thinking about DHT...

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.4%

thinking about DHT...

i have a cut coming up that will include MOHN, T3, forskolin, letro and winstrol, among other things. i am considering the androgenic properties of winny and MDHT as i am seriously considering using it in this sycle (obviously not along with winny; 4 weeks of each)...specifically the impact to hair loss as i believe i am prone (not 100% on that but i suspect it)

here's the issue: litertaure i've read suggests that the 5-AR reduction of test at the scalp (resulting in DHT) is the cause of hair loss. in a normal (read: not juicing) male, the only place a man gets DHT is from test...but in a guy who might be putting exogenous DHT into his body (via winny, proviron, 3-alpha, M5 or MDHT), there will be an excess of serum DHT that has come to be via a method OTHER than 5-AR. now, if the literature is correct, these exogenous sources should have no effect on hairloss, but decades of winny use suggests otherwise (hair loss is common while on it) so i'm a little confused. which of the following applies?

1) the studies that show 5-AR as the lone culprit in hair loss dont tell the whole story, as they were studying men whose serum DHT is produced ONLY via 5-AR (ie. if DHT arrives via other means, it still does the same thing at the scalp)

or

2) the studies are correct, suggesting the hair loss experienced with winny (or other DHT derivative) has more to do with the test that is almost used in conjunction with it (i hear fewer stories of hair loss when winny is used without test) and its subsequent reduction at the scalp.

thoughts? i plan to take finasteride throughout this cycle (already on it - can't beat that IBE sale price from last weekend) but i am wondering if it will have an impact if "case 1" from above is accurate. i'm also on minoxidil and will be using azelaic acid and nizoral when the cycle starts.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.32%

if, like you said, test is being taken in conjunction with the cycle that could explain it. If test is raised to supraphysiological levels say 10 times normal, then even if you are using a local 5AR blocker for your scalp, the test that gets Dihydroxylated elswhere whould also be present in about ten times the ususal quantity which would still get to the androgen receptors in the scalp would it not?...Dim
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.4%

Quote Originally Posted by diminuendo
    if, like you said, test is being taken in conjunction with the cycle that could explain it. If test is raised to supraphysiological levels say 10 times normal, then even if you are using a local 5AR blocker for your scalp, the test that gets Dihydroxylated elswhere whould also be present in about ten times the ususal quantity which would still get to the androgen receptors in the scalp would it not?...Dim
    thanks for giving it some thought...

finasteride isnt a "local" 5-AR blocker; it's systemic, which accounts for libido loss that is common on it (something i'll have to look out for)

if azelaic acid blocked virtually all the 5-AR at the scalp, it would be a wonder-drug, because it would permit massive amounts of serum DHT (which would be great for libido, hardness, vascularity, but not so hot for prostate) while keeping the scalp DHT-free. unfortunately i dont think it is effective as that, otherwise it's all you'd ever need.

once again, i think the question is: is it 5-AR from test that causes balding, or does DHT alone play a part?
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.32%

Truck, there is an interesting article on DHT by Patrick Arnold at Avant labs. Go to the magazine heading>past issues>scroll down and look for "Give DHT another chance" it is an interesting read......Dim
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.91%

If you are prone to hair loss you will lose hair on winny. DHT is often a culprit in hair loss, but not by any means the sole contributer. 5AR reduction of test to DHT can play a role in hair loss, but look at dianabol which is only very mildy AR mediated and will make your hair fall out in clumps. Also, consider Tren. It is not converted to DHT at all and will kill the hair line. Bottom line, any androgen will contribute to hair loss, one way or another if you are prone.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Finasteride doesnt work that well for everyone and has been shown to be hepatatoxic in some cases. Any androgen will contribute to hairloss if you are genetically predisposed, just my 2 cents
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull
    Finasteride doesnt work that well for everyone and has been shown to be hepatatoxic in some cases. Any androgen will contribute to hairloss if you are genetically predisposed, just my 2 cents
    this much is true. After readin MANY of Dio's posts at BB.com about this, and other research, it seems to be that you can use something such as finasteride or nizoral, but in the end you may lose it anyway

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you think about this stack?
    By Molehonea in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 10:43 AM
  2. Have gyno already. Thinking about PH...
    By LunaHotel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 02:45 PM
  3. Fat Loss- Something To Think About
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 02:45 PM
  4. What do you think about Trenabol-X
    By neckcrank in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:16 AM
  5. What do you think about mag-10