Issues with puberty and prohormones

1. Registered User
    Answers

Issues with puberty and prohormones

Lately i saw a post about the debate of prohormone use in those under 21. The main problem of this issue is the suppression that follows its use. 21 is a roundabout age where most are experiencing their last rounds of puberty. When an individual would take the ph or steroid it would suppress the raging testostrone in its tracks. When rebounded from the suppression, where would their test level go back to? Puberty is determined by when the genes are encoded to release the arsenal of puberty. Would the genes just stop here when suppression occurs, and pick up right back where it stopped in rebound? Or would it turn off the encoding on that gene, and then resume on another sequence all together? Which would maybe result in the completion of puberty and the decline of testosterone from there on out.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Good question. I know that when I was 22 years old, I still had pretty bad acne on my face. This led me to beleive that my hormones still hadn't reached homeostatis yet. And by not knowing this or rather realizing this a couple years back, I started cycling shortly after my 22nd B-day. Since then I've probably spent more time ON than off. About 10 2-4 week ph cycles, and 4 AAS cycles.

I'm just hoping that I didn't harm myself somehow in the long term by effecting my T levels when they could have been relatively high naturally in the future.

But libido is still pretty high, and I don't have mcuh else to complain about as others do that ARE experiencing low T levels, so hopefully I have nothing to worry about.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

IMO,suppression and recovery are not the big issues. What you need to worry about is exogenous testosterone fusing the growth plates in bones stopping bone growth permanently.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    Since then I've probably spent more time ON than off.
    Don't you read? Or do you just not care?
  5. Registered User
    Answers

So if it is taken during puberty, it would not alter hormone levels after it to any great extent?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KCPreki11
    Don't you read? Or do you just not care?
    What are you talking about man? I said that in the last two years I've been enhanced more than I've been natty. That doesn't mean that I haven't taken the appropriatte amounts of time off. Get a grip.,
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tbonz169
    So if it is taken during puberty, it would not alter hormone levels after it to any great extent?
    No, noone has said this. LO meant that in his opinion stunting bone growth is a bigger cincern for him. That doesn't mean that stunting long-term natural test levels can't happen. Contrary to LO, I think that this problem is the most to be concerned about long term. That would leave many many years of unsatisfactory gains in the gym, etc..
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

And the bedroom.

9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    No, noone has said this. LO meant that in his opinion stunting bone growth is a bigger cincern for him. That doesn't mean that stunting long-term natural test levels can't happen. Contrary to LO, I think that this problem is the most to be concerned about long term. That would leave many many years of unsatisfactory gains in the gym, etc..
    why would that be problematic. shorter people, on average, have an easier time building muscle and filling out there frames. not that it really matters to me, i'm 6'0'' and done growing.
  10. Banned
    Answers

....what guy wants to be short, that's why it can be problematic
  11. Registered User
    Answers

not only short but narrow too
  12. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    IMO,suppression and recovery are not the big issues. What you need to worry about is exogenous testosterone fusing the growth plates in bones stopping bone growth permanently.
    I thought it was the estrogen that closed the growth plates, hence the reason girls are generally shorter than guys.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

you do run the risk of causing a major problem with you endocrine system if you screw around with AAS or PH's before you stop growing.. and it is not the estrogen but test that causes the plates to fuse in guys

The main factor that determines when the growth plates fuse is the rise in various hormones that takes place with puberty. Testosterone, which is the major hormone in boys, promotes growth as well as maturation of bone, eventually causing the growth plates to fuse. For boys, the growth spurt occurs fairly late in puberty, after there is already a fair amount of pubic hair and the penis and testes have enlarged to almost their full size. take from http://www.familyeducation.com/exper...-26768,00.html
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Actually its estrogen which causes most of the closure in epiphyseal plates, that why anavar is touted as being relatively safer.
  15. Board Supporter
    Answers

If this is the case, then if you are supposibly done growing it has the same effect as it would on a 30 year old or whatever, so if you've out grown your parents by far and stopped growing for years then what is the huge deal that is constantly speculated.

Secondly if its the estrogen causing the fusing, then sdrol and anavar seem ideal drugs for younger athletes who feel they must take drugs.

Just my thoughts.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Libido Issues with HCG and Estrogen (PLZ HELP!)
    By prslespaul in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 01:02 AM
  2. Bullnox, Caffeine content and issues with product
    By 996ttelise in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 09:17 PM
  3. Physical issues, HGC and Prohormones (Finaflex).
    By ColtSSBR in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 01:03 AM
  5. timing issues with igf and insulin
    By GH_MAN in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 01:29 PM