycle, right? If so, what cycle, how long was it, and how long have you been on PCT?

2. You are uysing a coleus forskolin/gugg right now? If so, what dose, and brand, and how long have you been using it

3. What is your diet like, macro ratios and total calories?

All of these can conribute to your thyroid values being slightly low.

Josey Wales

Awards
a few questions:

1. You said you are in post cycle, right? If so, what cycle, how long was it, and how long have you been on PCT?

2. You are uysing a coleus forskolin/gugg right now? If so, what dose, and brand, and how long have you been using it

3. What is your diet like, macro ratios and total calories?

All of these can conribute to your thyroid values being slightly low.
1. 9 week cycle was 4AD Transderm/4-OHT transderm/Mohn/MDHT and 1.25mg/day Letro (too much, I know that now). Used MDHT the last 3 weeks of the cycle only. Used Clen/T3 7on/7off during the first half of the cycle. Blood work was taken 6 days into PCT, which is the standard clomid/Nolva/AI (first Letro and later L-dex), along with trib/macca/avena sativa/long jack.

By the way, when I took these blood tests my total testosterone value was 7 points higher than the range. Not sure what was keeping it that high. I thought PH's and pro-steroids cleared the sys a lot quicker than 6 days. Maybe it was the Clomid/trib/macca/avena sativa, etc . . . ?

2. Taking 1 g of coleus 10% per day, which was purchased in bulk from a reputable online source. Using NOW's Guggel, 4 caps a day and bladderwrack caps, 5 per day. I've used these herbs from about week 5 of the cycle onward.

3. Diet is clean. I don't count calories but I do my best to intake 300g of protein a day. For carbs I eat pretty much only vegetables (spinache salads) and oatmeal (2 cups, cooked, a day). I also use flax oil/borage oil/cod liver oil.