Back Pumps - What Are They?

MrBEEF

Awards
Guys,

Just started a Furuza-300/EP15TANE stack. During this very start of the cycle (day 3) I did some heavy deadlifts. I have been getting a lot of low-back pressure/tension/numbness. I cannot tell if I injured myself or if it's a side effect from my cycle.

The pressure came multiple days AFTER I did the deadlift.

I tried searching for what back-pumps are, so can someone explain them, or tell me if my symptom is from a minor injury or from sides?

Thanks,
-MrBEEF

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
My back gets tight, as if I was lifting furniture all day or something.. Hard for me to stand up straight, feels better to lay down on my back..

Even walking when I have back pumps sucks..

It doesn't really feel like an injury to me, but maybe because I'm used to them..

Try more water, more potassium or taurine..

Fuzura and Epi will do it though for sure

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Guys,

Just started a Furuza-300/EP15TANE stack. During this very start of the cycle (day 3) I did some heavy deadlifts. I have been getting a lot of low-back pressure/tension/numbness. I cannot tell if I injured myself or if it's a side effect from my cycle.

The pressure came multiple days AFTER I did the deadlift.

I tried searching for what back-pumps are, so can someone explain them, or tell me if my symptom is from a minor injury or from sides?

Thanks,
-MrBEEF
A back pump is typically 2-part, a cellular imbalance which leads to painful muscle contractions. Taurine helps water circulation, which can help with "pumps" but if you are depleted of minerals at the cellular level, taurine won't do too much. The K/Na ratio is specifically important here. Do not supplement potassium, that's very dangerous and ONLY done by a doctor. Your best bet is to use taurine at 6g+ and take in lots of veggies. A multi vitamin can help too. I'm not one for recommending a multi, most of the time i feel it's a complete waste of money. However, on cycle when training is increased and food manipulated, a multi can really help.

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
A back pump is typically 2-part, a cellular imbalance which leads to painful muscle contractions. Taurine helps water circulation, which can help with "pumps" but if you are depleted of minerals at the cellular level, taurine won't do too much. The K/Na ratio is specifically important here. Do not supplement potassium, that's very dangerous and ONLY done by a doctor. Your best bet is to use taurine at 6g+ and take in lots of veggies. A multi vitamin can help too. I'm not one for recommending a multi, most of the time i feel it's a complete waste of money. However, on cycle when training is increased and food manipulated, a multi can really help.
What's wrong with taking potassium at a reasonable dose? I understand what your getting at here but 1-2 caps a day won't be an issue..

Or you can just get it what you needs from your foods, which I agree is the best method..

I'm also asking for myself, because on my current cycle, potassium, water or taurine won't put a dent whatsoever in my back pumps..

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The issue is that it's so easy to overdose on potassium, and it's quite dangerous. While some people, like yourself, can take an extra 500mg a day and be fine, others as we know aren't too smart. And if you take too much Vitamin B[complex] or C, oh well it's not going to be an issue and the toxic breakpoint is pretty high. Potassium at even low doses can cause side effects that can be detrimental.

MrBEEF

Awards
For me it's at the lower back only, and feel like tightness. It could be cramping. I get this when I do a lot of reverse situps. It just doesn't go away. I have had lower back problems in the past. I am also getting some electrical pulses when I touch my toes.

I'll up the Taurine and Spinach and see if it helps. Thanks, -MrBEEF

rawg

Awards
The issue is that it's so easy to overdose on potassium, and it's quite dangerous. While some people, like yourself, can take an extra 500mg a day and be fine, others as we know aren't too smart. And if you take too much Vitamin B[complex] or C, oh well it's not going to be an issue and the toxic breakpoint is pretty high. Potassium at even low doses can cause side effects that can be detrimental.
Ok, I am a physician of almost 10 years and this statement needs to be placed in proper context.
First, yes, it is easy to OD on potassium (I.e. Just ingest a lot, then you've basically a OD'd)
Is it quite dangerous? Not really, not in normal persons (good kidney functioning, that is). Hyperkalemia (high than normal range of potassium in serum) is a RARE occurence in normal persons because the cell and kidney responses prevent significant accumulation in serum (blood). Acute (or sudden) hyperkalemia can rarely be induced except in babies (because of their small size) and persistent hyperkalemia (which is a more clinically meaningful state) required an impaired ability to excrete it (again, someone who had an impaired kidney function). Humans have a very efficient way of excreting excess potassium if the intake of it is enhanced/increased; this is our potassium adaptation.

Ray F, MD