Why so many people on TRT?

kinghenry6

Awards
It's been on my mind for a while and just never went around to ask it. I've noticed a good sum of people who're on anabolics are on TRT? Is there a reason or did you just get unlucky?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Many of us just don't want to come off.

And many of us are not on real TRT... They're on self prescribed TRT.

And some actually have low test levels.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I notice this too. A lot of people just think TRT is gonna get them huge or something. Only on this site though, and other bodybuilding type forums. Besides that it's extremely rare in my area anyway.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People just don't like to PCT. Myself included - it'd be tempting to stay on forever.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know tons of people on TRT. It's very popular in CO, likely due to our lifestyles here. In any case, I am on it and it's been the best decision I ever made.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
It's been on my mind for a while and just never went around to ask it. I've noticed a good sum of people who're on anabolics are on TRT? Is there a reason or did you just get unlucky?
In south Florida where I am you pay to get blood results that show altered low test levels to get on TRT. Anyone with money can get on it

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
In south Florida where I am you pay to get blood results that show altered low test levels to get on TRT. Anyone with money can get on it

I'd much rather spend that money on a cycle and just get tested when I'm suppressed.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use PHs/AAS long enough and you will be on TRT as well;)
This.

I've actually decided the on/off back and forth 3 to 4 orals a year is a terrible idea for overall health and is the worst option. I'd recommend someone run 100-400mg/wk of T year round before this.

I've now started exploring for information regarding this bro science about time off = time on + PCT. Fact is, bouncing back and forth with hormones wont allow proper recovery, will not allow u to keep that "on cycle" look, in fact you'll lose most gains and it will certainly trash the lipids.

A low, TRT-like dosing keeps hormones level, strong enough for steady growth or at least maintainability and doesnt jack with the cholesterol panel hardly at all. In my experience, if ur gonna do cycles of steroids, just run Test and do occasional burst of other hormones, preferrably ones that dont jack with ur kidneys, cholesterol or prostate. All in all, two cycles (on top of TRT) of stuff a year is about all I can recommend and thats just because it takes THAT LONG to recover the lipid profile from those orals.

Long term, the most devastating effect steroids have is to ur cardiovascular system, not ur endogenous T levels, those r gonna tank eventually whether u like it or not.

robmm

robmm

Awards
Damn, is that a joke?. I'd be suing the doctor!
no joke man, I am allergic to iodine, so he used something else, didn't use it right, got an infection, which led to epididymitis, and a sack the size of a grapefruit, and two days in the hospital, which ****ed up my one nut and low t

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no joke man, I am allergic to iodine, so he used something else, didn't use it right, got an infection, which led to epididymitis, and a sack the size of a grapefruit, and two days in the hospital, which ****ed up my one nut and low t

Did you sue?.

robmm

robmm

Awards
No, made inquiry's about it, things are a little diffrent up here in Canada, also because I'm allergic to iodine and Bernadine surgical scrub, the dr had to use stuff he was not familiar with, he had a review with the dr board at the hospital and that's it. And he was a urologist lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the number of men on TRT is not something new. This subject of low T was never talked about openly in the past. This, combined with the machismo factor, resulted in "quiet" conversation between friends and family. For example, I just found out that my deceased father was on TRT patches over 10 years ago. As with most personal subjects today it's now acceptable to talk about it.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also can't discount, that it is about big pharma and even bigger money. Look at what they charge for Androgel/et al and what they can actually make it for. Anymore, you are quite alone if you are in your 50's and not on any kind of meds.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This.

I've actually decided the on/off back and forth 3 to 4 orals a year is a terrible idea for overall health and is the worst option. I'd recommend someone run 100-400mg/wk of T year round before this.

I've now started exploring for information regarding this bro science about time off = time on + PCT. Fact is, bouncing back and forth with hormones wont allow proper recovery, will not allow u to keep that "on cycle" look, in fact you'll lose most gains and it will certainly trash the lipids.

A low, TRT-like dosing keeps hormones level, strong enough for steady growth or at least maintainability and doesnt jack with the cholesterol panel hardly at all. In my experience, if ur gonna do cycles of steroids, just run Test and do occasional burst of other hormones, preferrably ones that dont jack with ur kidneys, cholesterol or prostate. All in all, two cycles (on top of TRT) of stuff a year is about all I can recommend and thats just because it takes THAT LONG to recover the lipid profile from those orals.

Long term, the most devastating effect steroids have is to ur cardiovascular system, not ur endogenous T levels, those r gonna tank eventually whether u like it or not.

People like to ignore the facts in your post though and they start dumb ass comparisons to alcohol and cigarettes. "Bros" for some reason think PCT and "Support supps" are going to keep them healthy.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People like to ignore the facts in your post though and they start dumb ass comparisons to alcohol and cigarettes. "Bros" for some reason think PCT and "Support supps" are going to keep them healthy.
Well its because they never get bloods done. Get bloods and get surprised, lol. I'm done tearing my insides up. Gonna stick with the assortment of non-heart killin stuff like:

T3 - short durations
Albuterol
GHRP/GHRH
L-Carnitine (used appropriately)
Regular HIIT/HIT cardio

Anyways, there are so many other decent options out there that have lesser sides than even these. The point of this mesage is to do what is best for ur health, if u just have to do something.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Is it possible to use l-carnitine inappropriately?

Swolljaboi

Awards
Wasn't aware people used L-carnitine I'M. More effective this way?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wasn't aware people used L-carnitine I'M. More effective this way?
By a long shot. Otherwise, it takes about 90 dayd of oral administration to load the muscles with L-Carn. Expensive and time consuming.

Injections, well a single daily oral dose stretched out 3 or 4 times per week, with a healthy dose of carbs eaten soon afterwards, will utilize insulin's ability to drive the L-Carn to the muscle immediately. I look forward to it.

L-Carn transitions the muscle from utilizing carbs to utilizing fatty acids for fuel. This is ideal for people like myself who have to eat lots of carbs to train properly. This will allow for fat burning while not sacrificing in my training. Couple it with GHS peptides, Albuterol and TRT and I'm gonna be gtg. WAY better than killin my cholesterol and organs with stuff like Hdrol or Epi.